Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

3.5

on 4/11/2010 3:33:00 PM

This little indulgence makes me feel pretty. It defines well and gives incredible length without irritating my eyes. Like diorshow, it smudges a little by the end of the workday. But seriously, it holds a curl extremely well and makes my eyes feel "finished." Definite repurchase.

Flaky! Not very buildable. With lengthening mascaras, I prefer to use two coats for added volume, but this product does not really allow that. It will make your lashes cling together rather than separate as lengthening mascaras should. And it looks a little clumpy. Would not repurchase. Don't just go with the first recommendation the Sephora SA tells you.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

My mom gave me this because I was out of my mascara and I really liked it. It isn't clumpy at all(unless you put on waaay too much) and dosn't flake. Except after a couple months it does start flaking but thats probably because its old and I need to throw it out but I still have a good amount left.

on 2/12/2010 2:59:00 PM

There is absolutely nothing special about this. Doesn't lengthen as much as lash blast or my favorite, hourglass. Basically, its an overhyped product. It's ok and just ok. Doesn't smudge or transfer for 8 hours +. Doesn't clump but not much length and no volume at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The Sephora SA recommended this for me when I asked about the original Diorshow. She claimed that it does exactly what Diorshow does, but with smaller brush which was meant to be friendlier for smaller eyes. At first I was a little offset by the "small eyes" comment (I'm Asian and my monolid doesn't help), but I snapped myself out of it and convinced myself she's just speaking the truth and I should trust her for being real about it. I really wasn't that impressed by it for the first month or so. I liked the smell and it gave me volume, but it not much separation. Sometimes I would be left with four huge pieces of glossy eyelashes..we call those clumps. So a lash comb was my best friend. This became more pleasurable to use once it started drying up and getting thicker, because it gave me more length, and I would counter the clumps with my lash comb. I just don't think it's that memorable of a mascara and it certainly does not give me the same results as the original Diorshow.

on 12/8/2009 4:22:00 PM

This is my favourite mascara at the moment. I like the fact that the brush is not made of rubber and it's small enough so that I don't mess up my lids with it. It is easy to build up the volume and avoid clumping.

on 12/7/2009 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried tons of mascaras and am always looking for something new. I decided to try this one after finishing off my Besame 1930s gingerbread mascara - which I liked, but gave me raccoon eyes after a few hours of wear. The Diorshow Unlimited isn't waterproof, but it doesn't seem to give raccoon eyes, and removal is a breeze. I never curl my lashes, and after only 1 coat I'm left with long, thick lashes that look like I'm wearing falsies. This mascara also seems to provide some curl. So far I have not had any issues with flaking, which is usually a problem for me. I can see how this might become clumpy quickly, but so far so good. Overall I am happy with this mascara and will repurchase. Edited 12/18: Unfortunately I've developed an allergic reaction to this mascara and had to stop using it. I have never had this reaction to any other mascara in my life, but apparently (after doing some reading online) it is fairly common with DiorShow. Severe itching around my lash line and extremely red, swollen lids. Not sure what ingredient is causing it. Even after stopping use of the mascara, it took several days to clear up.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Waste of money. Two coats and it clumps like no other

on 8/13/2009 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This worked wonders on my short, sparse Asian lashes. I got a sample of this and was surprised that my lashes were instantly thickened and lengthened after only 1 coat. Usually I need build several coats just to get the results of 1 coat of the Unlimited mascara.

This brush is actually able to pick up my sparse lashes and coat each strand, unlike mascaras with bigger brushes such as Benefit BadGal and Too Faced Lash Injection. I used the curved part of the brush to build volume and coat my lashes, and then flip it over to use the flap side to define the lashes.

I like this much better than my trusty L'oreal Voluminous because not only does it give me thick, full, fluttery lashes but it also does not smudge like the Voluminous. It stays put all day which I love. Towards the end of the evening, it does flake off but I don't mind because the staying power is still fairly good.

I'm surprised that others found that this did not give them the dramatic results that I found. This works wonders on short barely there lashes.

The only problem I can forsee with this is that it seems to dry out fast. I only have a sample and I can already see that after 3 uses, the formula is beginning to dry which can be expensive to replace at $31 CAD a pop. Nonetheless, I'm really happy with the results and I like it more than the DS brands.

on 8/12/2009 1:21:00 AM

I had today iconic on one eye and unlimited on the other. They are almost the same ...unlimited gives a little tiny bit less length.