Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

3.5

on 4/15/2008 6:41:00 PM

I bought my second tube of this today. Had previously used Diorshow Blackout and although I liked its consistency, I found the brush too thick for my eyelashes (I'm Asian so I've got relatively short eyelashes). Unlimited on the other hand, has the right sized brush for my lashes and volumizes, lengthens, and curls. It doesn't flake off in the middle of the day, like some mascaras do. Sometimes I wonder if I really need to be paying $20+ for mascara when I can get it at Target for $4, but I think the quality really speaks for itself. For someone like me, whose lashes are quite short, I feel like it's worth the investment.

Pros: Makes my lashes extra long
Able to layer with DIORSHOW mascara. Super DRAMATIC EFFECT.
Cons: Not waterproof, smudges at end of day/night. Weigh down lashes losing the curl.

on 2/11/2008 11:58:00 AM

I got this at Sephora when I was looking for something with a little more oomph to definition to my lashes. I have long, full lashes, but they're light, so they need help. This didn't clump, holds the curl from my eyelash curler all day, doesn't flake off or irritate my eyes, and doesn't run.

I have really short and straight lashes, but with two coats of this they look as if they double in size! the only downfall is that it is a bit flakey and gets onto your face. For the price of a mascara like this, i was expecting a bit more, i don't think i'll buy this again.

on 1/20/2008 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a sample from Sephora and I really like this! I only have 2 problems with it:
1) It flakes too soon after applying, and 2) It costs way too much to buy the full-sized! I dislike spending more than $10 on a tube of mascara that I have to discard in 3 months. Dior & Chanel have ridiculously priced cosmetics, and simply not worth the hefty price tags, IMO. So, even tho I enjoyed the sample, I know I will not be repurchasing.

on 11/6/2007 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is for lengthening and I use it before DiorShow original as this was how it was demonstrated on me from a Dior national artist. It is great if you just need length and it was greatly help with separation. I really love the brush the most and I had no issues with eye irritation. I have the same color in DiorShow and do not see any different between them, just a great black color.

If you need length AND thickening, I'd try a primer (I hear shiseido has a great one) to get some thickness and unlimited for length.

I received this mascara as a sample and was very pleased with the results. It doesn't flake and adds great length. It reminds me a lot of Lancome defencils mascara.

on 8/30/2007 2:12:00 PM

I love this sleek looking package more than anything. The mascara works OK, but I think the Diorshow regular one is better in building volume, even though I'm not a fan of that chunky tube. I bought these 2 together, after falling victim to Dior's marketing brochure laying on the counter showing you how to get 4 looks using Diorshow (a) + Diorshow Unlimited (b): a alone, b alone, a+b, then b+a. I know it's all photoshop, but I fell for it. This one does what it claims - building length. Diorshow regular builds more volume. So if I use the regular one first, and then brush this unlimited one next, I get really long & full lashes (I have short straight Asian lashes). They do flake though, I just don't know which one is the main flaker, cause I keep coating them on, in the end I lose track which one is the final coat. They are easy to wash off at night. In short, I'll buy again, unless I find a cheap substitute at drugstores. Blowing $50 on 2 mascaras is still a bit steep...

I bought DiorShow a couple of mths ago n absolutely LOVED it so it got me really curious abt d rest of d range. I must say tt it took me 2 mths to take d plunge to buy this cos unlike DiorShow (11.5ml), d Unlimited comes in a smaller packaging (6ml) almost half d volume but for d same price! Wat I look for in a mascara is lengthening cos my lashes r already thick but kinda short so Im thrilled tt this lengthens my lashes considerably. Not sure whether it curls tho coz I always use my Shu curler. I think Im satisfied with d fact tt this is able to hold my curled lashes for d day. The brush is d smallest among d range. It makes application easier coz u r less likely to accidently touch ur upper n lower lids. *I must add tho tt my twin doesn't like this mascara coz it's dryer tt DiorShow. She prefers wetter mascaras* This is a gd everyday mascara coz it's not OTT but if u wan to add omph, use this as a top coat with DiorShow to make ur lashes extremely THICK n LONG.

I bought this mascara a few weeks ago, and while it's more than I usually spend on mascara, I'm happy with the purchase and expect to buy it again when the time comes.

This mascara does exactly what I wanted it to do. It really emphasizes length - I have thick but short eyelashes with blond tips so this is exactly what I wanted. A single coat (I bought black) darkens and lengthens nicely while giving a subtle effect -- like my own lashes but a better, which I really really like. Another coat or two will give a more dramatic/thicker look more comparable to what I get with other mascaras.

There are two things that really impressed me with this mascara: 1) it's the best mascara I've ever tried for my bottom lashes -- the lighter consistency means it doesn't get all clumpy or blobby, which goes on to the next point; 2) this mascara flakes less than any other mascara I can recall trying. No matter what mascara I try, it always ends up flaking onto my lower lids by the end of the day. I'm not saying this doesn't flake at all, but it's much much lighter if I can see it at all and it takes much longer.