Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Not a fan of the original DiorShow - found it very clumpy and goopy. My lashes stuck togest and gave me that "spider lash" look. The wand was way too thick.
I'm reluctant to say this is my HG mascara (as I always continue my search for a perfect mascara), but this is FANTASTIC for daytime wear. No, it doesn't do much in the way of volumizing for me, but with a curler used before hand (sometimes I skip this step), this mascara is fabulous for lengthening and curling. It beats Chanel's Extracils,Shiseido's Curling Mascara and Armani's Starlash hands down. No smudging after an eight hour day (and my eyes tend to tear on a frequent basis). If you're looking for dramatic lashes, I would suggest the original DiorShow (just be prepared to comb and recomb) or Lancome's Fatale (which requires a lot of work, but really gives your lashes quite a bit of "oomph"). This is not as wet of a formula as Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes but the pigment is just as good (the packaging just isn't as cute). I would prefer a glossier mascara, but if it means no racoon eyes, I'll take it! I think I've tried every high and low end mascara out there, so please email me if you want me to know how this compares to the usual suspects: Clinique Glossy, all the Chanel, Prescriptives,Kanebo and Shiseido mascaras, BB, Chantecaille, Darphin, Clarins, Kevyn Aucoin,Pout, Blinc, Fresh Supernova, Bourjois, Stila, Anna Sui and Sisley. I have also tried most drugstore brands. DiorShow Unlimited is a keeper (for now)!

EDIT: After several weeks of use, I have only now realized that this is a fiber mascara, and these just don't agree with me. Too much product comes out of the tube, and I end up scraping it off the side. No, I don't pump the wand, as a mascara whore, I know better! If you like fiber mascaras, then this is fine. I'll stick w/ Guerlain Divinora for daytime, which lengthens and seperates just like the Dior product, but doesn't tug on my lashes (like a fiber mascara doeas). I also found that the DiorShow became significantly drier after several weeks. Overall, not a bad mascara at all, but it just doesn't work for me.

on 10/2/2006 8:30:00 PM

Started out beautiful, then got smudgier and smudgier as it got older. I refuse to throw it out because of the price, but it was nothing special.

I like the original Dior Show better, because I like the big brush & it gives my lashes more volume. This mascara didn't do it for me..Volume is the main thing I look for in a mascara since my lashes aren't naturally short. If I want more curl I can use my Shu Uemura eyelash curler.

on 8/5/2006 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have very fine & thin, shorter than average length eyelashes. The only reason I tried this was because Sephora discontinued selling English Ideas Mascara Primer, which I would normally pair with MAC's prolong lash mascara. Diorshow is supposed to be an all-in-one, lash-extending, thickening & curling mascara. After curling my lashes with shu uemura, I have ready lashes and it definitely thickened the look of my lashes, but as far as curling and extending, I'm sad to say it didn't do much for me. Because my lashes are so fine and thin, the only thing I can do is to keep the curl and length of my lashes priority. So I'm back to MAC prolong lash now paired with the MAC prep+prime. Loving it although thick would be good. It's definitely hard to get my lashes to be long, curly and thick without overdoing it by losing the curl along the way of trying to make it look thicker and keeping a clean look at the same time. Cute packaging though and it's a bit pricey.

on 11/8/2011 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I bought this a few years back at Sephora. I was looking for a mascara that gives me length and curl but not too much volume. I tried a bunch of them from different brand and finally dicided to get this one. I was really impressed with its ability to lengthen my lashes and gives some curl to them. It seperates my lashes well without clumping or flaking. I am not quite use to the brush (one side is flat and the other side looks like normal brushes) so the volumnizing effect is minimal on me.
It was my go to mascara until I accidentally purchased Lancome Definicils. This has a much better lengthen effect but the Lancome one performs better overall without being too complicated with the brush.

on 8/31/2011 9:35:00 PM

This was a decent mascara, lengthening, nice curl and volumizing. Its not my favourite, and its kinda expensive, but I will probably buy it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this in Azur Blue, as my Too Faced Lash Injection blue mascara is just about in the grave. I seem to like Dior's colored mascaras much better. It is a bright blue, and if worn alone, extremely obvious (not that I mind). I actually put a layer of black mascara on first, and then apply this to the tips of my top and bottom lashes. It makes my green eyes look brighter and much more awake, and the whites look whiter. It is expensive for a neon blue mascara, but I do like it. My lashes are already very long, thick, and curled, but it does make an obvious lengthening as well.

on 9/17/2010 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I received a small mascara size as a gift, I liked it and I thought why not try the regular size. It volumes and lengthens to the point that i look like i am wearing false lashes. However the brush wand is too big for my small eyes it gets everywhere. That could be fixed if I used a mascara guard but i don't have one.

on 6/28/2010 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

When i use this mascara, i usually do a double coat. i have short lashes, and this mascara doesn't plump them up enough on its own. i have the blue one, and it really does lengthen them. you can tell its blue in the light, and it's subtle in normal light. this is a really fun product to have, and it lasts a very long time. I looove this.

FYI I also use almay thickening mascara with this. they both work really well together if anyone has short lashes and wants to get some VA-VA-VOOM volume. seriously.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

My mom gave me this because I was out of my mascara and I really liked it. It isn't clumpy at all(unless you put on waaay too much) and dosn't flake. Except after a couple months it does start flaking but thats probably because its old and I need to throw it out but I still have a good amount left.