Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

3.5

on 3/22/2007 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is my first and last Dior mascara. Bought it cause the tax free shop had run out of YSL Faux Cils which i wanted to try. while the first visual effect is kinda all right, the mascara smudges easily, clumps, doesn't seperate lashes well.. all the problems i never had with Lancome Hypnose. Wouldn't recommend this to anybody. The only way I can make this look better is paired with Shiseido mascara base.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I originally set out to buy the original DiorShow but was talked into Unlimited. I don't think I have anything positive to say about it. I HATED this. The smell was bizarre, the mascara itself was at first, too runny, then quickly clumped into an unuseable mess. It irritated my contact lenses and smudged easily. The salesgirl must have been using something else when she said it was "the perfect mascara" and people constantly "asked her if she was wearing falsies". I was so disappointed as I read so many great reviews.

This is probably one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried. I got it last year to use for my wedding, and the first time I tried it, it was fantastic - long, fluttery lashes just like I wanted. The second time and every time after that, TERRIBLE. There was SOOOO much goop on the brush, that I had to scrape some of it off on the side of the tube. Even after doing that, my lashes still clumped like you wouldn't believe it...just wayyy too much on that wand. There should be an extra funnel thingy inside to take off some of that product. Also, after about 3 hours, the length was gone...the stupid little flakey fiber things (that landed all over my cheeks, btw) fell off and I was left looking like I had used nothing at all on my lashes...except that the clumping remained. Lovely. I wanted badly to use all Dior products for my wedding face as I had recently come to love their skincare, but this was just awful. I tried several different ones and ultimately ended up back with my forever HG, Maybelline's Sky High Curves. Yes, the DS brand outperformed the prestigious DiorShow Unlimited. I buy all of my other makeup and skincare at Sephora, but I'll stick with my tried and true on this one, even if it is a "cheaper" product because it just works - Massive length AND curl that STAYS...and NO clumpies, even as it ages (I've had the current tube for 3 months now, and even with daily use, it's not empty or gooey). Pricier is not always better.

on 2/18/2007 8:32:00 PM

Yep, I'm a dork. I bought this back in February and didn't care for it. I wrote a review for it, and it wasn't all that favorable. Forgot that I bought it once before, bought it again 9 months later and didn't care for it the second time around either!! Diorshow Unlimited left my lashes looking sparse, almost like I wasn't even wearing mascara. I prefer a natural look over major drama, but for $23, I should have looked like I was wearing something, no? HATE the brush - it just isn't easy to work with. I had to spend quite a bit of time cleaning up with a Q-tip. Meh, not impressed. (Apparently I wasn't impressed the first time I test drove it either.)

Trust me, I will not make the same mistake a third time!

on 12/30/2006 4:48:00 PM

What can I say? Hated it and am left wondering what all of the hype is about. I also tried the original DiorShow and found that the brush was too big and gave me awful spidery lashes. I exchanged it for Unlimited based on the saleswoman's recommendation. I found that it also clumped something fierce...bad enough that my husband commented on it. This doesn't even come close to to YSL Faux Cils or Shu Uemura Precise Volume IMO.

on 11/30/2006 8:43:00 PM

I love Diorshow so I had high hopes for this. It smudged worse than anything I have ever used and I am a mascara addict so I have used alot of them! It was a good 1/2 inch or more under my eyes by afternoon. I gave it another try to make sure it wasn't the humidity or anything and it did it again. Very disappointing for the cost.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

as a lover of diorshow, i was pretty excited to try out this version since it has a smaller brush. huge disappointment! it made my lashes clump together to form triangle shape lashes with zero volume. i can hardly wait to go back to exchange it for the regular diorshow. this mascara performs like a drugstore mascara, but 4x the price.

on 5/8/2010 2:09:00 AM

This mascara is nothing special... I think Maybelline lash stilletto does a way better job at a fraction of the price.
The mascara lengthens and curls fine and two coats is fine, ie wont clump and gives long length. However, more than 2 coats and it will be CLUMPS galore... :) I much prefer my ls

Flaky! Not very buildable. With lengthening mascaras, I prefer to use two coats for added volume, but this product does not really allow that. It will make your lashes cling together rather than separate as lengthening mascaras should. And it looks a little clumpy. Would not repurchase. Don't just go with the first recommendation the Sephora SA tells you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The Sephora SA recommended this for me when I asked about the original Diorshow. She claimed that it does exactly what Diorshow does, but with smaller brush which was meant to be friendlier for smaller eyes. At first I was a little offset by the "small eyes" comment (I'm Asian and my monolid doesn't help), but I snapped myself out of it and convinced myself she's just speaking the truth and I should trust her for being real about it. I really wasn't that impressed by it for the first month or so. I liked the smell and it gave me volume, but it not much separation. Sometimes I would be left with four huge pieces of glossy eyelashes..we call those clumps. So a lash comb was my best friend. This became more pleasurable to use once it started drying up and getting thicker, because it gave me more length, and I would counter the clumps with my lash comb. I just don't think it's that memorable of a mascara and it certainly does not give me the same results as the original Diorshow.