Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

3.5

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had been using regular DiorShow mascara, and really was not very happy with it. I have sparse med. brown lashes, and was having a lot of trouble controlling the large brush. When I explained my problem, the Dior SA recommended the Unlimited. Wow! What a difference. I love the mascara and the brush. The mascara doesn't flake, extends and curls my lashes beautifully, and washes out with my regular face cleanser. The brush is larger on one side, and smaller on the other...perfect for controlling. I got this in black, and will definitely repurchase.

on 12/27/2006 9:13:00 PM

Very nice mascara that lenghtens my lashes and doesn't flake off into my eyes (the one I purchased was not the waterproof version). I have it in black and it is not too harsh against my pale skin. Washes off easily with soap and water too. I will definitley be repurchasing this mascara.

on 12/20/2006 1:04:00 PM

I have finally found my HG mascara! Just to give you some perspective, I have tried: L"oreal HIP, Featherlash, Cover Girl Lash Exact, Maybelline Great Lash, FullnSoft, All Lancome mascaras, Blinc Kiss Me, Vincent Longo The Curl, Anna Sui, Too Faced Faux Fir, Bourgeous, Chanel Extracils, Tarte, Fresh, and countless others.

First off, the packaging is to die for. The mascara equivalent of of their logo bags. Second, the mascara is liquid without being watery or cakey. I have a really hard time maintaining the curl of my lashes, and this mascara gave it the perfect soft curl, thickened the roots, and lengthened my lashes immensely. I found that wiggling the wand at the very base of my lashes gave it extreme thickness. Hours later, the curl stayed!!

The main difference between this mascara and Diorshow, in my opinion, is that it doesn't clump or weigh down my lashes. The wand is slimmer so there is less chance of it smearing during application. I know that it's expensive as mascaras go, but trust me, it is so worth it!!

on 11/19/2006 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

As a fan of Diorshow mascara (both original and waterproof version in Azzure Blue), I have to admit that this lives up to its claims and has now replaced the original. In all honesty, I also love the new Chanel Inimitable, but it doesn't come in bright blue or green or purple, so I was anxious to try this one out. It doesn't give as much volume as the original (I don't really need THAT much volume either), but boy does it elongate, curl and separate! I love the little brush, and it's not as dry as the original Diorshow. Therefore, I hope I won't have to buy a new tube every 2 months. My lashes look almost like they're fake. I love it and it's now my HG mascara. As I said, the only one that can measure up (if not better) as the new Chanel formula, but their colours are boring and uninteresting.

on 11/9/2006 5:33:00 PM

I have used the original Diorshow but isn't the one for me.
I tried the Diorshow Unlimited mascara which doesn't clump my eyelashes together yet it elongates my straight eyelashes and curls them istantly. It's as though you have perfectly curled your eyelashes before applying the mascara. However, I don't know the effects of this mascara when using an eyelash curler because I haven't tried it yet but it must be amazing!!!

A total good one!

on 10/20/2006 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I love love love this mascara. I have previously been a DiorShow devotee but found it dried out my lashes badly. In comparison, Unlimited gives me more length and more separation than the original formulae, but the original gives me more volume. For me Unlimited is the perfect HG marriage between DiorShow original and YSL Faux Cils. And I should add that I find the Unlimited brush much easier to work with than the original, I LOVE the curve. There is a pic of me wearing it in my profile. Kisses.

on 9/16/2006 3:57:00 PM

I had been searching for a good lengthening mascrara and I think this is my HG. I didn't like the original Diorshow because my lashes have plenty of thickness and volume naturally-and I am not a fan of the huge brush craze. Ugh. The tiny brush is perfect and lends buildable length with minimal clumps. I also like the slim tube. For what it does, I don't mind paying 20 dolars for it. I'll definitely stick with this for a long time.

I love this mascara. I have always loved Diorshow, but the idea that this was more lengthening really made me want to try it. the brush is smaller and the formula is wetter, but you get the exact same results as you would with Diorshow, just with more length. this is exactly what I needed and I can't believe how amazing my lashes look.

on 8/22/2006 9:12:00 PM

Liked the original DiorShow, but was not a fan of the brush. The one that comes with Unlimited is awesome. I am a big fan!

I saw this mascara at Sephora on Wednesday. I wasn't in the market for a mascara (just bought Shu's Precise Volume a couple weeks ago), but this was released with the new Dior fall stuff, so I thought I would check it out. I am such a mascara junkie and have literally tried any mascara I can get my hands on.

It comes in a tube similar to the regular DiorShow (ie. round black plastic with silver lettering, and a silver top), except this tube is superskinny, unlike the superfat regular DiorShow. It is also the same price (about $23USD).

It doesn't volumize as much as the DiorShow (I know that some people complain about DS being clumpy), so the formula is not as thick. The brush looks like the one from Revlon Luxurious Lengths, where one side is flat, and the other is curved. It's pretty ingenious because I think you're supposed to be able to add volume with the flat side and then really lengthen with the curved side. *shrugs* Who knows?

What I do know is that it works really well! In one coat, it plumped up my lashes and added length to them. In two coats, I had really pretty lashes, all fluffy -- and there definitely was lengthening. And, it actually held my Shu curler-induced curl, and there was no flaking at all.

Long story short, if you found the regular DS a bit too thick for you, or the brush too hard to maneuver, check this one out! I will update if this mascara starts underperforming!

P.S. This blows Chanel Extracils right out of the water! continued >>