Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

Aphogee  Intensive Keratin Reconstructor
Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

4.4

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Behenamidopropylamine Behenatem Stearolkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocodimonium Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolzed Mucopolysac Charides, Sodium Coco Collagen Amino Acids, Wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Squalane, Avocado Oil, Acetimide MEA, Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sulfur, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 10, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium, Chloride Phosphate, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Nonoxynol 10, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 7/25/2008 11:23:00 PM

I love this product. I always use Aveda Damage Remedy when my hair gets dry and damaged, but this works every bit as good and for a lot less money. I shampoo with the aphogee shampoo for damaged hair, put this on after while in the shower and leave on for about 5 minutes or so while I shave and wash and then I rinse out. My hair feels so nice when I use this. It isn't recommended to use daily, but I wish I could because my hair is always so nice on the days that I use this. I will definitely purchase this again.

on 6/23/2008 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Awesome Product I love it, makes your hair soft silkysmooth. I like this product and I will so buy again... you should try it if you cant find anything that does wonders I tried everything and this worked right away try it as the 2 min conditioner after doing the damage treatment with damp hair.. Good luck!!!!

on 4/25/2008 12:34:00 PM

I love how this makes my hair feel. I have thin, wavy hair that I dye blonde every 5 weeks and it was starting to show. I started using this last week and I can already see a difference.

on 2/14/2008 9:32:00 PM

All I can say is WOW! I bought this product because of a recommendation of a Sally's clerk. This stuff is truly amazing! I couldn't grow out my hair, no matter how much I tried. I color and blow-dry my hair, that the ends would break and I couldn't grow it past my shoulders, no matter what I tried. Until I discovered this product and my hair is past my shoulders on its way to my mid back!!! This product worked wonders, as I noticed a difference from the first use. My hair loves, loves, loves this reconstructor. Before, I used to have thick, frizzy, damaged, thinning, hair with split ends. This got rid of the frizz, left my hair thick, soft, shiny and bouncy. Even my hairdresser recently told a friend of mine who visits the same salon how my hair is so thick and healthy! I almost fainted when I heard that, out of the mouth of my own hairdresser!!!

on 1/31/2008 8:11:00 AM

A pretty good protein treatment. Not nearly as intensive as the original Aphogee treatment, but still excellent for repairing and maintaining healthy hair. Has a pleasant coconut smell. I leave this on for about 5 minutes after shampooing while I shave. It reconstructs and softens in one step, but I usually use a deep conditioner afterwards. Good stuff - would rebuy.

on 1/4/2008 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

This product makes my hair super strong. I use it about every other wash, and I know that since using it, it has really strengthened my weak, relaxed strands. Wish they made a daily moisturizer that did the same thing. Definitely a staple. Smells like coconuts.

on 11/24/2007 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Like the other reviewers said, this is a fast, cheap, and effective treatment if you are experiencing some minor hair damage. I use it to protect my hair from getting any breakage when I style it. It has some protein in it, so if your hair cannot tolerate prtoein, than this is not for you. I left mine in for a couple of mintutes, making sure to maasage the product in. My feels soft and looks less frizzy. I found mine at Sally's for less than eight bucks.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this for a while. This product is really great if you have damaged hair, but not enough to use the damage treatment product (and I don't suggest using that until you know your hair is in some serious trouble). I have curly, thick, frizzy, dry hair. It was brittle and I knew it needed something. I use this by washing my hair then I put this on for 5 minutes and comb through. There's an immediate difference for me, but since I know my hair needs moisture I follow this with a deep conditioner that doesn't have a lot of protein in it. I do this once a week. I've tried the imitation joico protein treatment and a couple other protein things, but this is great,effective, and not expensive.

on 6/1/2007 6:02:00 PM

This is a good deep conditioner, but it's not as amazing as ApHogee's "treatment for damaged hair." It makes your hair soft, but it doesn't seem to repair the damage like the other product does. If your hair is really breaking and splitting, I'd recommend using the other treatment, then using a moisturizing treatment; if it's not too serious, the keratin reconstructor is cheaper, quicker, and MUCH easier to use. It smells much better and actually moisturizes in the same step! I don't think I'll buy this one again, but I'd still recommend this if you don't want to deal with the hardcore damaged-hair treatment.

(BTW, I think they have changed the name of the other one - it is now called "two-step protein treatment.)

I bought this on a recommendation from the Boards. My hair is very brittle, dry, and over-processed. I cant even run a comb through my hair without it breaking. So I was told this is a miracle in a bottle.....Works great, but no miracle. My hair is more moisturized, and softer, looks a little less fried. It definetely works better than the Pureology Reconstructor which literally dried my hair to straw. I used this with heat and with the shampoo and moisturizer that comes with the set. Ill keep this updated as I use it throughout the weeks for a weekly reconstructor.