Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

NC25/C3, EDM Winged butter/Butter Tan

First of i love EDM. Thats saying a lot, because I usually hate MU in loose form. I have extremely oily skin and is acne-prone, so when I purchase EDM, I usually get 2 matte and 1 intensive, for intensive take more effort to buff in than matte. Im MAC NC25/C3 asian skintone, my neck is on yellowish side, but my face is reddish, so I love MU that are yellow based. My primary color is Winged Butter-which is really yellow based. I also get Buttered Tan, which is i'll say about MAC NC30~35ish, and Golden-Light (about NC20~25ish) and mix them with Winged Butter adjusting to my color= HG perfect color.
I was first introduced to EDM last October, and already bought 2 Super Kit, which you can custom make your own kit 12 for $50, AWESOME deal :) EDM recently did renovation on their packaging, and they went all white from brown and green, which I love :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I've been an EM user (as I like to call it or EDM) for almost 2 yrs now. I have tried all the formulas and find the intensive and matte formula to be the best as far as coverage. When I first started with EM I went with original glo which broke me out immediately after one use. I change my skincare quiet often the past 2 years so I didn't think EM broke me out with the other formulas. I also thought it might be hormonal or the new birth controls I was using that caused the constant breakouts. At the time I found Mario Badescu skincare line samples working quiet well to fight my breakouts. Once I ran out of the samples and some full sizes I noticed my acne coming back in full force :( I was unsure of what was causing the breakouts as I've been to the gyno constantly changing bc and going to the derma getting new treatments. Finally I decided to stop using my EM after 2 years to see if the breakouts will clear up... and they did! I'm not sure what ingredient(s) in it that caused my constant breakouts, but I noticed all mineral foundations break me out no matter what brand. I loved not having to use liquid foundation for awhile, but now that I'm back on it I have less and less breakouts. My skin is actually clearer. I'm also on a solid skincare now - organics which has been treating my skin so well! My skin has never looked this good - ever!

EM is great, but don't make the same mistake I did by testing it out with new skincare products. Stick with your routine skincare while testing this out. I never thought I was one of the many who breaks out from EM, but after 2 years of struggling with my skin EM was the culprit :(

on 5/26/2009 2:34:00 AM

I ordered this formula on my second buy. I have to agree to many of you that this formula is very special. It gives medium coverage straight from first application (with their Flat-top brush), but it looked almost creamy-as if I had on liquid foundation. It is going to be my favourite after the semi-mate formulation

on 5/16/2009 9:14:00 PM

I like this, however it doesn't apply as nice as I would like it to be, I will continue looking. I bought the $34 custom kit, after taxes, shipping, and customs fee because i live in canada it actually doubled the original price I think i ended up paying 60 bucks for the kit. I bought 2 intensive large mineral foundation, 2 pressed powders and 2 brushes. I am fair skinned and am currently using winged butter, I like the pressed powder more. personally, I don't think it has much staying power I reapply every 3 hours and it does turn a little cakey after the 2nd,3rd application. Otherwise I don't think it really breaks me out

on 5/12/2009 11:11:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This foundation is lightweight, provides good coverage, and is easy to apply with their flat top kabuki brush (which is the best brush ever!). There's a vast selection of colors and lucky for me golden medium was almost the perfect match. I also purchased winged butter and warm buttered tan. When I mix golden medium and winged butter, it's a perfect match for my skin. I will add the warm buttered tan as my skin gets tanner during the summer. It's great that you get free samples (you have to pay for shipping, though), because you can play around to find your true match.

on 5/12/2009 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in a darker shade because I bought a lighter shade from Lumiere. I apply EDM first then the Lumiere and these two seem to give me my perfect match. No complains because they donít break me out and I love the coverage. Controls my oiliness for a good 3 hours but then again I don't expect it to coz my face can get quite oily, that's what blotters are for :)

on 5/11/2009 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got a kit of the intensive and the matte. And I like the Intensive one soooo much better. To start off with -- those who may not like the product may be applying it wrong .. read the steps that I use, it may help you ;)

-First I wash/moisturize my skin
-Use a kabuki brush to apply and BLEND!! Start off with a little and build it up (I use my Sonia Kashuk flat top brush in those places where I need extra coverage or specific places to buff out)
-This is the most important step for mineral makeup .. (well for me it is at least) Set it with a silicone powder!!! (I.E. MUFE's silicone powder or coastal scents! ) I've found that if I don't set it with this, my face will start sliding and turning extremely oily with any type of mineral foundations I use.

Brushes are really important and will enchance your mineral makeup ... I learned that the hard way lol.

Really really like the coverage with this foundation. I was so skeptical that it wouldn't cover sh*t b/c it's a powder foundation..I am an avid believer on liquid...so this really surprised me. As for oil control...as I mentioned above you HAVE to set it .. I have really oily skin and ... it turns nasty after an hour. I love the idea of having a medium/full coverage MINERal makeup .. vs. MAC's studio fix. Trust me I have such uneven skintone--redness, acne scars, freckles, etc etc. this thing will even it out! Really enjoy this product & will be updating for a more accurate/long use review ;)

on 5/10/2009 12:46:00 AM

I've been using this product for about 3 weeks now. When I first used everyday minerals I instantly fell in love with the the coverage, look, and feel of it. Now that it's getting warmer here in CA I've noticed that this formula makes me look really oily through out the day. I have to powder my face constantly and it feels very heavy. My skin is normal to oily but usually more on the oily side in the summer. I really like the airbrush look that this product gives me so I might try the semi matte formula to see how that works for me.

on 5/7/2009 2:11:00 AM

I LOVE this product. It is my saving grace for my skin! Controlled my oil production, no clogges pores, extremly affordable, lasts forever, well pigmented, perfect match to my skin tone and looks fantastic. I would recommend this product to anyone and everyone (for my NC40 skin Olive family suits me best).

on 5/4/2009 12:04:00 PM

This is great stuff.

I used Everyday Minerals in Intensive and Semi-matte. Either works for me. Intensive offers a coverage that is buildable to full. The only con is that there are so many shades, you may have to try a bunch to find the right one. It took me about 5 tries.... yes, I really wanted it to work. Luckily the perfect shade, Medium Beige Neutral (beige) is perfect!!

I used BE for a while and it matched my skin. Unfortunately it was pricey and wasnt perfect. If I sweat, I would itch. With Everyday Minerals, no itch!