Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the intensive formula. I have acne-prone combo skin so I tend to get oily with liquid and pressed foundations but intensive keeps my face matte for the longest time! There is still shine (in photos) but there's not as much oil when I use my finger to wipe my face (actually, my friend did it..). The only problem I have is picking the right shade. I've gone through more than 10 shades and have yet to hit the right one. I wish EDM had stores ):. Also, my skin is pretty sensitive so I tend to break out easily with cosmetics, but I barely break out with EDM<3 love love love! And even if I do break out it'll be small, not like those nasty cystic ones that I'd get from liquid.

Edit: Even though this is supposed to be the heaviest coverage, it is still way too light in terms of covering acne scars/acne/troubled spots. I don't wear this very often so I'm not sure if it would make me break out all the time but I'd prefer something with more coverage.

2nd edit: THIS MAKES ME BREAK OUT. I love this foundation so much, it is seriously the best foundation I've ever tried that gave me such a natural finish but it breaks me out so I'm going to have to change it to 3 lippies..

3rd edit 10/20/11 (new formula): Dear EDM, I love you to death. Your new formula is awesome, but I'm devastated that you took out my shade-winged butter from the new IT line. I NEED INTENSIVE COVERAGE. The new formula didn't break me out and gives me a super natural finish, but I still get a little oily at the end of the day. It is still the best foundation I've ever tried, hands down. I recently ventured out and tried Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra and Chanel's Vitalamere Aqua and with Lancome you could obviously tell I was wearing makeup and I never got the right shade. Granted, it's the only liquid foundation that's kept my oil at bay for more than 2-3 hours, but it still got oily.. and Chanel's just gave me little tiny bumps around my jaw. I was going to try Chanel's perfection lumiere, but no, EDM for the win.

Please put winged butter onto your IT base line!

Changed my rating from 3 to 5. Keep up the good work (:

on 8/6/2009 1:18:00 AM

Combo/dry/acne skin: I was excited to try out this product and I didn't even bother to try the samples. I got three different shades and found one close to my skin tone. At first I thought it looked too cakey but later as it settles on my skin, I had a flawless, natural look which I like. But sadly as I thought that this would be the one, it broke me out at the end of the day. I thought it was something else, like my face wash, but when i stopped using EDM for a week, my skin cleared and so when I thought I would give EDM another try to see if it was really the main thing to cause my breakouts, boy was I right.
This product is not good for some acne prone skin types.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I've been using it for about 3 years now.
I have very oily skin, not a whole lot of other 'problems' to cover though. Occasionally I will get a pimple around that time of the month, but nothing really serious.
I do get kind of red and blotchy though and this makeup really helps that. My skin is sensitive and I get no clogged pores, no itchy feeling like with Bare E. and my skin feels good - not gunked up.
My pores are also rather large and this foundation really minimizes that for me as well.
I love the price also!

***One caveat - I find that powder minerals tend to be a bit messy. That is the only real issue I have with it.

on 7/27/2009 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love the options we get, the intensity, the various color pallets to choose from. I've got extremely oily skin, it didn't help very well with that BUT my makeup does stay on all day. With a little help from their blotting sheets, I am good to go!

I am very disappointed with this product. I ordered six different foundation samples with the free sample kits. Unfortunately not one of them covered my skin well. I don't think I have bad skin in my 20s - a little rodness, a few pimples every now and then - and still my skin looked as if I had no coverage at all when I piled it on - every little flaw and imperfection was obvious. It was terrible - and even the intensive coverage didn't cover at all. The last think I want to do is to look like I have terrible skin when I leave the house. I used bare escentuals and the bismuth makes my skin itch, so I am looking for an alternative. Still, to give it credit the bare escentuals covers way better than everyday minerals - and I look like I have clear skin when I wear it. I only give EM 2 stars because they have a wide range of colors, free samples, and truly natural formulas! I really wanted to find a shade that worked for me but with no effect I will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Great product!!! Great coverage, Great price, Good colors. Better than Bare minerals and any drug store mineral foundation. I'm in love...

on 7/12/2009 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been very happy with the original glo formula from EM, but awhile back when I was still searching for my ideal shade, I decided to throw a container of the intensive formula into my sample order. The reason I didn't really give it a thought was because I thought it would be drying to my skin, particularly after I had a negative experience with the semi matte formula. I took a chance and pulled this out when the weather started becoming warmer. I used it on its own, and even mixed it with my sunscreen lotion to make a custom tinted moisturizer, and it worked really well both ways. It is more mattifying for my now oilier face, holds up well in the warmer weather, and it does not look chalky at all. I've found my ideal summer foundation formula.

on 7/12/2009 12:29:00 AM

I have acne scars, and I found this foundation to have REALLY good coverage (and I've tried a lot of stuff out there, from drugstore to higher end products). To get a really good and even coverage I like to mix this with moisturizer to make a liquid foundation. I use my foundation brush to apply it, then dust some more (powder form) all over with a skunk brush for a made up, flawless look.

on 7/7/2009 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i guess mmu is just not my thing. i've used most of the foundation formulas from everyday minerals and none of them worked for me. i'm always experiencing a dilemma with this mmu. if i only apply 1-2 layers, there's virtually no coverage. if i want more coverage, it gets so cakey & powdery and ages me so horribly. even if i only do 1 layer, the mmu somehow "texturizes" my skin and makes it look worse than my skin with nothing on. i just don't achieve the same flawless dewy finish as I do with liquids and tm's.

on 6/23/2009 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

All the formulas are good, I've used matte, semi-matte and intensive, all of them work as well as the others