Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation  [DISCONTINUED]
Everyday Minerals - Intensive Formula Medium Beige

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

I'm another EM convert! I highly recommend getting the sample pack and trying multiple formulas of foundation. I decided the Intensive was the one for me -- the matte was too flat/dry a finish, but semi-matte had terrible staying power on my skin. Intensive has a finish with some life/glow in it, lasts quite well, and is buildable to good coverage (especially if you use a sponge on trouble areas). Note that shades appear somewhat darker in Intensive, so if a shade seems a hair too light for you in another formula, try it again in Intensive before jumping up a shade level. For colour-matching reference, I used to use MAC Studio Fix in NW15 (however, it was too pink for me, while NC15 was much too dark and yellow); now I wear EM Intensive in neutral Fair.

on 5/14/2007 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

From all the mineral makeup products I've tried, I've used everyday minerals the longest! It is very reasonably priced, and I love the fact that they offer free samples, so that you can find the colors you need! I won't use anything else! They are always adding new products as well. I like the intensive blend because it appears to cover the best and last longer than the semi-matte or matte. I haven't used original glo. It's also an ayurvedic formula.

on 5/2/2007 5:10:00 PM

I don't know how they do it, but this stuff gives you a flawless look that doesn't look artificial. I prefer the no-makeup fresh-faced dewy look that I get from Original Glo, but if I wanted to look polished I could use Intensive. It's pretty great, just not my style.

on 4/17/2007 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I will not wear anthing but this from now on. The coverage is as good for me as MAC studio fix without looking like a hooker, it lasts all day, if I fallasleep with it on I don't have breakouts or look haggard the next day. I didn't like it at first because all loose mineral powders tend to make me look a bit old and dried-out. However my secret is applying a tiny amount of Avon Anew Line & Wrinkle Corrector under my moisturizer and being sure to let them soak into my skin for a good 20 minutes at least before applying this. Nobody neilieves me when I tell them my age (32). I just had a baby recently and I had started wearing this at about 6 months pregnant. EVERYONE said I was glowing after I started wearing this. They would all be very suprised to see me without it, lol. Great price and customer service, too.

on 3/18/2007 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I discovered this product & the ability to oder free samples, through the good reviews on this message board and decided to give it a try. This product is genius. It gives my skin a healthy glow, covers all my scars redness & pigmentation and keeps the oil at bay all day!! (although I think this factor also depends on the moisturiser you use underneath. I'm using Sothys Active Creame - based on recommendations from this site again - which is also AMAZING!) I find this to be a much more superior product than BE - in terms of coverage, finish, colour range & suitability.

on 2/4/2007 3:05:00 AM

Overall one of the better mineral makeups out there, I wish the packaging
was more user frienly, it gets all over everything when applying. It leaves a
more matte look than BE and better coverage too.

I have tried all the EM formulas. My fav is semi matte.

The intensive was too matte for me, and looked chalky.
If you are looking for full coverage, this might be for you, but I favor a lighter and dewy look.

OK, I admit it. I didn't think I would like this. Having been a Bare Escentuals devotee, and trying Alima, Jane Iredale, L'oreal, Physician's Formula and so many other MMUs I thought I'd stick with BE.

I tried the EM formulas SEMI-MATTE and MATTE before and did not like them at all. I am glad that I gave this one a chance.

Golden Fair is a perfect match for me. I never had a perfect one in BE. In fact, I always had to buy 2 and mix them together. This shade is PERFECT. The finish is PERFECT. I hate the look of foundation. I do not want anything to look unnatural or mask-like. EM's Intensive formula accomplishes this. It lasts all day, creating a naturally airbrushed look. It does not accentuate any fine lines or pores. It remains in place all day and my skin feels silky. I have pretty dry skin and, unlike what my BE was starting to do this winter, it doesn't cause any flakiness.
I am thrilled that I am saving so much money and loving the products! continued >>

on 1/17/2007 3:14:00 PM

This stuff covers so well!!! It feels light as air, does not take much product AT ALL and covers beautifully without settling into fine lines. It is really great for the area around the nose and under the eyes. It lasts and lasts and lasts. I am very pale so I NEED a great concealer/foundation. This serves both purposes and feels sooo good! I admit, I am lazy at 11:00 o'clock at night when going to bed. I religiously brush my teeth, but I am not about to take the time necessary to wash my fash and apply moisturizer. With EM, I don't feel so guilty anymore. This makeup feels like I'm not wearing anything at all on my face, and it is all natural so sleeping with it on is just fine by me. Finally, an affordable, HIGH quality makeup that lives up to the hype!!! Go EM!

on 12/29/2006 1:06:00 AM

I am no mineral makeup expert (having only just started trying samples from various brands)... and I really wanted to like Everyday Minerals because I wanted to use something with the least amount of chemicals and EM's prices are so fantastic when compared to other brands.

Frankly, I was at first frustrated with the over-powdery, drying effects of buffing on powdered makeup. Tiny lines appeared on my cheeks and under my eyes, my pores looked huge. It was also really really difficult to find my perfect shade... EM offers so many options and the four shades I sampled were SO CLOSE.

Then I read online about applying mineral foundations with a DAMP Foundation brush and... WOW. This made all the difference! My skin feels smoother and silkier and looks great. I found that the Intensive formula does offer much beter coverage than the Semi-Matte. (I personally don't like the matte look.) EM's Foundations are also finer and softer than other brands I tried.

Just ordered a custom kit with 2 Foundations, 5 eye colors, 3 blushes, a concealer, Translucent powder and 2 makeup brushes for under $50!

**Update/Two weeks later: I am not crazy about the coverage especially on bad skin days. And I'm breaking out!!! Which is a pity because I really want to like EDM.