Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Everyday Minerals - Intensive Formula Medium Beige

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this mineral foundation for over a year now and am very pleased with it. It looks far more natural than any liquid foundation I've ever used and the shade selection is extensive. I have an oily t zone and this doesn't control it alone so I definitely have to use finishing powder and blotting sheets to stay matte, especially in the summer months.
Now for the downside, I'm acne prone and my skin seriously purged for the first several months I used this foundation. I hung in there and continued with it simply because I hadn't found a better alternative. After a few months, the breakouts stopped and now my skin looks the best it's looked in years. I rarely get a breakout, and when I do it's minor. The only explanation I could come up with is that I had been using pore clogging liquid foundation for years and once I stopped my pores started ejecting all the built up junk. I'm very glad I hung in there with this foundation. I'm now a devoted user.

on 5/8/2008 2:51:00 PM

I've only bought the samples. The prices are really good. I'm not sure I will actually buy a full size, though. It's okay but the coverage isn't as "full" or creamy as I had expected it to be. It really doesn't cover at all if applied dry. I use a kabuki brush spritzed with water and apply it wet - it gives fuller coverage then. Really, the only coverage with powder mineral makeup I have ever liked was with Leza Gibbons' Sheer Cover. But you can't order that individually online so I've been searching for something comparable and less costly. Guess I'll keep looking.... :(

on 5/2/2008 12:46:00 PM

i havent really been using this as an allover foundation but as a spot cover, which it is absolutely wonderful for. It covers redness very well for me when applied with a bm concealer brush over reddened areas post blemish. I use this on spots and follow with a liquid found. if there is still redness showing after the liq., i use this again to spot cover. this is def. my hg concealer for red marks.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I wish I could get behind this product like everyone else has. Iíve now tried 2 sample packs of various foundations and colors and must say I have been disappointed. I do have oily skin in the t-zone and found that this foundation started to get cakey around my nose and chin within an hour. The coverage seemed to fade very quickly as well. I will not be a repeat customer of this product. Also the sample size containers are so small it's almost impossible to get the product out. On the plus side I do commend everyday minerals on offering sample sizes Ė so we donít have to waste our money on a full size.

on 4/17/2008 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It does have a nice finish and seems to last well, but not for oily noses--I used a primer but not a moisturizer, but this stuff seemed to pull all the oil out of my face in one fell swoop, w/in a matter of 2-3 hours.

Plus the packaging on the samples is total crap--the sifter top doesn't let anything thru at all, so had to break a nail opening it, and then got powder all over my sink.

UPDATE: not wearing anymore because really makes me look like a greaseball, even in cooler weather.

A lot of hype, but makes my skin worse. I have normal, non-oily, really good skin. This constantly breaks me out (and I never get zits). I'll quit it for awhile and then try it again and it still breaks me out...big horrible zits that scar for awhile and take a long time to go away. Yes, I'm doing the application right. If it wasn't for that, It is a great makeup with awesome coverage and great ingredients. I don't know why my skin will take thick, oily, chemical-laden liquid foundations without problems then break out when I try something natural: who knows! But I wasted a lot of money...buying this stuff. I'll pass it on to my sister or something.

on 3/28/2008 8:17:00 PM

This stuff is awesome. You can't even tell I'm wearing makeup. My only complaint is that it is messy and gets all over the bathroom and spills in my purse, but all mineral makeup does this. BE made me break out in hives, but this is smooth and I've had no problems. The Intensive is the best formula for me. The Original Glo is too shiny and the Matte is too ... matte. Semi-Matte is OK but the Intensive covers my rosacea. Excellent stuff!

on 3/18/2008 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been using the intensive formula in Golden fair for some time now and was happy with it. It covers extremely well, giving a creamy finish I love. Actually it covers so well, that I often use it as concealer for blemishes and dark shadows as well. The staying power on me is not impressive though, especially on my sweating nose it only lasts half a day. And my front becomes oily as well after half a day. Recently I decided to reinvestigate my choice of formula and shade (Golden fair might be a tad too ligh for me, altough this kind of compensates the Tinted silk dust being a bit dark). I tried again the matte formula which might seem the logical choice for my oily skin. The matte definitely has less coverage and it does not control oil better...it is easier to apply though, being less creamy it doesn't cake. So even if it doesn't give the nice creamy finish of the intensive it might still be a good choice for good skin days and when I'm in a rush. I will probably use the full size Intensive golden fair I just reordered, but I will also order some other shades and I am tempted to try Alima's foundation and retry the Lily Lolo's. I am hoping for more staying power, but maybe staying power on a sweaty nose is just too much to ask for.

on 3/14/2008 12:53:00 PM

This formula breaks me out the first time I used it. Coverage is very good, but my skin hates it. Would not try this formula again.

on 3/10/2008 10:55:00 PM

I had been using Bare Escentuals (Bare Minerals, BE) for four years, but I'm happy to report that I will not be buying it again! There were many things that I really did not like about BE, but I felt like I had no other choice, if I wanted mineral makeup.

First off, I use the medium beige color in BE, but it did not really match my skin that well. I just felt like BE did not have any color choices for people with yellow undertones. Second, BE often made my skin feel very itchy and dry. Third, even with mineral veil (which is another item I am not fond of...see my review), I felt like the makeup did not stay very well. Especially when I travelled to dryer places like Las Vegas, my skin would feel so dry, and my makeup didn't seem to blend into my skin at all.

Well, now that I have discovered Everyday Minerals, it's over, BE! I found out about EM through this website, and I gave it a try right away! Afterall, it has free samples, and it is about half of the cost of BE. So I thought...why not?

EM seems to address all of the issues I mentioned above. There are 24 shades of EM compared 12 of BE. It has many colors that work great for people with yellow undertones! (I am using the Light Olive intensive foundation with Natural Reflection Medium Bronzer finishing powder.) It even has a very comprehensive website that helps you to choose your color. Second, EM does NOT contain Bismuth Oxychloride which is a cheap filler that BE uses. I've done a little research, and apparently, this is the ingredient that causes many people the itchiness. This is also the ingredient that causes the sheen. Some people like this look, but others don't. (If you like the sheen, you should try the Bobbi Brown Shimmber Brick. I love it!) Third, EM has various choices in terms of coverage. I am using the intensive foundation right now with the finishing powder, and it looks great even at the end of the day. With BE, by the end of the day, it looked like I had no makeup on.

By the way, I was very impressed with EM's service. I ordered it one night, and within 3 days, I received my order. I still had BE left, but I didn't even want to wait til I was finished with it to start using EM. I have not gone back since! The packaging of EM is much slimmer...this is great for travel (unlike the BE packaging) but also, a little bit messier.

Anyway, I'm very glad that I found better colors and better coverage that is better for my skin for a cheaper price! Goodbye BE!