Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 3/10/2009 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I ordered 2 sample kits to try and find the right color and formula. So far I like the intensive. It has great coverage. I'm pretty sure the olive-golden medium is my match. I want to order this color in all the formulas so I can change what coverage I need for the day. For the price this is a steal. I am also using Bare Minerals, which I love. The only thing is that there is only one formula. I like my options. I like to rotate between my fave powders.
I am having a baby in May so EDM is a great alternative to save $$ for a while. This makeup line is a must have for the budget-conscious without skimping on quality.

on 11/11/2008 9:21:00 PM

Great coverage - I use mine as a concealer. The intensive formula has more color choices, which makes it easier to blend. I am using the Golden Fair right now, but might go to sunlight as winter progresses.

on 11/4/2008 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in Light and it is a perfect match on days when I want a slightly peachier/ warmer finish. (My other perfect match is Winged Butter Semi Matte). Coverage is slightly heavier than Semi Matte - like what I get from liquid foundation. Finish is still creamy though and wears very well - can handle a 16-hour work day or 10-hour day outdoors in humid weather. Love this :D

on 10/6/2008 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love EDM foundation in intensive. It normally gives me the coverage I need to get an even teint without looking like painted. This wasn't like that from the beginning, I had to learn that specially with this formula, "less is more" - too many layers will look awful after a while. Now that I got the trick I don't want to go out without it. Besides that they do have so many shades so you'll definitly find one fitting for you.
The only downfall of this product is the packaging for the big jar version, it is impossible to NOT create a mess. I hope the new packages, which will be realsed soon, will deal with this.

I've used EDM for about 2 years, tried all 4 formulas and 10+ shades, finished a full size foundation... so it's time for a review.

pros:

1, does not break me out. In the past, i could not wear foundation in a row for more than 4 days. if i did, i'd break out badly, no matter the foundation is liquid, powder, or oil free. But EDM has not broken me out, even when i wear it 7 days a week, more than 10 hours a day. This is the primary reason for me being hooked by EDM for 2 years.

2, nice coverage, especially the intensive formula. Compare to Alimay( which I also like btw) , EDM intensive has better coverage. I also like the fact that the coverage is very adjustable.

3, natural finish when applied properly. most of the time, others cannot tell i'm wearing foundation. how cool is that.

4, easy to blend, which makes applying blushes and contouring truly simple.

5, affordable.

cons:

1. not lasting, especially for oily( or very oily) skin. After 3 or 4 hours, the powder will float on top of my facial oil, or even turn into some horrible paste. need to be very careful and blot many times a day. This is happens not only to intensive formula but to matte formula as well. Sometimes I'd mix the intensive EDM with the blot powder by MAC. it helps, but not that much.

2, color turns darker in the middle of the day.

3, hard to touch up. After blotting 2 or 3 times, I'll barely have any coverage in my t-zone, so need to reapply a bit powder. but somehow, the result of reapplying is very cakey and uneven. I do not have this problem with other products, so i think it's because of EDM.

4, the finish is natural, as i said, but somehow not that smooth or dewy.

5, not travel friendly. For full size product, putting a sponge inside the jar will help preventing powder coming out during traveling. But even with tricks like this, mineral makeups are still messy and inconvenient on the road.

Overall: for $12, it's great. although i've recently found my new HG, i'll keep an EDM intensive in my drawer, just in case. ;-D

a very good product, especially for the price! and a buffet of shades. i tried the original, semi-matte, and intensive formulations in Light, and this one seems to give the best coverage while allowing for a bit of natural glow. it actually seems to look better as the day goes on. i also use it as a spot concealer, and find the separate concealer powder redundant. it's true that the formulations seem to differ in color even though it's the same shade -- good thing the website offers samples! for some reason i do notice really tiny bumps (kind of like milia) that develop on my chin whenever i use this foundation for a couple of weeks, which then clear up when i use BE. i would have thought the opposite since BE has more potential allergens. still not sure why this is as i generally have pretty decent skin without too much sensitivity.

on 8/4/2008 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is 100% better than Bare Minerals, which I used for years before I knew there were other mineral options out there. I learned about EM from the acne.org board and also learned that BM contains bismuth oxychloride which causes itching and breakouts in some people (me!). I like how you can build the coverage and that it comes in a gazillion shades. You just have to be patient and persistent in finding the right one. I settled on a blend of Olive Fair & Sandy Fair (with a touch of Fairly Light Neutral for summer).

on 7/18/2008 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Thank You Ladies! If it wasnt for you I woulnt have found this great company!I love this foundation.I am using beige sunkissed fair.This gives great coverage and feels good to.It doesnt have that horrid bismuth in it and gives a great finish.I have awful skin.Ive tried everything and this makes me feel comfortable leaving the house.The price is great and the free sample kit is awsome!It is worth a try! I have been at war with acne for 20 years now.I have spent thousands trying to cure it and cover it.At 35 im still at war with acne,acne scars ,and now wrinkles!There is no way I will ever have nice skin but this has helped me so much in feeling like I am pretty and that people arnt staring at the acne.And to me that is priceless!!!

on 7/11/2008 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found my oily skin still looked oily after a few hours but for me, that's normal. During lunch at work I put on a little more finishing powder and that does the trick. Its coverage is better than that of the Matte foundation, but if you buff too much it starts to look a little shiny(dewy). With oily skin, that's a look I'm trying to avoid if possible. Only downfall aside from getting a shine after buffing too much, is the shade. The Matte foundation is slightly LIGHTER than with the Intensive. Keep that in mind. During the winter when my skin is pretty pale my face color looked a shade too dark with the Intensive.
I have very sensitive skin and honestly at first I didn't react real great to EDM but after my skin got used to it and got all the other impurities out it was fine. I used Bare Minerals for about a year and always noticed my face felt itchy and irritated if I got really hot and/or started to sweat a little. A friend of mine who was also using it said something about it to me one day and we realized it had to be from the BM. That was the only thing we were doing differently(she had started using it about a month after me). I tried other brands but they were either too costly or I hated the smell enough to quit using it, then I saw the reviews for EDM here and decided to try it. I'm really glad I did. My skin feels so much better.
Now, is this mineral makeup a cure for acne prone/oily skin? No, I won't lie. However, I love the fact that I get decent coverage from this powder formula w/o all the chemical crap they put in liquids and other MMU. Check them out. I think all of the basic OTC brands have the Bismuth Oxychloride in them for the dewy look. If you like the dewy look you can try it in EDM with the Original Glo foundation, I think its called, but w/o the Bismuth!
The sample size is great. If you only use a light coverage it will last quite a while. I still haven't needed to buy the full size yet, but then again I'm trying to find my new tan foundation shade now so that's part of why its lasting so long.
Haven't tried the finishing powders yet. I'm leaning towards the tinted silk dust though for giggles. Love to say I'm wearing silk on my face.
Have a couple different blushes and so far just about all I really like. You don't need much. HONESTLY! put the SMALLEST amount in the lid and add to it if you need. I was quite surprised how much tint they hold. Sunday Brunch is my fave I think.
Hope this helps some of you. Remember this is just my reaction to this and other MMU. For the price of the samples though($3.26), I think its worth a try at least. Its all organic too for those interested.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The first couple of days I used this foundation, it was wonderful.It provided great coverage for my skin however after a couple of days I noticed that my cheek areas were becoming extremely dried out which is highly unusual for my skin since I have pretty oily skin.I wanted this formula to work for me so very badly because the prices are amazing, and the coverage is good...bummer! I suggest this to someone who has extremely oily skin because this formula will dry it up..it just will not work for me :(