Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 10/21/2009 3:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the bast mineral foundation I have found so far. The coverage is perfect for me (sheer to medium). It can be difficult to find your perfect shade though so make sure you order the free samples first. Love this brand of foundation.

on 9/27/2009 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

If you have cool undertones and the lightest shade at the drugstore may be too dark for you, try EDM Fair. I use the intensive formula to hide the effects of cystic acne.

Everyday Minerals Intensive foundation in "Fair" is almost my HG - and it perfectly compliments my HG EDM "Walkee Talkee" blush!

If only EDM offered a liquid version, since I fear inhaling all that powder!

Also, methinks the EDM powders might be overly reflective in photos, since, even when I wear the next deeper shade (which doesn't look good with Walkee Talkee), I always look ghostly in photos. So, I started wearing Cargo Blu Ray when I know photos might be taken in order to warm up my complexion. But EDM Fair is the best match for my skin hue in real life.

Plus, EDM makes it so easy to try and find the right shades and textures for you.

on 9/11/2009 5:25:00 PM

I acctually mix intensive and o-glo together to get my preferred foundation texture. The good thing with this brand is that it's cheap enough to buy what you need to mix whatever creations you want. Alone, intensive is too cakey, but when I add o-glow i still get great coverage with a little more slip. The foundation stays put pretty well and overall I really like it.

on 7/12/2009 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been very happy with the original glo formula from EM, but awhile back when I was still searching for my ideal shade, I decided to throw a container of the intensive formula into my sample order. The reason I didn't really give it a thought was because I thought it would be drying to my skin, particularly after I had a negative experience with the semi matte formula. I took a chance and pulled this out when the weather started becoming warmer. I used it on its own, and even mixed it with my sunscreen lotion to make a custom tinted moisturizer, and it worked really well both ways. It is more mattifying for my now oilier face, holds up well in the warmer weather, and it does not look chalky at all. I've found my ideal summer foundation formula.

on 7/6/2009 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This brand is my favorite that I've tried to date. I've used BE,and Sheer Cover. BE made my face itch, and I could not find my exact skin match with Sheer Cover. The price is also way better then the other two I've tried. I'm sticking to this brand for now.

on 5/26/2009 2:34:00 AM

I ordered this formula on my second buy. I have to agree to many of you that this formula is very special. It gives medium coverage straight from first application (with their Flat-top brush), but it looked almost creamy-as if I had on liquid foundation. It is going to be my favourite after the semi-mate formulation

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love the opaqueness of the color, more coverage than BE & more matte, which is great for my oily skin. But it still doesn't last in hot/humid climates. It also itches like hell whenever I sweat.

on 5/1/2009 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i really like this foundation. my only complaint is that it shows EVERY enlarged pore on my face, so i have to use other products to combat that. this foundation is great for those days when you're in a hurry!!!

I have tried all of the EM formulas, and this is my favorite by far. I am 40 and have have dry/combo skin and rosacea, so I need at least medium coverage. The Intensive formula gives me the coverage I need with just a few shakes. I use the flat-top brush to apply, and it's perfect. The EM website has good application tips. I always lightly rub in the foundation with clean slightly-damp fingers afterwards as well, for the most natural look, then apply a finely-milled powder to set. Of the EM powders I like the kaolin the best - it controls oil and doesn't seem to dry out my cheeks (of course I apply very sparingly to dry areas).

I found the Matte formula too powdery, the Semi-matte cakey when I applied enough to get coverage, and the Original Glo too thin (more like a tinted moisturizer in terms of coverage). I was worried the Intensive would look fake, but it actually looks more natural than any of the others did because I need less. Plus I can use a concealer brush to apply this to any blemishes or areas that need more coverage, and it works as well as the concealer! This formula even mixes well with moisturizer (I use Clinique DDML) as an undereye concealer.

I find the finish of this formula also to be the most natural, as it has enough sheen to look like natural skin without being in any way dewy or shiny.

Because this formula is more intense, the color is slightly darker than in the other formulas. I can use the Beige Fairly Light in O-Glo but need the Sandy Fair in this (me: fair Mac NC/NW15).

on 4/16/2009 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this formula! Took a little trying to find the right shade, but that's ok since you can get the free sample kit. I have very oily skin and this lasts as good as anything else I have tried and spent more money on. The blushes are great, too. I don't think I'll be going back to BE unless I break out from this, in which case I will update this.

The flat top brush is WONDERFUL, ten times better than the BE brushes, so soft.

Try it!