Everyday Minerals Baby Kabuki Brush

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 7/4/2008 6:43:00 PM

A very soft brush at a resonable price but is very small (about 5cm tall). I bought it with the free samples, and its worked a dream- though I do intend on buying a bigger one in the future.
Well worth the money for its softness with good application.

on 7/4/2008 11:37:00 AM

itz abit on the small side but itz good for concealer application/buffer in the concealer on cheeks area ^^ very soft like all E.D brushes. love it

on 6/28/2008 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I personally really like this brush! I think the only reason people wouldn't is because it's really tiny, much smaller than other brands' kabukis. Then again, it IS called the "baby" kabuki so it's supposed to be miniature. It's super soft, like all of EDM's brushes. When I do my eye makeup, it tends to get all over the rest of my face so I use the baby kabuki to dust the excess off. It's perfect for that. For use on the rest of the face, I would recommend EDM's regular-sized kabuki brush. It's fab!

on 6/17/2008 9:04:00 PM

I got this as part of the set last year and barely started to use it last month. I agree that it is a great buffer because I prefer this to use with my blushes than the angled blush brush. I always got asked "why am I so tired?" and got tired of it last month and decided to try using my blushes more often, and I'm really glad I started to use this! One of my favorites for now because of how soft it is. However, after one wash, the lettering of EDM on the handle disappeared (only their symbol is there now) and some strands stick out... not sure if this is supposed to be the case for all brushes, but just wanted to write that here.

on 6/10/2008 9:48:00 PM

This brush is perfect for blush and concealer, I also use it for foundation and thing it's just perfect in size. It's my first kabuki and I'm trying it's bigger version next.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Still a good brush but NOT the place to buy it. EDM's customer service has reached an all time low I hope to never see again in my life.

OLD:Got this a few weeks ago and while I was a bit surprised at just how small it was, I now think it's perfect just the way it is. Unlike the old line of brushes, it does not shed and is very soft. I wouldn't want to try to apply foundation with it but for concealer on red, blotchy cheeks and chin, applying blush, buffing out lines between products and portability you just can't beat it. And the price is a steal. As soon as they get them back in stock I will be ordering a couple more. One for back up and one to keep in my make up bag with my sample sizes of foundation and finishing dust for quick, neat touch ups.

on 5/23/2008 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Very small, very tiny, takes forever to do my face (maybe my face is just too big, hahaha. But seriously, VERY SMALL BRUSH) but I guess that makes it a handy brush to bring along for touch-ups. It also fits well with the sample jars.

on 5/9/2008 4:23:00 PM

Very small, yes, but doesn't shed and is good for applying sample sizes. I still like the long-handled one better for broader coverage in less time.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I finally got this, as it had been backordered for several weeks. I have a baby buki from BE that I had used exclusively before, lost it and bought another to replace it and used the new one twice before getting this EDM baby buki. Well, BUH-BYE BE baby buki forever! I will never go near it agin. This EDM baby buki is just as soft as my long handled kabuki, but just a compact little version. Now-- the coverage and buffing power is not as great as with the LHK, because of the size...but this is perfect for my handbag and my little portable container with mineral foundation in it for touchups. Also- this brush is the perfect size for applying blush. I haven't tried the flat top brush yet, as it's in my next shipment, but I can already tell it's going to be a hit. EDM really scored big when they started carrying this line of brushes. I never experienced their older versions and I'm glad I didn't based on the reviews of the old products. Everyone who has even touched my EDM brushes have fallen in love with them. My daughter just swiped my last LHK and thank goodness I had a few hidden away for my emergency stash. Thinking back to my virginal introduction into the mineral makeup world, the first I ever tried was BE and their kabuki.....and talk about stiff and hard, like dragging a stiff broom across my face. Never again. If EDM stops carrying these brushes I think I will need professional counseling of some sort!

on 4/16/2008 6:01:00 PM

This review is for the new, synthetic Baby Kabuki.
This brush is just as soft as the rest of the new EM brushes. It's a lot more dense than the old sooshco baby kabukis that EM used to sell. The old ones were thin and flimsy, these are a lot more sturdy and very, very soft.
It's very small. About half the size of my thumb. Which makes it perfect for on-the-go touch ups! I use this with my MAC blot powder whenever I need to touch-up. I LOVE this brush. And the best part is it's only 6 dollars! I definitely recommend this.

Popular Makeup Brushes