Everyday Minerals Baby Kabuki Brush

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 12/4/2008 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a really tiny Kabuki Brush but it's supersoft on my sensitive skin, it fits in even the smallest purse and it's a great little brush for applying blush and for doing quick powder touch-ups! Small and cute. Won't repurchase though because I stopped using mmu.

on 11/5/2008 11:02:00 AM

Like my MAC188 did to the 187, this Baby-buki may just take the place of it's bigger daddy Kabuki brush in my makeup bag.... and for just $6!!

As long and thick as my stubby tiny thumb, this little guy is exceptionally SOFT (when it's clean I like to just absentmindedly buff it on my face just for fun... is that weird of me?)!

It is even more DENSELY PACKED than the Long Handle EDM Kabuki which really helps it pick up product and buff it nicely into the skin.

It fits into even the smallest travel bag which is great for my over stuffed purse and it HASN'T SHED even one hair since I got it.

It is a wee bit too small for a super quick application but if you've got the time for precision application this little beauty is there for you.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is basically a small scale version of the Long Handle Kabuki. It has all the same wonderful qualities of its big brother but it's compact size makes it useful for getting into the "nooks and crannies" like the under eye area or around the nostrils. I don't use this brush as frequently as my LHK or Flat Top Brush but I keep it handy in my makeup bag because it is useful for buffing/blending concealer. It is of course, very soft and durable like all EM's brushes. Worth purchasing!

on 10/14/2008 9:47:00 AM

Perfect soft brush for traveling or using some quick mineral foundation on.
It's very dense and the quality it's over the top!
I love my baby kabuki brush!

My *old* baby kabuki from EM was a piece of junk, but I really like the new baby kabuki. It's compact, but soft enough to use for all-over foundation application in my travel makeup bag. In fact, if I'm honest with myself, I get better, smoother coverage with this than with the new long-handled kabuki -- it just takes a few seconds longer. It's also really useful for undereye concealer. I think I'll buy a second one and make it my travel blush brush!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I absolutely LOVE this baby kabuki because it is super duper soft and large enough for my face. I just dust the EDM's silk powder on my face and it's done in a jiffy! It doesn't shed too much either, maybe 2 to 5 strands per wash and I've washed it for 4 times in 2 months already. Still in perfect condition! I love this!!!

on 8/23/2008 1:21:00 AM

I am tempted to buy a full size EM buki brush now, because I am in love with this cute lil' thing!! I use it mainly for blending my EM foundation/concealer around my eyes, sides of nose, and my chin.

This brush is so, so, so soft, and dense. I love just sweeping it across my eye area (kinda relaxing!). It will make a perfect travel companion on my flights to visit my family in England! That is one of the main reasons I bought it, as I didn't want to risk losing my MAC 182.

Edit to add: I had a baby buki brush from MAD minerals, and I threw it out because it felt like a BROOM compared to EM's.

on 8/11/2008 6:32:00 AM

This is a really small kabuki so before you order it you should realise that it's not meant to replace a regular sized one. I got it to use it with my mineral blushes and I absolutely love it. It's amazingly soft and feels perfect on my skin. One of the few occasions where the quality is superior than the price, imo.

I love this baby kabuki, it's so cute. I use it for applying blush and it does a brilliant job. It is so soft and it doesn't shed either which is a bonus, my Mac129 is always shedding. I will defiantly buy another one of these brushes they are so great. I wouldn't use it for applying my foundation but for blush it is perfect. Overall a great little brush.

on 7/29/2008 1:05:00 PM

I do not have any issues with synthetic bristles or natural bristles, but since most kabuki brushes are made of goat hair, synthetic bristles tend to be softer. This brush is surprisingly very dense and very soft. I've only had one experience with shedding and that was the first time I washed the brush (aggressively to test it out) but ever since then, the brush has handled every "aggressive" cleaning and has not shed at all. It is indeed "perfect" for the sample size jars that EDM recommends, and although it is very tiny, it's a perfect size to slip into my purse for the day. There isn't a case provided, but I use a lipstick case (the ones that have the strip of mirror inside and closes with a button), and the brush fits perfectly in there. Overall, I would recommend this brush to anyone looking for buki.

Popular Makeup Brushes