Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.2

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

I like most do-it-yourself manicurist have problems with waiting for my nails to completely dry. So i was in the hunt for ANYTHING i could use to help speed up the drying process. I went and picked this up at my local Ulta and have used it about 5 times since. I can say it give me a perfect manicure look. smooths out the nail polish and gives this a high gloss finish. Dries to the touch faster than any other top coat but i would recomment waiting to do anything another 5 min after they are dry to the touch. JUST TO BE SURE! i can tell it helps with the chipping from the sides but maybe because i am on a computer all day the tips of my nails start to fade away after a day or so. I will def be rebuying this product!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I got this after having no luck with SV. I just couldn't get it to work for me. I love the way this smooths over small mistakes and leaves a glossy finish. I personally prefer a small brush in my polishes bc of the way my nail bed lays in my fingers. Sounds weird, but trust me haha. It is kinda thick but not as thick as SV. I apply it like any other top coat and have no issues with gooping, brush streaks, or bubbling. I've had a mani last a wk with this tho I usually change my polish after 3-4 days. It dries everything rock solid really quickly and I don't have to worry about when or how I apply it. I'm glad I bought this and I will definitely buy it again. P.S. I also use the Essie Grow Stronger base coat which I love too!

on 6/4/2012 11:25:00 PM

This top coat was kind of a can-live-without product. Personally, I really like how fast it did dry, but the formula was so thick it got irritating.

I noticed that given the small brush, it cannot give good coverage of one application for the entire nail. Thus, I have to make sure I have a good amount of the brush, as in not pushing it against the sides so product drops back into the bottle. Instead, make sure you have a good amount and then do the quick swipe over your entire nail. Otherwise, if you dip it and apply again, you are going to get brush strokes and bubbly circles and it becomes a viscious cycle of getting it to perfection. And adding another layer makes the almost-dried glob to the tip of the nail. This is just totally my own experience with it and it drove me nuts.

But after I managed to master the trick of it, it became a pretty good top coat for me. I'm still on the lookout of the top coat that works for me. This top coat gives me a good weeks' wear of polishes. Wouldn't complain yet wouldn't jump for job on this one.

on 6/3/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this cute little top coat! It dries so fast, it looks amazing. It made my semi-holo polish look even more holo, which is unheard of (usually top coat demolishes holographic polishes). I painted my nails and then slapped on a thin coat of this liquid amazingness and saw no chips for a week and a half (I like to capitalize on my manis!) and the shine was enhanced from the minute I put it on.

Will I keep buying this? YES. As long as they don't change the formula. Seriously, it baffles me that people had a hard time with this. I love it!

Also, big-3 free! Seche Vite always holds a special place in my heart but it can't tout the safety this one has.

on 6/1/2012 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I've been looking for a top coat that dries really well so I don't get sheet and pillow marks on my nails. This top coat really does the job. The bottle is very pretty but the handle feels like it's low quality because it's so thin and light. I need to get used to it everytime I use it. It applies easily and leaves a pretty shine on my nails. It also dried a lot quicker than my old top coat which is the most important thing at all. Love this product and will repurchase!

on 5/28/2012 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Great top coat, doesn't really chip. Dries quickly, and leaves a gorgeous, glossy shine to your nails.
Recommendation: let your color dry for a little-while so the color doesn't bleed into your top-coat. If this happens you get swirls in your nails for the rest of the bottles life-span.

on 5/26/2012 10:33:00 PM

Essie Good to Go is the first top coat I've ever purchased and when I first started using it, it really convinced me of how important top coats are. This made my polish unbelievably glossy, settled down uneven application, make it dry a bit faster and definitely held off chipping more so than tip wear. It comes in a 15ml bottle with the standard essie brush. I really like this top coat but now that I've had it for about 2 months I'm not so sure anymore. When I first bought it, the consistency was good and easy to apply, now it has gotten so goopy it's pretty much impossible to get a good application. Basically what happens is if you don't get enough on the brush, it dries halfway when you apply it to the nail then redipping/fixing it results in an uneven mess, either that or you get too much on the brush and it completely globs your nail in this thick layer which never dries and actually ruins your manicure. Hence I'm taking one lippie off because it is just so annoying dealing with it when it gets goopy. Maybe it can be fixed by nail polish thinner but I haven't yet tried.

on 5/15/2012 9:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've tried multiple top coats, and this one has been the only one that I've stuck with because it has pretty much everything I want. Doesn't scuff as much as Poshe. Dries quickly. Three-free (unlike Seche Vite). Shiny. No bubbling. Not sure why some people have bad luck with it.

on 5/13/2012 9:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

As a fast-drying top coat, Good to Go does its job: it dries your manicure quickly and it makes your nails shiny. However, I had issues with two things:

- the formula, which is a little thick and forces you to spread a huge amount of it if you don't want your nail art/magnetic/holographic polish to smudge. It's wasteful and since you have an enormous amount of nail polish on your nails (since the layer of top coat was so thick), instead of making your manicure last longer, it does the opposite: your polish will slide right off your nail, in a single, nail-shaped block. Who needs polish remover after that?

- the brush: it's really, really thin, so because of the aforementioned thick formula, you have to spread the top coat like Speedy Gonzales if you don't want brush strokes to be visible.

Amazing! Great for light colors that need a lot of coats. Lots of shine and so far it hasn't chipped, I highly reccomend this.