Dermablend Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish

Dermablend Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish
Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish

3.9

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetyalted Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides

on 4/21/2009 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After using this foundation, I'm a little surprised to see the reviews so in favor of it. Maybe it's because I have really oily skin, but this foundation never failed to make my face look like an oil slick. It also was not blendable at ALL after applying pressed/setting powder. Usually with my other foundation (CG TruBlend) I can apply touch-ups if needed but with Dermablend FORGET IT. It looks like you rubbed a pencil eraser across your face. It looks pretty awful.

Maybe this is better for those who need sheerer coverage and no layering. I'm sure it's ok for scars/tattoos/etc, but as far as foundation I did not particularly like the thick consistency or the yellow coloring. I purchased it for $28 at Ulta in Natural Beige...returned it within two days. Definitely will not be using any more Dermablend products. My mom has used their concealer and it slides right off. This doesn't surprise me since this foundation ended up on everything I own. The site claims you need their setting powder to make the foundation last the full 12-16 hours, but I call their bluff! The powder is mostly made up of talc and extremely overpriced. I refuse to buy it. Every time I used my phone, a trail of Dermablend was left covering my screen and rubber cover..not very satisfying for their "smudge-proof" formula.

Overall, Pros - nice packaging, full coverage.
Cons - does not blend, super oily, yellow-ish coloring.

on 4/10/2009 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This foundation is THICK and MATTE. I havent found a way to use it without it having my face looking old and dry. It emphasizes wrinkles. Now, I use it occasionally as a concealer on my face. I dont love it as that since the shade is a bit too light, but its not horrible with bronzer on top. It covers everything but my hyperpigmentation, and thats mainly because the color isnt rich/dark enough.
But what bothers me its the thickness and matte effect. Its not very real or healthy looking. I had used it before, and I thought it didnt look as bad as now. Maybe I got older or they changed the formula. I dont know. I used to apply it with a wet sponge. But that dries my face even further now. All an all I dont like it.

I just bought this product today. HORRIBLE! It covers NOTHING AT ALL. I have some light acne scars and this doesn't even touch them. Makes my blackheads on my nose look disgusting, as well. I've tried all sorts of cover ups (MUFE, Amazing Cosmetics, etc) This was the worst.

on 3/31/2009 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Long-Lasting Matte finish - HA! Dermablend's Smooth Indulgence Foundation was nothing but a disaster and anything but "matte and longlasting."

The colors are actually not that bad, the color I chose complimented my natural color quite well. And the high-coverage and overall look is really nice... for the first half-hour or so. After about an hour, this stuff seems to vaporize off the face. This ugly transition causes the foundation to separate and pool into pores, lines, scars, etc. It's also highly transferable, as it rubs off on everything and anything - phones, collars, pillows, other people!!

I'd like to elaborate more, but you get the idea. It's low-grade crap. Even the formulation is cheap. You always have to shake the tube prior to application. If you don't, the formula comes out separated - an oily fluid comes out first and then a watery color base follows.

Definitely not recommended for people with oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have acne prone kindaa oily on my T-zone skin and it stays on for about 7 hours for me. This foundation covers ALL of my acne scars and makes my skin look naturally flawless. It doesnt enhance my pores or anything and it doesnt cause any breakouts either.

Its kinda expensive, but this is my first tube and ive been using it for about 2 months and the tube isnt even nearly half used up yet! so its worth the $!

on 3/7/2009 12:30:00 PM

This makeup is specifically made for complete and full coverage. This is something that you use for a wedding day, professional pics, or if you are on camera. The coverage goes on smooth and blends perfectly. You DO NOT need very much. Apply it on your face area by area. A little goes a VERY long way. Everything appears smooth and even toned. It lasts an incredibly long time and did not break me out on the rare night that I didn't wash my face before bed. It also looks very natural. It is a bit pricey but absolutely worth it. I tend to use this makeup everyday because of the uneven redness and blotchiness that ihave on my face. I will not be using another liquid foundation but this one ever again.

I found this product while searching for a good makeup for my wedding day and this is a really great foundation! I wore it for over 8 hours in an outdoor florida wedding and reception and it held up quite well. It also photographed extremely well. It is lightweight, especially when using a foundation brush to apply and it covers birthmarks, acne scars, and significant skin imperfections really well. I highly recommend using the powder over the foundation though and may need to do a small powder touch up depending on your skin type and weather conditions. Overall, I think this is a great product.

on 11/8/2008 3:41:00 PM

finally i think i found something that works. so far, i have not turned orange and it covers very well.

i use a foundation brush to apply as it makes the makeup look more natural.

love this stuff and i hope it doesnt let me down

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation! It is perfect in every way except that it is kind of expensive for me. But it lasts a pretty long time.. im guesstimating about 3 months? i dont know but this foundation is awesome. the pros are:
easy to use bottle
perfect coverage
long lasting coverage(lasts me a school day- a from 7 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon
perfect color(the colors dont go towards pink or red undertone.. they all ave beige undertones so it leaves you skin tone flwless and neutral)
looks perfect in pictures
i use sand beige and im fair skinned
it gives me some color and i just blend it down into my neck a little
i apply a pump of moisturizer to the foundation on my hand
i mix it with my fingr
i get a big fluffy powder brush and dip it in the mix and buff it onto my face
it looks FLAWLESS
i totally recommend this foundation!

on 10/11/2008 4:33:00 AM

Ohhhh how I wanted this to work for me! It covers beautifully and applies so smoothly. It is indeed a very full coverage foundation. But alas, I have oily skin and 2 hours after applying this my face was an oil slick. I'd blot it and be left with patches of bare skin, the foundation just came off with the blotting paper. It is very expensive so I will save this for when I have an especially bad breakout. This would work well on someone with normal to dry skin. Oily skinned people, save your $$.