REVLON Revlon Red

REVLON Revlon Red
Revlon RedREvlonREdRevlon Red

4.3

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Revlon Red is a true, classic vintage red that makes my toes look stunning in peep-toe pumps, summer sandals or walking barefoot on the beach. This is THE polish to wear when you want your toes to show off your cute shoes!

on 4/29/2011 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the nail polish I wear most often. If you run into me on any given day, it's a safe bet my nails are painted with this color haha. It's a beautiful classic red, that beautifully matches my red lips (also courtesy of Revlon, in the matte shade Really Red).

The color is a bright, simple, true red. I'm sure there are similarly colored nail polishes that are cheaper in price. However, Revlon Red is not really expensive to begin with, and Revlon products tend to be on sale all of the time at CVS. The quality of the polish is pretty great, it goes on fairly opaque and evenly after one coat, but I always wear two.

This my boyfriends color of choice for my nails. Also I cashier, so I have a lot of people looking at my hands on a regular basis, and I have gotten SO many compliments on this color from men and women alike. I enjoy vintage looks, and I enjoy Revlon, so this is the red polish for me.

on 4/10/2011 2:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my go-to red polish. Perfect red colour, very pigmented, glides on easily, dries quickly, is opaque with one coat however I prefer to apply two, does not chip. So much product and a great formulation ensures that I will buy again.

on 2/8/2011 7:43:00 PM

I love this color. It's the perfect red. I put the Revlon top coat over it and it looks glossy and great.

on 1/4/2011 12:50:00 AM

I love Revlon Red polish. It's a beautiful true red color reminiscent of 50's Bombshells. I love the retro-red look & even have my nails done in a slightly pointed oval like gals did back then. I have acrylic nails and take this into the nail salon w/me so I don't worry about polish chipping. I did take off one lippie for this reason: it must be because of the amount of pigment they put in their creamy red polishes that Revlon makes because they are SO messy to remove (not just Revlon Red but Love That Red etc.) More remover and cotton pads than usual have to be used to take this stuff off. Even the person that does my nails commented on this when taking this off.

But I still love them & it's a small price to pay for having such beautiful reds on my nails.:)

I really like this color; bought it last week after my boyfriend told me that Red Hot Tamale was too flamboyant. He really seems to like this one and I love the shade. Not too dark but not an orange tone either.

I've noticed that some people say that it stains their nails... I haven't had that problem... The color does slide around when I take it off with remover but it wipes off just the same as any other color from my experience. I have had much chipping but I've had a lazy couple of day while wearing this color. My thumb nails are the only ones; they have a tiny chip off on the inside but that's explained because of my habit of picking my lips. I usually just touch that bit up.

I'm wearing three coats but I think I prefer two. Three kinda feels heavy and too noticeable on my nails. The polish doesn't easily peel either.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

For a cheap polish, I am impressed. Application is easy and I only need 2 coats to achieve a vibrant color. It's the perfect red for my medium-dark complexion. It's not too cool or too warm, just perfect. It chips around the 3rd day on me with top coat which isn't so bad because I don't like wearing the same color for days anyway.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I love this red, it doesn't lean towards blue or orange. The application was perfect, it wasn't too thin or lumpy.
I got this on sale for $3 Can!
This is my go-to non-sparkle red. I would def. buy again.

So I pretty much wanted a Revlon polish because there is just something about the packaging that I adore. I think maybe it is how simple & classy it looks. So I was looking for a nice red and picked this up. I am pretty surprised, I didn't think it would be very good. With a good, topcoat like Seche Vite Dry Fast, this stuff is really nice. VERY Opaque, one coat does the job but I like 2 to make it perfect. Not streaky at all. It won't chip fast with a nice topcoat and basecoat. The only downfall is I found it to have weird bumps but again were smoothed over with my topcoat. I recommend this if you want a nice red but can't afford the high end brands or don't want to spend too much. Just make sure you have a good topcoat.

on 7/25/2010 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I thought this would have a lot better reviews! I love mine - its so opaque (i can get away with one coat) it doesnt chip and lasts a long time, especially with a top coat. It's a really pretty colour, and I think that Revlon nails are amazing - they are really good quality.

Popular Polishes