Revlon Revlon Red

Revlon RedREvlonREdRevlon Red

4.3

on 3/8/2012 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My go-to red! It's a gorgeous true red that stays brilliant over days without a top coat. I'll sometimes use it with the Revlon Red lipstick if I want some extra va-va-voom. It goes on really nicely with two thin coats and the brush is easy to use and of good quality - it spreads evenly and doesnt fall apart. The polish can thicken if you leave it open for too long but a drop of thinner and it's brand new.

I've only given it 4 lippies though since it can stain my nails pretty badly even when using a good basecoat and trying to get it off with an acetone nail polish remover - which I try and avoid using altogether unless I'm wearing colours like this one

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This is a classic red nail polish. It has good staying power and only requires 1 to 2 coats. Its great for both toes and fingers, and can be worn all year long. Plus its a great price.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

If you're looking for a true red, this is it. Superrrrrrrr pigmented, I can get away with putting only 1 coat on.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This polish is a true cool toned red on my nails. Its very pigmented and opaque with one coat but I always use 2 coats with every polish I own. Im currently wearing this on my toes now. Its a very elegant and classy color. Wouldn't repurchase this color but it is very gorgeous!

on 1/3/2012 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Bought it togetherwith copperglaze plantium because all Revlon classic nail polishes were on sale for $3. I have been eyeing a true red color for sometime now. I am a little hesitant to try reds for the fear that the color might appear cheap and does not complement my skintone.

This color is what I would consider a true red. It is bright but very rich. It easily makes a statement without being overly dramatic. In fact, I think most people can pull it off.

The formula is creamy and one coat is almost completely opaque. I did another coat to simply touch up. I would repurchase it if I use it all up and need a true red color. However, I have so many polishes on hand that I do not see the need to repurchase any one of them in near future. I would recommand anyone who want to try reds or a bright color. It is bright but classic at the same time.

on 10/18/2011 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Yes, yes, a million times yes! This is the red I've been looking for! This is a true, bold red that would work with any skintone. I've never had a bad experience with a Revlon polish yet, and this one surpasses them all. The formula is wonderful- not too thin or thick, opaque in one coat, perfection in two. Finished off with a topcoat (I use Revlon's quick dry one), the color payoff and smoothness are unbelievable.
I totally agree with other reviewers that this is the ultimate bombshell red, and it goes hand in hand with Revlon's Really Red matte lippie. The two together, or the polish alone, create the perfect sultry red look.

on 10/18/2011 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I absolutely LOVE this nail polish color! It's the perfect red, and it's extremely pigmented for a drugstore polish! The lasting power isn't extremely long lasting, but with a top coat it 's perfect and the consistency is amazing. I'd recommend this to anyone, for a perfect red or just a new nail polish

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I have nail polish ADHD. I constantly change the colour of my nails and I usually have contenders battling to win over my hands for the week. They usually consist of two or three colours I'm attracted to/haven't tried in a while and Revlon Red. Revlon Red is always an option because I know it has beautiful wear, colour, and price. For four bucks, I get a great, timeless, true and bright red that makes me feel like a bombshell. The formula is thin so it makes for even coats, the drying time is good, and it wears extremely well. I don't ever wear top coats(just a base coat) and this polish has minimal tip wear by the end of the full seven days which consists of working as a cashier, texting, taking notes, and more. This is the only nail polish I ever see myself repurchasing. It was flawless to me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

After falling head over heels with Revlon's Valentine (a darker, blood red color) polish I've made it my mission to try out most of Revlon's red polishes. Since Revlon Red was next up on the covet list, I seized the opportunity to buy during one of my ridiculously rare trips to Target. My Walmart seems to be out of this shade and their display doesn't provide nearly as many various shades as Target and drugstores do. As an avid wearer of red lipstick- my go-to shade being Revlon's Really Red- I thought it was only appropriate that I walked away with this polish. So I did.
As everyone else has described, this is a shade that many people would describe as being "vintage" or "retro" and yes, I do agree. It does remind me of intricate roller sets, Elvis, pinched waists, and big chrome vehicles that look more like rocket ships than roadsters.
It's a relatively medium-bright, neutral red and exceptionally true to the way it appears in the bottle. While one coat does the trick for color, an extra coat of this tends to lend its hand to the longevity of the polish. Revlon's polishes DO have those weird little bubbles in them but they usually diminish completely upon the application of a top coat. The staying power is pretty good. Tip-wear is kind of hard to combat but I think this polish holds up especially well for the price. Taking it off is going to be a little agonizing because I'm pretty sure it'll stain, but I don't really mind that.
All in all, I love it! It had to grow on me though, since I tend to reserve the brighter colors for my lips. I got lots of compliments on this particular shade as well, which made me feel a lot more confident with it. Revlon Red is yet another sexy bombshell type shade and Revlon has yet to disappoint me. Good work, Revlon!

on 5/31/2011 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The colour is a nice classic red and you can go with just one coat my only problem is that it chips too much for me and I'm not crazy about the brush.

Popular Polishes