Maybelline New York Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

Sorry, but I've borrowed this shadow many times from my mother in multiple shades, and it never fails to dissappoint me. I can't quite put my finger on what makes it so....underwhelmingly average. Skip it and go for Cover Girl.

I got this in 8 colors (light blue, dark blue, white, gray, light pink, dark pink, light purple, dark purple) before I knew anything about pricier brands. Even then, I thought this was a piece of junk. The eyeshadows break easily and even though some colors are very dark, it doesn't show up at all on me and I'm considered pretty light skined. Even the consistency on the plate looked cheap before you swiped it. I don't know what ever made me buy this, but I will not buy ever again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have this in Almondine, a sheer creamy frost. Works well for highlighting brow bones, cheek bones and nose.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Maybelline eyeshadows!! They have beautiful wearable colors and ever since L'Oreal bought Maybelline they really have gotten some better quality items. I have the single eyeshadow in SILKEN TAUPE--great color--it's a shimmery taupe color, similar to my NARS Ashes to Ashes. I wear the Silken Taupe more though because it's more pigmented and I just like the color better. It wears well and doesn't crease all day. I also have Preppy In Pink and Pink Opal (which I think they discontinued-but they have one called Pink Sands which is close). I also have have a couple trios and love those too. I will be getting more of these! But I really do recommend the Silken Taupe, beautiful color!

Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow in Designer Chocolates is probably one of the more versatile neutrals that can be found in drugstore makeup aisles. I like the ability to go really light or dark depending on my mood and application. As always, with Maybelline and many other cheaper brands, buying a good quality eyeshadow brush separate from the one included is a must. Anyway, I think this is a decent product, but I wish the shadow lasted longer in the package and on my eyelids.

A+ for color, C+ for everything else

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have been wearing makeup for a very long time. This is the WORST eye shadow I have ever had the misfortune of wearing. Never has an eyeshadow gone on so streaky and, well, just horribly. Stay away! Stay away!