Maybelline New York Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am on my second silken taupe, which is a shimmery high perle colour. I have blue eyes and this really makes them pop, which I love, also for such a shimmery colour its perfect for day and evening which is probably why I go through these like it's nobody's business, but now that you know maybe you can enjoy this one too:)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I buy this in a variety of colors, I like it because it looks nice on my fair skin and dosen't overpower. It goes on well if you clean off your sponge every week so the extra dosen't build up.After about 6 hours it does crease in the middle of your eyes, which can be kind of annoying. I like it enough to keep buying it.

I have this in Almondine, a light ivory frost/shimmer. I wear it as a browbone highlight, so I can't judge on how it creases. But it had great staying power, and applied smoothly.

i have the single in grey suede and it looks quite dramatic on me. i also have the quads in "stone age" and i love them too. the lighter shimmery brown is my fav.

I don't remeber exactly what the color was called but it was a pale lilac. The color looked good on my pale lids but the texture was awful! The glitter felt like sandpaper and every brushstroke felt wrong. The packaging is cheap and the product inside has a tendency to crack at the slightest touch. Would recommend L'Oreal, Revlon wet-dry, or MAC eyeshadows instead; be good to your eyelids!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Maybelline eye shadows come in very pretty colors, but quality and consistency are lacking. Packaging is poor quality, too: the plastic breaks, the hinges break...crapola. To paraphrase one previous reviewer, these shadows quickly get clumpy, bumpy, yucky, weird. They do! I can't figure it out. When you run the sponge applicator over one part of the shadow cake, everything is fine. But right next to the "normal" powder will be this bump, hardened, that refuses to be picked up by the sponge. If you press harder on the bump, it will crumble and in some cases cause the entire shadow cake to break. I don't want any more of these! I can't let myself get suckered by the cheap price and pretty colors. Also, Maybelline shadows tend to crease in two hours or so.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Yucky. I really dont like maybelline shadows. The only reason why I gave it two lipsticks is because it worked for one day. Then it got chunky and screwy and weird. I have the quad in island shimmers, which I bought for the gorgeous pink color and the champagne one. But they all just came out frosty whiteish toned- EW!!!!! the champagne worked for a day- I applied it in the morning with just mascara because I was lazy, and my eyes looked big and bright. But all that was left after school was the lightest shimmer. Bad product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I actually like these shadows a lot. I consistently use Indigo Chic trio, Soft Plums quad and Berry Chic duo, and find them soft and blendable, decent pigment, and they wear well on me. (I prime my lids with my foundation - Almay Amazing Lasting) Many complain about the lack of pigment, but sometimes I do not want the drama of my MAC colors. I like a shimmer to my eyes, but MAC is often over the top on me, and my Maybelline colors are soft and pretty and add just the impact I want for everyday wear. And the color choices in the palettes above are perfectly coordinated, very pretty and very inexpensive. I love them. Took away a lippie for the crappy sponge applicators. They really do fall apart in a week. Never had a problem with hardening or caking.

This stuff really didn't do much for me. I had the quad in "Cape Cod Harmony." The colors looked so pretty in the box: a light, shimmery pinky-purple, a medium dusty pink, a China blue, and a dark blue. Well, the two lighter colors made me look like a four-year-old in Mommy's makeup, and the two darker shades made me look like someone punched me in the eye. I was almost glad they had zero staying power. The packaging was cool though, and the reason for the two lipsticks: dark, dark blue with gold lettering. Only one (double-ended) brush though: I prefer two one-ended brushes.

I got the Pacific Blues duo for just under $4. By half an hour on my oily skin, the color is all but gone and I'm left with a nice sparkly look. I don't even like the color on me that much anyway. Not really something I would buy again, even in the other colors.