Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

I have 2 ExpertWear Monos in Spring Green and I Love Lilac. I put it on at 7 AM and this eyeshadow still looks great at 7 PM, it doesn`t crease at all and doesn`t fade (I always use a foundation).
The only one reason that stops me from buying more Maybelline products, is that they test on animals :(

I never thought Maybelline eyeshadows were anything to really rave about, and their eyeshadows are no exception. They may have some decent and workable colors, but they're more "miss" than "hit" - especially if you're looking deeper/brighter colors.
A majority of the colors that they have are pretty much all filler, but they're not as bad as other drugstore brands.
So, with some colors you are going to keep digging until you get the desired result.

I'd check out the lighter colors in the Maybelline line, as they make some great highlighters for the eyes. Other than that, I wouldn't mess with them.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I actually quite like this! I got a quad with dark purple, lilac, pink and a really like almost white shimmery pink. I think it stays on relativly well (3/4 day) doesn't crease and looks good when layered. Packaging has alot to answer for though, one word, tacky!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had the Expert Eyes Eyeshadow in a quad that I don't think they sell any more. The colors were pale pink, light blue, light green, and violet. I liked the colors a lot and appreciated their subtelness. They went on smooth and didn't crease. They had average durability for me, lasting maybe half the day. Overall, I threw them out because they were old and because I am switching to more natural makeup.

The packaging is very cheap and breaks easily.
I bought it in black (nightsky I believe) and it works great over liner but the other colours aren't as good (such as sparkling wine). They are washed out and when applied look like a competely different colour than advertised.
The only one I would purchase again is the black.

I use Creme de Cocoa. I will cry, cry, cry if it is ever discontinued! LOL Last summer I had to go to several stores to find it so I bought 3. Revlon discontinued a color I loved a couple of years ago-never found a sub.

I bought this in sweet mystique because the blue looked like it matched my grad dress perfectly. However, when I actually applied it it barely showed up at all. Same with the pink. The only decent shadow in the trio was the pale yellow, but I still had to layer it on heavily to get it to show up. the only way I would buy it again was for the yellow, which is a unique, hard to find color. The other 2 in the trio suck

Expert eyes has some nice colour trios and I am often tempted to buy them. However, this is a resoundingly average product and you can do better in the drug store.

The major flaws is that it goes everywhere. Powder under your eyes etc. If you use a foam applicator (which comes with it) rather then a brush it does a better job, but then you really lose out in the pigment stakes.

That said, I do think the pigment in this product is generally okay.

It is just really powdery/chalky, not at all smooth.

ExpertEyes/ExpertWear. Same thing? I have ExpertWear in 'eletric blue' and have no problem with it. It is an amazing color.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I found these eye shadows quite nice actually :-) I liked the color and staying power. I have very, very fair skin and they showed up fine. The packaging is pretty crappy and I always end up using my own eye shadow brushes from Bonne Bell. *shrugs* They are good for the price.