Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

3.9

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-21, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, BHT, Neopentyl glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium, EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazolyl, Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Agar, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Iron Dioxide, Mica, Red 40, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance

on 4/7/2012 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I do not have acne at the moment but decided to try this gentle daily scrub as I have been hearing many good reviews about it. I basically wanted to make sure I do not get any hormonal breakouts, and just to make sure my pores are as clean as possible.
After using this scrub, my face feels really fresh and clean, the pores seemed to be very small and clean.
UPDATE: My friend (male) tried this scrub just for few days and got lots of red bumps (weird breakouts) that he never had before. So I am not sure I will continue using this...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

*updated* Great if you have active acne. I used this cleanser for 5+ years (I've since outgrown my acne and don't use it anymore). It's the probably the best balance Neutrogena makes of cleansing power and exfoliation without over drying (like the foaming version of this product—awful!). I wouldn't say it's the most deep cleansing so, make it a morning cleanser. Now that I'm older I steer clear of harsh chemicals though which this product is loaded with (ahem, parabens, etc). It makes a big difference in your skin.

on 3/12/2012 12:46:00 AM

Great product at a great price. Helps keep breakouts at bay. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and this scrub (used gently) keeps me pretty clear. I would say that if you have congested skin it is great but probably would irritate cystic acne.

I've been using this product for over a year now and am only on my 2-3 tube. Despite the fact that the container says daily scrub and suggests to "cleanse twice a day," I only use this in the mornings, and only about 5 days a week, so each tube lasts me a really long time. I use this product in the morning and follow up with an Aveeno face moisturizer with spf, and my skin usually looks pretty great (if i do say so myself). My skin was never too bad to begin with; I generally had two or fewer pimples at a time. I hardly ever get pimples now. I don't know if it's Neutragena or just that I'm getting older and out of that teenager-crazy-hormone stage but I'm definitely going to keep using it. Only thing is that after you use it, it leaves your skin feeling pretty tight, which i know some people don't like. I personally like that feeling cause it feels clean to me, but not dry or flaky. Love this product.

At first I loved this scrub! My face felt exfoliated and cleansed but not tight or dry. I used this as my daily scrub for about a month then the horrible happened... My face is now an awful, uneven, red tomato): My skin has never been sensitive so I'm guessing there are some very harsh chemicals in this product. Note: I've never had a reaction to salicylic acid before. Although this product ultimately made my skin worse it has inspired me to take a more natural approach to my skincare routine, so thanks for that!

on 1/19/2012 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite scrub ever! Acne scrubs, or any facial scrubs for any matter, usually dry my face out, but I have found this gentle enough to use every day. I have sensitive skin that can dry out pretty easily, but can also get super oily, so I toe a fine line with facial products. I actually discovered this while visiting my sister, fell in love after just one use, purchased, and am so glad I did! After using this, my face tingles delightfully with a comfortable clean feeling, and I just use a light moisturizer afterwards. It controls my oily skin but I haven't had *any* drying due to this product- it's a very good balance. Please, Neutrogena, don't ever discontinue!

I don't have acne, so I don't use this as an acne scrub. I use it more for exfoliating, & for that, it works great:) It is much more gentle for my face than St. Ives face scrub. If you use too much, it can be very drying for skin. I'm guessing it's drying because it has acne medication in it, so that's why I don't use this scrub that often. Since I don't have acne, I would not know how well this scrub keeps breakouts at bay. The medication in it seems like it's pretty strong, so it could possibly help. I would reccommend, but I wouldn't use this scrub everyday, maybe up to 2 times a week (if that).

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I don't have acne problems but lately u had been getting some really bad break outs on my forehead and so I decided to try this. I really regret it because it broke me out really bad. I got small bumps everywhere and on top of that started developing cystic bumps. Maybe allergic or my skin doesn't like salicylic acid at all because I never used any products to wash my face that had that in it. I know my cousin used this stuff and his skin was pretty nice. I would not recommend this with people who have sensitive skin and breakout using a lot of products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff!

I've been battling moderate acne since I was 11 (I am now 34) and have tried EVERY product under the sun with NO results...I either broke out more, or my face just cracked and fell to the ground (as it is also sensitive).

I decided to try Neutrogena's acne wash daily scrub after reading the reviews here and man I am glad! My skin has never been this clear or smooth since I was a kid. I am in love.

When I ran out of my first tube, I did switch to another product...only for my skin to freak out again. So I went back to the daily scrub and do not plan on deviating ever again! :D

on 11/4/2011 10:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

If I'm not mistaken, I got this product from Walmart for about CDN$8 plus tax. At first, this product did a great job on smoothing my face since it does exfoliate. It also proved to remove the redness around my cheeks. However, after a week, my skin started beraking out. I'm not even talking about those white poppable pimples but those red painful ones that are underneath the skin. I didn't think it was the Neutrogena Daily Scrub since it gave me good initial results. But after continuing my use of this product for another 2 weeks, my breakouts won't stop. I finally put this product on hold and my skin slowly cleared up. It's so disappointing that this didn't work for me since I loved how it made my face felt clean and smooth. What a waste of money.