Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

3.9

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-21, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, BHT, Neopentyl glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium, EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazolyl, Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Agar, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Iron Dioxide, Mica, Red 40, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance

on 5/22/2008 7:49:00 PM

I love this product! My skin is acne-prone, and I do use this in conjunction with ProActiv. The two products together have helped keep my very oily, acne-prone skin at bay. It's a great daily scrub that keeps my pores clean, and I love that it's cheap and easy to find.

on 4/24/2008 3:57:00 AM

I'm so glad I tried this. A few days ago I had the worst breakout I'd ever gotten- usually I get mild acne- just a few pimples on my cheeks every month, but this time I had heaps. And they were the sort that really hurt- like, if I accidentally touched one I would cringe with pain. I'd been using Cetaphil for ages before this, but it wasn't getting rid of these pimples. So I decided to try the Neutrogena stuff. I bought the daily scrub mainly because I hate super-drying cleansers- I'd rather have a spot on my face than a dry, flaky spot. But this was perfect because it exfoliates the dry skin away and gets rid of the acne at the same time. It's not drying at all when you use an oil-free moisturiser. I used it morning and night, and I also used the Neutrogena spot clearing gel at night time. About 3 days later, my skin is pretty much clear again. I know I can't stop hormonal breakouts from happening, but this scrub clears it up quickly. I'll definitely keep using it.

on 3/28/2008 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Good stuff. I had tried to find something that would help keep my acne at bay without drying me out for years, when a friend recommended this to me. It's been a staple in my daily regime for the last year or two and I love it. Definitely has helped with my breakouts and is gentle but does gets deep down to make my face feel clean. I have combination skin that tends to get drier in the winter, and this has never dried me out.

I bought this hoping that it would clear up my severe acne, unfortunately, it didn't. I found that it was too harsh on my skin and i was left with red, stinging skin. Probably not good for my skin type. Or maybe it's because I didn't know much about treating my acne before and i scrubbed my skin raw with this. Not sure, but it's probably good for other people, judging on their reviews.
A good scrub though, cleaned out my pores!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Ewww. After washing my face with this scrub and following up with a toner, I was dissapointed to see so much left over dirt on the cotton ball. This product did very little in cleaning my face! It smells good though, but I'll keep this wash as a back up when I'm out of my fave, St. Ives.

on 2/17/2008 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I shouldn't be reviewing this yet since I've only tried it twice so far... However, the results are already pleasing! The texture of my skin is smoother and more even. I'm only planning on using this 2-3 nights a week though because supposedly, scrubbing every day may irritate your skin. (I wash with Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash the rest of the time)

Anyway, this scrub contains both a BHA (2% salicylic acid) as well as an AHA (glycolic acid) along with gentle "scrubbies" to exfoliate. It has a pleasant smell and tingles slightly upon application (due to Menthol). I'll gradually update this review and let you all know how the scrub continues to work. For now, I like it and it's very cheap! I got mine for just $6 at Walgreens but it'd probably be cheaper at other places.

It does its job, and I like it. My skin is slightly sensitive too, but I was glad I didn't get a reaction. This is slightly more grainy than the scrub from the Neutrogena Acne Stress Control line though. Great for normal to combo skin. If you have dry skin, then try the Acne Stress Control Power Scrub, another great scrub from Neutrogena. I think I will use this in the summer, and the Acne Stress Control in winter.

on 2/1/2008 12:32:00 AM

Well I used to use this product when I was 14/15 and my skin very rarely broke out so after my hormones flipped out and my skin started breaking out and to no avail my other cleansers weren't working, I decided to try this again. I've only been using this and the ragular pump bottle cleanser in the morning but my face is clearing up wonderfully! It's a little drying but I use Cetaphil moisturizer at night and haven't had any problems...anyway in my opinion I'd rather have a dry spot then a large pimple! I think this product is doing a wonderful job my skin is looking so much better and I hope it keeps working so well!

on 1/28/2008 3:44:00 PM

i was a bit skeptical as i've tried older lines of neutrogena cleansers and they always dried my skin out. i'm still sitting on the fence on this one. i'm not sure if it's actually helping my acne at all. After I use it, my face looks worse than it was before using it, but the next day it'll calm down and actually look a bit better. i want to like this product cuz i've tried soo many, but I'm just not sure if it's making a big enough difference to give this 5 or even 4 lippies. i'll have to try it for another couple of weeks or so and edit this if anything changes.

This stuff really works for me - I definitely noticed a reduction in breakouts. I love stuff with a lot of scent, which this doesn't have, but that's really the only con. I also love the way it makes my face feel after I wash - a clean kind of tingly.