Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

3.9

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-21, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, BHT, Neopentyl glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium, EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazolyl, Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Agar, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Iron Dioxide, Mica, Red 40, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance

on 11/4/2011 10:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

If I'm not mistaken, I got this product from Walmart for about CDN$8 plus tax. At first, this product did a great job on smoothing my face since it does exfoliate. It also proved to remove the redness around my cheeks. However, after a week, my skin started beraking out. I'm not even talking about those white poppable pimples but those red painful ones that are underneath the skin. I didn't think it was the Neutrogena Daily Scrub since it gave me good initial results. But after continuing my use of this product for another 2 weeks, my breakouts won't stop. I finally put this product on hold and my skin slowly cleared up. It's so disappointing that this didn't work for me since I loved how it made my face felt clean and smooth. What a waste of money.

on 2/21/2011 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I don't really review face washes because I rarely see any improvement/results when I do decide to stick with one, but I felt this product deserves my praises. For reference I have combination, acne-prone skin leaning towards more of the cystic type of acne. I have used several other Neutrogena products targeted for acne-prone skin that yielded little to no results, but I think this daily scrub has truly improved my skin and it's clarity. I have been using this product consistently for the past 2 months both morning and night (in conjunction with my J&J Purpose cleanser) and it has done wonders for my skin. I think gentle daily exfoliation is what my skin needed - my face has been the clearest it has ever been since it went haywire 3 years ago. This product feels cool and refreshing on my skin and the exfoliating beads really are gentle. No burning, stinging or excessive drying - skin feels smooth and clean. Packaging is average and scent is like all Neutrogena face products. Found in most drugstores averaging between $4 - $6 depending on where you buy it. Will definitely repurchase.

on 2/6/2011 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

When I started using this product, my acne decreased. It didn't go away completely, but they are smaller and a lot less than before. When I stopped using this product, my acne came back. When I started using it again, it decreased again. This is the first time I ever really noticed a product make a difference. I use this in the morning when I shower and it makes my skin feel smooth and soft and clean. I hope they never discontinue this because it really works for me! Love it!

on 12/22/2010 1:29:00 PM

LOVE this scrub!

It is refreshing and makes my skin feel so smooth and clean afterwards. I use it in the shower in the morning as a wake me up, but really use it at night to exfoliate after using my beauty bar to clean and remove makeup.

I have tried other scrubs, and this one is amazing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

First off: I have extremely oily/acne prone skin and very mild acne (2-3 spots at once at the most); I am very cautious with what I put on my face.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
There are some cleansers/scrubs containing salicylic acid that are extremely harsh and drying on my face (despite me having oily skin) by completely stripping it. This cleanser does not strip my skin, it cleans it thoroughly yet is gentle enough for me.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
I guess I can't say for certain that THIS product was the one to clear the tiny under the skin bumps I had on my cheeks before.. But as soon as I started using this scrub.. They almost instantly disappeared. I was pretty convinced that it was this product. I also have to say it helps with the cystic spots I get at times.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
What a great scrub! Great job Neutrogena! Will be re-purchasing :)

on 11/11/2010 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used it everyday for two weeks. Didn't work for me.
I was looking for a cheaper alternative to Laura Mercier's Face Polish, which I had been using for a long time.
My face always felt a bit dirty after using this product. Plus, my skin never looked so bad and pimply after these two weeks. I'm not saying this caused me to break out, but since I didn't change anything else in my routine..it's obvious that this didn't do its job of preventing acne.

on 11/1/2010 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have 2 words....CYSTIC ACNE!!!! HATE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

My sister had this product and I decided to give it a try. I love it. I use it day and night b/c I have acne prone skin. I love how my face tingles after using it. It's a great price. If your skin is acne prone and oily, you should give it a try.

I like this product to get rid of my dead skin. It is kind of harsh for a daily scrub. It is very rough. It does not get rid of acne. The only reason i like this product and would recommend it is if you have lots of dead/ dry skin on your face. I also like the minty feeling it gives my face.

I use this every night to clean my skin (I have to use a scrub because my dead skin does NOT fall off my face like normal people :/) It is an OKAY product it made my acne quite small but they are all still there lol :/ I have bought this product more than 4 times. I will keep using this until I found the right product. :)

PS: worked A LOT better than the blemish apricot scrub or whatever its called (the normal one is a little better though).