Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

3.9

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-21, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, BHT, Neopentyl glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium, EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazolyl, Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Agar, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Iron Dioxide, Mica, Red 40, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance

on 8/27/2007 2:22:00 PM

This is by far the best drugstore scrub I have ever used! I use it every morning and my skin feels so fresh and smooth. I have also noticed I have been breaking out less and less since I've been using this scrub. Plus, my skin is less oily. Its gentle, but still rough enough to do a good job of exfoliating. Using this, followed by a moisturizer makes my skin smooth and soft, ready for makeup. The scent isn't the greatest, but the product itself makes up for that :)

on 7/16/2007 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

this was wonderful when i first bought this, but after a few weeks, my skin started breaking out everywhere, this is a piece of crap

I got a sample of this and absolutely loved how soft and cool my skin felt when I used it that I rushed out and bought a full size tube. Of course my skin waits until after I spend six bucks to decide it doesn't like it so much anymore - since the first day I bought that tube and started using it I've had more breakouts and whiteheads now than I have in years. On my forehead, nose, around the mouth, everywhere popping up OVERNIGHT. I lessened my usage of the scrub to once a week hoping it was just purging and I'd look radiant in due time but now my skin has gotten red, irritated and flaky - out it goes while I try to clean up the mess it made of my face.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i got this scrub first as a sample and it worked so well that i went on to buy it. i thought it was a little on the expensive side, but it works incredibly well. it prevents me from breaking out and keeps my face really smooth, and i love the tingling sensation after even though menthol is not good for the skin. haha. the scrub is not harsh at all and it does not irritate my eyes. i use it everyday in the morning when i don't have makeup on and it really invigorates me. definitely going to buy it again.

Edited 8/12/07: after using this product for some months, it has been breaking me out like crazy! I have never ever broken out so much in my whole entire life! I have more than half a tube left and I don't know what to do with it!

on 6/20/2007 10:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have long been searching for a scrub that both DH and I could agree on to keep in the shower. Though we both balked at getting this after awful adolescent experiences with old versions of the Neutrogena Oil-Free acne line, the reviews made this sound perfect: he's normal but acne-prone, i'm sensitive and always broken out. We both need decent exfoliators that wont break us out. We both loved this product at first, raving over how soft it left our skin after rinsing, especially compared to a similar Noxema product he had been using, which left our skin feeling gross when rinsed - that Noxema feel (gag). I thought for sure this was it. Alas, after about 3 weeks of use, hubby began to break out badly, which hasn't been an issue for him in about 2 years, and I had moved on to other scrubs in my stash since I was continuing to break out, perhaps a little worse, and not getting enough exfoliation from this. I am happy it works for so many, for us, it did not :( I have also read that Salicylic acid in washes and scrubs don't really work, since it needs much more time to penetrate into the pores than the 30-60 seconds a cleanser is on your face. That makes sense to me, but all the positive reviews seem to prove otherwise...???

on 6/6/2007 8:29:00 AM

I have very sensitive skin. At 39 I still have monthly breakouts. I don't use this product on a daily basis because my skin is too sensitive for a daily scrub. However, at the first sign of a breakout I use this cleanser followed by Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Face Lotion for Sensitive Skin. It calms my skin and clears it up.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After a long search, I've finally found my HG cleanser! I've been using this scrub for three weeks now, once every night in the shower, and my skin has improved 100%. I break out a lot less now, and my post-acne redness fades in two weeks!(It used to take my skin over 2 months to fully get rid of a zit.) I would recommend this to anyone with acne-prone combo skin like me. Now when I look in the mirror in the morning, I see clear, smooth skin. And the price isn't too bad either, I paid $4.50 for a tube at Wal-Mart. Definitely will repurchase this.
***Edit: I've been breaking out a lot lately, but I've been extremely stressed out, so I'm not sure if it's this or the stress. However, my skin was very clear a couple months ago when I was using this and I wasn't very stressed. I will update again if it turns out to be this stuff.
***Re-Edit: It turns out that my nasty breakout was not this cleanser, it was the extreme stress I was experiencing. My skin has since cleared and never been better, and yesterday when I went back to Wal-Mart for another tube of this, my mom commented on how great my skin looked. I will probably be using this stuff for twenty more years, I love it so much.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this. It seems to be keeping my skin clearer. Not sure if it is because I have also switched my make-up in the last few monthes (switched to mineral make-up) or because of the scrub, but either way, whatever I'm doing seems to be working so I will keep purchasing this - plus it is inexpensive. I do use the mary kay microdermabrasion about twice a week as well, and that along with this scrub keeps my skin exfoliated well and very soft.

Gave me the worst breakout I've had in a long time. :( I should have known better. Harsh scrubbing beads + menthol = Breakout city.

on 5/9/2007 1:43:00 AM

Its alright. It gives me a nice glow and it has prevented me from getting those deep blackheads i usually get on my forehead. I've been breaking out on my chin but that might be hormonal because it started before i switched cleansing products. Umm, as far as oiliness is concerned i can't see a significant increase. It makes my skin feel nice. :)

UPDATE: it started breaking me out, i cut down to once a day, and now i've eliminated it from my routine and i'm clearing up. sorry guys, too harsh for me.