Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

3.9

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-21, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, BHT, Neopentyl glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium, EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazolyl, Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Agar, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Iron Dioxide, Mica, Red 40, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I should have known when my sister gave this to me something was wrong.lol. This scrub gave me the worst breakout I have seen in a long time. At first I thought it was just purging my skin but after 2 weeks I realized that my skin did not likey :/ However, I did give it 2 lippes for how smooth it got my skin but I would not repurchase nor would I recommend. Thanx sis!

on 7/22/2009 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is okay I guess. my face does feel clean, but it's not doing anything for my existing acne, which is what i wish it would do. It does make my face feel soft though. It says oil free, but (i have oily skin) it makes my face more oily than other cleansers that I have tried. so idk.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I REALLY wanted to like this. But it's too harsh for daily use. I used it about a week twice a day and was fine..then I started breaking out. It didn't do much for me anyway other than make my skin feel cleaner. I use it every now and then when I need to scrub, but once it's gone, I will not repurchase.

on 7/18/2009 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Prior to using this product I had used Clean and Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser/Scrub and I have to say that they don't come close to this product!! Although Clean and Clear's Morning Burst isn't used for acne, I had found that after using the Neutrogena scrub my face was sooo soft, my pores had reduced and my skin was glowing!! I use this scrub with the Deep cleanser and I am loving it! It really reduced my acne, and prevents further breakouts! I will definitely be using this product again and again :)

i reallly wanted this product to work on my combo skin but it didn't. it smelt nice when i applied it and when i used it on my skin it felt smooth and clean. however, after a week of using this my skin has broken out so much. it's never been this bad. i don't know what's in it that my skin is reacting to, but i'm so disappointed and my skin is so bad right now. i'm going have to throw it out.
i've been breaking out all over my cheeks and my skin has red spots everywhere. i have never experienced any break out like this :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

OMG i love this face wash .. ok i was having a nasty breakout last year .. so i went to the dermo and he put me on tazorac .. which worked great .With the tazorac i used the this cleanser in the morning to wash my face and put the taz on at night .. my face cleared up great , so i figured it was the taz that did the trick ( it was not only the taz) . So about a month ago i started breaking out again and i didn't know why , i was using proactiv and it didnt do anything .. so i was in walgreens and i see this face wash (Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub) and im saying to myself " well i used this before so i mines well give it another try ". So i figured i will wash my face in the morning and night with this and just put on the proactiv lotion ... OMG in week my face was clear .. it's soo crazy i tried everything and to think that this face wash cleared up my skin is soo weird ... im telling you this does the trick .. i dont know what the hell is in this stuff but it works wonders.. gooo get it it

on 5/21/2009 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

i always use this.. it leaves my skin sooo soft.. and if i have a big pimple, and i use this, i barely have any redness left and the pimples shrink so much.. i mean, i might still have a little redness, but it small enough that i can just use concealor. i love this and im almost out, so i will be purchasing really soon.

on 5/17/2009 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Now, I like that this also has glycolic acid in it, but the way this is formulated just doesn't work for me. It worked at first, but then it felt like my skin was greasy and my skin is technically normal to dry (with makeup = oily, with moisturizer = smooth and nice).

Anyway, at times my acne is mild, other times it's moderate. This broke my skin out so badly...

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Using this everyday is a little too much and will leave your skin raw and hurt, as it did with mine when I used it everyday at first.

This more suitable to use every other day or x3/week. It leaves my skin smooth and refreshed afterwards. The beads are gentle enough.

However, I have not noticed much improvement on my acne, and I've been using this for 6 months. I also wish this came in a pump instead of a tube.

on 4/24/2009 3:26:00 AM

Don't get me wrong, this product has really nice packaging and I did get it for free as a sample along with the daily wash. But... I don't ever plan on buying it. I'm not sure why but this product really broke me out and dried up my skin. It left my face feeling hot, really irritated and just felt unhealthy. No other product has done that to me. Thank goodness I tried the sample first.