Clean & Clear Invisible Shine Control Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Clean & Clear Invisible Shine Control Powder [DISCONTINUED]

3.0

I love the little packaging on this thing. its so cute. i also like how it does help with the oil and the redness on my cheeks. I like to put it on my forehead and the rest of my T-zone. Mind you, you cant put it on like regular powder or else u will turn blue!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

WAY too much blue tint in this. made me skin blue-ish white. people thought I was on my way to a vampire larp ;-(

This product does not do what it is marketed to do. I found that when I put it on 15 min. later the shine is back on my face and even through the blue is suppose to counteract the rediness in the skin I found that it did not do so. In fact it just made my skin blueish. However, I did like the packaging. But not enought to repurchance this again.

This product didn't do anything for me. It is BLUE. Why blue?? Well I'm not even sure if it controlled my oil or anything like that because it felt the same only that my face seemed blue. Weird product that I will never get again.

didnt help at all...why BLUE??? and it made my nose look WHITE

Okay powder at shine control... but the blue colour left a tint on my face. x_X

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this powder years ago, and just never got the hang of wearing it. I finally threw it away and forgot it existed. Then I saw it again in the store, and just had to give it another try. The compact is a bit strange, but I can get over it.

I have found that applying this like regular facial powder, on top of foundation or alone, only gives a blue cast to my skin that is very unflattering. What I do with this is swipe the spongypuff over the powder, then dab it into the pores of my nose and forehead, and sometimes along the sides of my nose. Then, I apply whatever foundation I am wearing that day over it. This very effectively hides the blue shade, while at the same time working to control shine and oil. I also take a small brush and fluff some over the top of my eyeshadow and on my lower lids before I apply lower eyeliner.

I don't stay shine-free all day, but it really does help to control excess oil on my very oily skin. However, if later in the day I get to the point where even blotting isn't working, I will dab just the slightest bit on the shiny area, and cover it with regular powder or cream-to-powder foundation. This works better with some foundations than with others...it just depends on each individual foundation and how it reacts with your skin. And, of course, if you wear too much of any mattifying product, it can cause the reverse to happen...skin that is more oily than before.

One thing that does confuse me...everyone who has ever taken art knows that you use green to cancel out any redness, NOT blue. This powder alone just makes any red areas look purply-grey (after all, red and blue make purple).

UPDATE 4/24/04: I have found, as summer is approaching and the days get more humid, that if I wear too much of this it just creates more oilies. So for the summer, I am just wearing this under my eyeshadow base and maybe a light dusting on my nose and forehead, under my regular powder. continued >>

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Wanna look blue? Well this will do it. Looks unnatural on skin because of the powder color. Absorbs oil/shine but at the cost of looking ghostly. Not worth the money. I don't like the puff, it gets kind of gross after a few applications. The oil absorbing sheets are much better.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I can see how some people might not like this product. BUT if you want to control shine and your skin tone, this is great. If you have fair or light skin, though, this is pobably not for you.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've had this product for years, and it works good. I like using a powder brush to apply it, which won't make your face blue. It controls oil pretty well too.