e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon
Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

Price: $

Price: $

Paraffinum Liquidum, Polybutene, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Red No.7, Calcium Lake(CI 15850:1), Red No.6 Barium Lake (CI 15850:2), Red No.27 Aluminum Lake(CI 45410:2), Red No.40 Aluminum Lake(CI 16035), Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake(CI 42090:2), Iron Oxide(CI 77499).

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I recently purchased this as part of the lip cases (5 lippies and a case for $4? how could you not??)

I absolutely love this lip gloss and you really do get more than what you pay for with this one. It's a great pink-cherry-red and I really was initially skeptical about how it would look on my light Filipino skin, but it really is a great sheer cherry wash with just enough glimmer. The scent is not too intrusive but refreshing enough and the product goes on so smoothly on the lips. I get so many compliments when I use this because it's kind of an everyday glam--great for school, internship, and work =)

I will most definitely repurchase! But probably a while from now as I bought five of them in one sitting, LoL!

on 3/24/2008 4:44:00 PM

This is the prettiest color!!! It really looks like watermelon and I love the texture and smell. No amount of words can describe how much I love this gloss in general, and this color is the best! One costs a buck so that is great and you get a lot of product.

on 2/25/2008 8:51:00 PM

EW. Very disgusting. It was so sticky and goopy that I had to take it off a few minutes after application. Don't waste your dollar. Go buy something worth it.

This is a great lip gloss. It's a true watermelon like color (coral/peachy) with a bit of shimmer. The consistency is great; it's really thick and goes on smooth. I also love the fruity smell!!

The greatest part of E.L.F (besides the price, of course) is that THEY DO NOT TEST ON ANIMALS!!! That's amazing considering a lot of 'cheaper' cosmetic companies test..but not this one.

The only con to this product is that the color fades rather quickly, so you will need to reapply. But for a great lip gloss for only a dollar, who cares?!?! It's a great addition to my makeup collection, and they have tons of shades to mach any skin tone.

on 2/9/2008 5:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have recently discovered the ELF line after reading about it in all my favorite magazines. This LG is amazing- it's not too sticky, is a great color for my PPP skin, and has an SPF- all for $1! Watermelon is an amazing color which gives me the YLBB with a shine look. I am highly impressed by the quality of some of the ELF line and these lip glosses definitely give some of my favorite high end brands a run for the money. Definitely worth a try!

I received this gloss as an extra and the tube says "Donna L'Oren." I have fair cool-toned skin and I thought it would be too warm for me. I decided to try it out before tossing it in my make-up give-away bag. My first thought was "yep, a bit too warm," but immediately after it was "wow, that's smooth." I love the texture and wanted this in a different color. I tried to look up Donna L'Oren, but that's a lingerie company. Imagine my surprise when I did a board search and discovered that the product is really E.L.F. I considered myself to not be a makeup snob, but I never gave the E.L.F. display a second glance. I like this as much as most other drugstore and even mid-range department store glosses. This is a drugstore gem. I found Watermelon to be wearable, but slightly brighter and warmer than the glosses I normally wear. Watermelon is a somewhat bright, warm pink shade. I have fuller, more pigmented lips, so this, like most glosses, blended in. There is a hint of color, but it still looks natural. The finish is glossy with shimmer, but not over-the-top. For one dollar I figure I just as well might buy every color.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this from the elf site a couple of weeks ago, and its SO good! the color is great for my very tan skin and the texture of this gloss is supremely smooth and not sticky at all!! def. better texture than any other drugstore lipgloss! i just ordered 3 more!

The only thing I don't like about this gloss is the smell, but I don't like anything grape smelling so thats my fault not theirs. Everything else, from the color, texture, shine, is all very good. Some people said it doesn't last very long, but for me it did, even after drinking and eating.

on 7/20/2007 10:44:00 PM

I love this watermelon color, and it has SPF 15! It is nice and glossy, but not sticky. I just wish it would last longer, but the cheapness makes up for it!

on 2/18/2007 6:00:00 PM

This gloss is more sheer than I expected, but for a buck I think it's great. It gives a nice Watermelon tone to my lips and the perfect glossy look. It doesn't last as long as I would like but that may be due to dehydrated lips. Need to drink more water. I like the sticky-ness of the lip gloss, not too much, but just the perfect amount.