e.l.f. Swatches (Uploaded by Katie4098)

77%
would repurchase
3.7/5
package quality

price range

Reviews

frommtycer

Apr/04/2009

I have this in two colors, Honey Do (a sheer colorless gloss), and Watermelon (a semi sheer bright pink with slight pearl gloss).

PROS: Cheap! Sweet smell, not plasticky (I prefer the smell of the Watermelon over the Honey Do). Watermelon has really, really nice color. I like the applicator type (much better than their crappy click brush lipgloss). Okay texture. Feels moisturizing, and …

About reviewer (427 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

Mar/17/2009

i love this product and am quite surprised by it. It's so cheap I didn't think it could work very well, but it did. The color looks good on me. The reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because it seems to dry my lips when I apply it directly. To prevent that, I apply Burt's Bees lip balm first then top it off with this one. I do not find this too sticky or tacky, just right …Read more

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Medium

EyesBlack

2.0

Jan/21/2009

I don't regret this since it was dirt cheap, but the color was absolutely hideous on me. It was a tacky, cheap looking pink, something I would have worn in junior high. It is very opaque and the color was just too overwhelmingly pink.

I guess this would look better on people who are fairer and maybe with less pigmented lips

About reviewer (155 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Olive, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

Jan/12/2009

Color and pigmentation is nice, too sticky IMO. IT doesn't stay on for long, but if you need it to come off for any reason, don't use a tissue as this stuff is EXTREMELY sticky and will take anything with it *ie food, tissue, etc!

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (124 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

Jan/05/2009

There's not much to complain about this lip gloss. I like the color and it does show up on the lips - it's not sheer. It feels a bit thick but nothing too bad. For a dollar - I don't regret buying it. I think it dries out my lips though and also ELF doesn't have a lot of color choices. That's all though.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

Dec/19/2008

great gloss and really in expensive i just love all teh elf glosses

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

Nov/03/2008

i quite like this lipgloss. it's a bit sticky as all e.l.f. super glossy lip shine tends to be. however, it does last a LONG time. so, it also has a beautiful reddish pink shade that looks like watermelon color! it's a really nice lipgloss. it smells like synthetic grape but it hasn't been bothering me in the least bit and i'm actually am picky about the scents. so, do give it …Read more

About reviewer (184 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

Jul/03/2008

love this! I actually picked it up by mistake meaning to get another color...good things sometimes happen when you are in a hurry. lol. I love the smooth wet look of all the lip shines and how good they feel on the lips, not sticky. This one has more color than some of the others. And it lasts! Great stuff. Better than some that cost much more.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

May/20/2008

The packaging of the product is not good quality. The silver writing on it came off on my hands after just a few uses.

0 of 3 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

Apr/15/2008

it smells great, tastes good, it's not overly sticky, shiny enough, has a nice color &, it lasted through my shower.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium