e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon
Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

Price: $

Price: $

Paraffinum Liquidum, Polybutene, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Red No.7, Calcium Lake(CI 15850:1), Red No.6 Barium Lake (CI 15850:2), Red No.27 Aluminum Lake(CI 45410:2), Red No.40 Aluminum Lake(CI 16035), Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake(CI 42090:2), Iron Oxide(CI 77499).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

For $1, the color payoff is amazing. The smell of the watermelon lip gloss is so good. Sometimes I have to remember I can't eat it, LOL! It is thick but not sticky. The only issue I've had with it is it kind of makes my lips burn/itchy.

on 7/23/2010 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm Chinese and the colour I got was pink kiss. It was watt to shiny in my opinion, I didn't literally believe the fact that it was 'super glossy'. It smells delicious though!

What I absolutely hate bout this product is that It was so drying on my lips after like 10 minutes or less. I suggest wearing lipbalm before wearing this. Also, you basically HAVE to have NO DRY flakes or chapped lips to wear this or it will outline the flakes and not moistuize ur dry lips. Meh I don't really like this producttt

on 7/27/2010 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really liked this product. It looked really nice on and had an okay feel on my lips. However, I had an allergic reaction to this product. I'm not completely sure if it was the SPF in it or not but if you have sensitive lips be careful when using this product.

The ELF lip glosses from this line are fabulous in my opinion. There is something for everyone because they have sheer colors as well as slightly more opaque ones like Watermelon. You actually get color from these glosses without having to use a lipstick. I have it in Juiced Berry as well, which is a sheer red gloss.
For $1 you definitely can't go wrong.

I am a huge fan of NYX round lipsticks and this is perfect to finish those off for a fresh look. I use this over NYX lipsticks: Heather, B52, Tea Rose, Indian Pink and Doll. For me, this transforms a matte lipstick into something much more flattering. Beware that this is a stickly lipgloss so if you live in a windy city or your hair swings toward your face you might want to look for something else- I removed 1 lippie for the sticky factor.

I am on my second tube of this lip gloss, but only because the first one split at the seam. I have a lot of things to say about this, but I'll keep it short. For only a dollar, you can't go wrong. The watermelon color is gorgeous and it's not sheer at all. Although the gloss is sticky, it adds staying power, but I often find myself pulling hairs off my lips awkwardly. However, I find myself almost never reaching for it for some reason. Maybe, it's because I'm subconsciously snooty and I always find myself reaching for something higher end. I really love the gloss, but I took off a star for the packaging, and another star because I'm cruel. Just kidding. I love the gloss for a dollar, but it doesn't deserve a 4 in my opinion.

on 1/19/2011 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm on my second tube of this color. I was almost done with the first when the seam split, so I tossed it without a regret and got another since it's $1. The formula is a little sticky, but not more so than most other lip glosses. I love that it is SPF 15. So far, this color Watermelon is my favorite. It's just a great peachy pink pop of color. You can apply lightly for a natural shine or more heavily for a more opaque finish. I like that you can apply this one-handed and quickly (like in the car). The smell is a little strong but it does wear off, and it's not a horrible smell.

I like this lipgloss because it gives a lot of color to your lips. I also love that its only a dollar. It's a bright pink color and I think it looks really nice. I also really like the smell of it, it smells like candy to me. Some people might not like that but I don't have a problem with it. The gloss can be on the sticky side but I don't mind it much. Overall a great gloss for a great price.

on 2/20/2011 4:17:00 AM

This costs only a dollar! It's the only flattering watermelon color. I have pigmented lips already, and this makes them look healthy and inviting, lol. There is some fruity scent in it, not strong tho, don't worry.. The formula is nice, very soft and blends really nicely, but it's more on the sticky side. Its lasting power is good, better than most DS lipglosses out there. The packaging is nice too, in a squeeze tube. I love it and would definitely buy again when run out.

This gloss itself isn't bad. I was expecting worse considering the price. I have a few of these. I don't love the tube because the tip is shaped a little weird and sometimes too much product comes out. It is a little thicker than I like, but not bad at all for the price. The wear is average. Honestly, I won't buy these again because I'd rather have other brands that I like better. These are good if you're just trying out makeup or if you want something that you'll use everyday and don't want to spend too much.