e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon
Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

Price: $

Price: $

Paraffinum Liquidum, Polybutene, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Red No.7, Calcium Lake(CI 15850:1), Red No.6 Barium Lake (CI 15850:2), Red No.27 Aluminum Lake(CI 45410:2), Red No.40 Aluminum Lake(CI 16035), Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake(CI 42090:2), Iron Oxide(CI 77499).

on 1/5/2009 12:09:00 PM

There's not much to complain about this lip gloss. I like the color and it does show up on the lips - it's not sheer. It feels a bit thick but nothing too bad. For a dollar - I don't regret buying it. I think it dries out my lips though and also ELF doesn't have a lot of color choices. That's all though.

on 1/12/2009 5:06:00 PM

Color and pigmentation is nice, too sticky IMO. IT doesn't stay on for long, but if you need it to come off for any reason, don't use a tissue as this stuff is EXTREMELY sticky and will take anything with it *ie food, tissue, etc!

on 1/21/2009 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I don't regret this since it was dirt cheap, but the color was absolutely hideous on me. It was a tacky, cheap looking pink, something I would have worn in junior high. It is very opaque and the color was just too overwhelmingly pink.

I guess this would look better on people who are fairer and maybe with less pigmented lips

on 3/17/2009 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i love this product and am quite surprised by it. It's so cheap I didn't think it could work very well, but it did. The color looks good on me. The reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because it seems to dry my lips when I apply it directly. To prevent that, I apply Burt's Bees lip balm first then top it off with this one. I do not find this too sticky or tacky, just right for a lip gloss.

on 4/4/2009 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in two colors, Honey Do (a sheer colorless gloss), and Watermelon (a semi sheer bright pink with slight pearl gloss).

PROS: Cheap! Sweet smell, not plasticky (I prefer the smell of the Watermelon over the Honey Do). Watermelon has really, really nice color. I like the applicator type (much better than their crappy click brush lipgloss). Okay texture. Feels moisturizing, and sinks into lips well.
CONS: It's not a great product, just a decent product. Makes my lips tingle slightly.

Overall, I might buy this product again in Watermelon only. It probably won't be one of my favorites but it's a good product for those on a budget!

on 5/5/2009 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love. The punch of color is great for summer. The shade is so flattering, even after we went to the beach and I got a tan. Doesn't last really long, but I love the sweet smell. The squeeze tube is convenient, although the writing really does get rubbed off easily. But for the price, who cares?

I already repurchased. :)

The gloss is shiny and comes in a conveninet little tube. However, it also as parabens in it, which especially, because gloss is on my lips, I am going to start avoiding.

on 6/30/2009 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

No complaints because you can't beat the price. I don't find this sticky at all and I'm enjoying the color too.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Very nice product. In the tube it really does look like a watermelon color but on your lips it's more natural. It gives my lips a nice hint of color and a nice not-too-shiny shine. can definetly be used for an every day look. you get a good amount of product too and it has good staying power. took a lippy of for the scent, which doesn't botter me too much but i would have liked it better without.

very pretty color! exactly like a watermelon. not too sticky either.