e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon
Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

Price: $

Price: $

Paraffinum Liquidum, Polybutene, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Red No.7, Calcium Lake(CI 15850:1), Red No.6 Barium Lake (CI 15850:2), Red No.27 Aluminum Lake(CI 45410:2), Red No.40 Aluminum Lake(CI 16035), Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake(CI 42090:2), Iron Oxide(CI 77499).

on 4/8/2011 8:16:00 PM

Bought this for $1 to throw in my gym bag - and I really like it! Color is nice, has reasonably decent staying power for a gloss, and is just as good, if not better, than the $5-7 Revlon & L'Oreal fancy-looking wands.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not bad. Nice color, staying power isn't that good. Nice product for a dollar.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love the color of this. It's perfect for the summer. I have quite pigmented lips and this one is a great mix of natural, pinky nudish rosy shade for me. I always have difficulties to find the right mid tone shade of lip glosses from the affordable brands, because the lighter shades are always too light for me making my lips disappear and making me look like a dead person and the darker colors are too dark making me look too overdone. I was so happy to find this shade.
The consistency is very sticky, but it doesn't bother me, because sticky lip glosses tend to have more staying power. This one stays pretty well too.
The smell is too strong for my taste. It smells just like wild strawberries and at first I thought "oh, yummy smell", but after a while it started making me nauseous.
The other thing I don't like (but it's not a big deal) is the package. I don't like so much these squeeze tubes, because I have to use my fingers to apply the gloss evenly and it's quite messy.
This lip gloss would have been perfect on a tube with a doe foot applicator.
Anyway, I love the color so much I will purchase more of these.

I must say I was shocked at how pigmented this gloss actually is. I was eyeing a lighter color, but figured to go with the darker. I expected it to be very sheer, but it stayed true to color! I feel as though it's a little thin, but if you apply too much it's a bit gloppy. You have to learn how to put on the right amount. I wouldn't say it's SUPER glossy, but for a dollar, I really can't complain!

on 8/13/2011 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love this. when i don't want to bother with stains/lipstick(which require maintenance when on, haha) i go for this. awesome, long lasting, smells good, cheap as dirt, and amazing. love it. the real challenge is trying to keep myself from buying the rest until i've used some of what i already have(which is tons).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I own two other glosses in this line and since I'm a fan, I decided to buy Watermelon. I wanted something a bit darker that made my lips pop and this is it. It's a darker pink that's very close to my actual lip color.
It's very shiny, goes on smooth and sticks to the lips great without any balms or primers. Just like the others in this line, the squeeze tube is very controllable and I love that it sucks some of the gloss back in the tube after squeezing so you're not getting a glob of gloss and waste it.
It does not rub off on my hair and does moisturize a good amount. It's lasting ability is amazing, if you don't eat or drink with this on. It will not hold up at all, which is why I took a point off because I have other glosses/lipsticks that can hold up much better to such things.

Especially for the price, the quality is great. you get a large amount considering and the colors are pigmented. This reminds me a lot of a Stila gloss I have, it could very well be a dupe for it.

I will buy again and would recommend to everyone who wants an inexpensive gloss that's versatile.

on 10/24/2011 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

BEST LIP GLOSS EVER!
Its such a perfect lip color for my lips/face. It isnt overly thick like some of the other super glossys....
this is my new everyday lip gloss :)

on 12/31/2011 7:42:00 PM

I love this gloss soooo much! For years I swore off lip gloss because I hated the way my long hair would get stuck to it in the wind, and the way so many glosses get all gross in the corners of your mouth. Not anymore though!
This lipgloss is the perfect bright pink on me, and is so pigmented it shows up on my very pigmented lips ( no small feat for a lipgloss let me tell you!) The best part is is just kind of fades away, so reapplying is easy because you don't have to wipe the yucky left over gloss off your lips first!

Pros:
-light fruity smell ( this may be a con to some, but I personally don't like unscented glosses because they tend to pick up scents)
-Super pigmented
-CHEAP ( um $1 - how can you go wrong!?)
-smooth texture and feels moisturizing on the lips
-no nasty lip gunk!

Cons:
-Some might not like the scent, it just smells like fruity gum to me
-packaging isn't anything to write home about ( but heck it was only $1!)

on 2/29/2012 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I can't believe that ELF claim this isn't sticky! Felt horrible and gloopy as soon as I put it on. Good thing it was cheap so I didn't waste much money.

on 5/12/2012 12:29:00 PM

I have heard alot of great things about this lipgloss so I decided to pick it up. I must say I'm glad I did! This colour is more like a nude pink color on my lips (my lips are quite pigmented) and it smells good too! It has a very fruity scent :) usually I don't like sticky lipglosses but I'm loving this so far! If you're thinking about trying it, DO IT! It's only $1 and works great!