e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon
Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

Price: $

Price: $

Paraffinum Liquidum, Polybutene, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Red No.7, Calcium Lake(CI 15850:1), Red No.6 Barium Lake (CI 15850:2), Red No.27 Aluminum Lake(CI 45410:2), Red No.40 Aluminum Lake(CI 16035), Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake(CI 42090:2), Iron Oxide(CI 77499).

on 9/10/2009 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is the other of the two E.L.F. glosses I've tried. It's a very pigmented pink shade. It tends to be slightly stickyÖ But still itís a decent lip gloss that doesn't irritate my lips, and with an added bonus of SPF 15 (Titanium Dioxide). However, I prefer the shade Juiced Berry more, because itís more subtle. Watermelon is a tad too "in your face" pink for my complexion.

Ingredients: Paraffinum Liquidum, Polybutene, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Red No.7, Calcium Lake(CI 15850:1), Red No.6 Barium Lake (CI 15850:2), Red No.27 Aluminum Lake(CI 45410:2), Red No.40 Aluminum Lake(CI 16035), Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake(CI 42090:2), Iron Oxide(CI 77499)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I know this product only cost $1, but the severe stickiness and thickness is difficult to overlook no matter how cheap. The smell is not bad at all. The color doesn't last very long which is common with a gloss, but this gloss lasted less than 45 minutes on me. I also bought "Goddess". The colors were nice as I prefer sheer colors, but I can't get past how awful it feels on my lips! I wonder if the hyper shine gloss (the one that looks like a Stila lip stain) is as sticky. Will I buy it again? NO! However, try it for yourself as it only costs a buck and maybe you will not have such an issue with the stickiness.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

My friend bought me a three-piece lip gloss thing not too long ago and this was the first gloss in it I decided to try (I have yet to try the other two). It's a very flattering, warm-tone pink, and I like it! It moisturizes your lips well, unlike some other glosses that just sit on your lips and feel like a layer of sticky crap on top of dead skin. I'm not loving the smell, because it reminds me of a couple cheap lip glosses I used to play around with when I was five or so, but I can put up with it because this color is so nice.

on 12/8/2009 9:38:00 PM

This is a great, inexpensive lip gloss! I love the color - just enough color but still sheer enough that it isn't overpowering. I did notice that it tends to dry out my lips but I've easily remedied that issue by putting on some of my Cocoa Butter Lip Balm on first! This was my first E.L.F purchase and I'm now looking forward to my future ones!

on 12/11/2009 12:11:00 AM

Loove. With this price tag, you can't go wrong. Smells delicious.

on 12/15/2009 12:00:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Nice darker pinkish color that is not to bright or obvious, it's longlasting because of the non-liquidy, sticky consistency which is usually a plus for me.
Huge con: the scent is extremely strong.. Store one of these elf glosses perfectly closed in your collection, and once you grab another lipgloss close to it the packaging will smell like what's in the elf's tube. It's that strong.
For a while I was ok with it but no, it's terrible and unnecessary. Urgh.

What I also don't like is that I received my tube defected - the plastic is open where the cap ends and gloss oozes out.

I tried multiple times to fix it with glue which is hard of course because of the oilyness of the gloss, but by now it's closed enough so it doesn't ooze all throughout my lipgloss stash.
Well, this is not the first time this happened to me with elf products and I'm disappointed by the quality of the packaging.. but the quality of the product inside is good and the chance you'll get a tube that's ok is still much higher than receiving one like mine I guess.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

A great gloss - smooth, nice cushion, great taste, long lasting, not sticky.... and CHEAP!!! This is so much better than all of my expensive $20 and up glosses. I'm going to get every shade of these!

on 2/10/2010 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm sorry, but for me this just doesn't work that well. First the pros.
-It smells good
-It's a pretty color
-There seems to be a lot of product in the tube.

This problem for me is it is really sticky and NOT long lasting at all! I put it on, and about 5 minutes i walk downstairs and it is completely gone. There's no evidence that I tried to put on lip gloss at all. I dunno, maybe i just have lips that products don't like to stay on, or something like that. i just can't for the life of me figure out why this product doesn't last at all with so many others loving it. The other issue for me is the stickiness. It sticks to my hair all the time and makes my hair absolutely gross. I dunno, i guess you could try it, but just know it doesn't last at all, so probably just start with one. My favorite color is Goddess though, so I would recommend that one.

on 3/7/2010 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Before I begin, I must say that I only paid 50 cents for this lip gloss, so I wasn't expecting too much. Watermelon is the best color of the four that I purchased. I wish that it looked as good on me as the "lips" pictured here. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with my skin coloring ~ it's too pink for me. It has lots of shimmer and shine, but it's still very tacky. The smell leaves much to be desired too.

Be sure to use a lip liner or this stuff will end up all over your face ~ it's quite embarrassing. If you want a cheap lip gloss, I recommend the e.l.f. Luscious Lipstick instead. I will not buy this product again...

on 3/31/2010 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't stand the strong sickly-sweet smell. It also doesn't seem to last very long. I know, what do you expect for $1? But even at that price, I would not repurchase.