Trader Joe's Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

CURRENT FORMULA (2014-present): Purified water, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, citric acid, tocopherol (Vitamin E), dimethicone, argan oil, organic rosemary extract, organic valencia orange citrus, organic mango, organic lemongrass, organic ginko biloba, organic echinacea, organic willowbark, organic sea kelp, organic chamomille flower, organic textured soy protein, organic lavender, organic grapefruit citrus, tocopherol (Vitamin E), acetamide MEA, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, fragrance.

on 7/29/2009 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair type - 4B non-relaxed color treated dry afro textured

This is my HG multipurpose conditioner. Excellent slip, very moisturizing, the tangles just melt away. Smells good. My many uses:

1. add grapeseed & castor oils with gylcerin as a leave in.
2. co-wash
3. deep conditioner (with or w/o heat)
4. shave cream

$3 usd, it some protein but it's far down on the list.

on 7/18/2009 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I have fairly healthy hair which I dye regularly. This conditioner works well, it moisturizer my hair and keeps it soft and shiny. As others have mentioned, it does contain parabens...I may not repurchase because of this. Too bad, it's a great conditioner at a great price ($3).

the price on this conditioner is spectacular [$2-3] for one that contains so many natural ingredients. ironically, it contains methlyparaben & propylparaben at the end of the ingredients list. if you anti-parabens this may not be for you. for reference my hair is around 12" long, tightly coiled and prone to dryness and tangles. this conditioner is marvelous for detangling sessions. i dampen my hair, slather this on, and get to combing. with this, the comb/brush glides through my hair. i then rinse and continue on to my regular wash & condition. when i'm done my hair is moist and nicely detangled. this conditioner is also good for conditioner washes/no shampoo routines. i love this stuff and would most definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've waited until I've nearly finished a bottle of this conditioner to really give a solid opinion on it. And that opinion is---I LOVE IT! Potentially my HG conditioner. The texture is amazing; it feels thick and creamy, and sinks into your hair like butter without weighing your hair down or making it greasy. It rinses cleanly and makes my hair shiny, fluffy and frizz-free. It smells delicious, like a spa treatment (hence the name, I think!).

All that for $3/500ml? Yes, PLEASE!

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This did nothing at all for my dry thick hair. While this isn't drying it's also not moisturizing for me either, not anymore than the cheapest Suave would be anyways. I have been boosting by using L'Oreal nature's Therapy 3x a week also and I swear that this paired with the matching shampoo suck all of that moisture right back out. Maybe the key word here is "balancing" and with dry hair you just need straight up moisture, not "balance". I noticed that it contains citric acid, certainly not something that my hair needs on a regular basis. Maybe once a week while deep cleansing my hair, but this will certainly no longer be my daily conditioner. I will give this 3 stars only because it may be better during the Summer, or for dry hair w/ greasies, or fine hair, but certainly not for dry, thick hair in Wisconsin Winters.

on 1/4/2009 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Loooove this stuff. I co-wash, so I use a VO5 conditioner to co-wash and then this as my conditioner. It smells delicious, contains tons of good stuff for your hair, and leaves my hair silky soft and moisturized. I had been having problems with my hair being weighed down by too-thick conditioners, but this never weighs my hair down.

on 10/18/2008 5:30:00 PM

I loved this stuff! My hair is long, and often gets dry, frizzy and damaged... I have to leave conditioner in my hair for about half and hour every time I wash it. I had tried the whole "not using shampoo/conditioner" for a month and instead using baking soda and apple cider vinegar, but that didn't seem to do so much... my hair just got frizzier and more tangled.
I didn't want to use products with any chemicals/sodium laurel sulfate so I decided to try this stuff out when I went to Trader Joe's, and I love it so much!!! It's probably as good as the bumble&bumble I used to use, and no chemicals....
My only complaint is that the smell is a little plain. Not bad, just not as yummy as some shampoos/conditioners. But at least nothing obnoxious, and it smells very clean.

on 9/30/2008 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've been looking for 'cone-free conditioner, but they all cost a fortune. This however costs $2.99! And it does the job, although it's not super-moisturizing. That's okay, though, nor were any other other 'cone-free conditioners I've tried.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

FINALLY!!!!!!!!

I found my HG conditioner!!!!!!!!

I used to have the most beautiful waist-length golden blonde hair. Unfortunately, because of stress, it started changing texture (from thick and smooth into brittle frizzy cotton candy texture) and breaking off in chunks. I was eventually forced to chop it off at chin length, but even then it continued to break off. I've spend the last few years trying to get it to stop breaking so it can start growing my hair back.

I've tried everything. EVERYTHING: drugstore, high end salon brands, natural stuff, essential oils, even a horrible green mask that left my hair smelling like garlic for over a week. Biolage, k-pak, purology nanoworks, tigi, redkin, etc etc etc. None of them did much of anything. I used ShiKai for a while, which finally gave me very positive effects and made my hair stop breaking and I've been able to grow it to just past shoulder length so far, but after a while my hair started feeling dry and brittle again.

I've recently found that my hair likes silicone free products so I decided to try Trader Joe's Nourish conditioner after reading all the positive reviews. WOW!!!!!! I can't believe how soft and touchable my hair is! The ends don't look parched! It doesn't break off at the slightest tug!!! I was tempted to review it after the first time using it, but I like to wait a few weeks before I review anything. Several weeks later, this is still as wonderful as it was the first time I used it.

I use it in conjunction with the matching shampoo, which is also wonderful (and free of harsh detergents btw). It's white coloured, thick and creamy without being heavy. It smells like heaven! I don't usually care for fruity scents, but this is so light and pleasant and refreshing. It's rather melon-scented with a touch of green and an aquatic finish (i know that sounds a little weird, but i could seriously sit around and just smell this stuff).

It provides a wonderful slip, especially considering it's silicone free. It has plenty of wonderful natural ingredients and leaves my hair looking and feeling moisturized, soft, bouncy, and shiny. my SO can't stop touching it and neither can I. I haven't had touchable soft shiny hair for years.

I have a lot of hair so it feels thick, but actually the strands themselves are medium-fine and I'm amazed at how this conditioner doesn't weigh my hair down in the least.

I only wish TJ's made a deep conditioning treatment for this line, and maybe a leave in spray as well.

I use a touch of coconut oil on the ends if I need an extra touch of moisture (also a miracle product). I will continue to use this and update if there are any changes.

plus, it's only $3 a bottle!!!!!!! Definitely a refreshing change from the $50 a bottle for nanoworks.

on 7/9/2008 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This conditioner is wonderful! It's inexpensive, moisturizes my dry, kinky-curly hair! I washed my hair and used this conditioner, because I didn't have time to deep condition. My hair was super soft and moisturized!! Definitely an HG conditioner and it has nothing but good for your hair ingredients!!