beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

on 10/13/2016 7:19:00 PM

I had one of these when they came out years ago. They were selling them at my hair salon so I purchased one. I loved it and used it all the time. Then I got into using brushes for a while and didn't use the bb. Finally I said let me get a new one as I have some heavier coverage foundations I'd like to try it with. Turns out I still love it years later. It really does blend makeup seamlessly. The dupes in my case don't compare to the original. I've tried using others but I always go back to the beautyblender. It's pricey but it imo blends foundation flawlessly. I especially love to use it with the NARS All Day Luminous wear foundation. It applies it like a dream and it looks so natural when I use this. So as someone who had this from back in the day to now I still think it's a great tool and I wouldn't be without it. Recommended.

on 10/9/2016 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Yas is all I can say

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yes, the Beautyblender sponge seems crazy expensive. But that's because it's been made with unicorn tears that will melt your foundation perfectly into your skin.

Okay, so maybe there are no unicorn tears but the sponge has truly changed my makeup routine. I've also tried the Real Techniques sponge, which is good but it just doesn't blend as smoothly, easily or as quickly as the Beautyblender.

Pros:
- leave a very smooth, even finish to your foundation and concealer. Easy to blend out around the jaw line and really presses foundation into the skin more a more natural look
- no streak marks like you get with some brushes
- Stops foundation from looking heavy on the skin
- It's quick to use and easy to wash/maintain

Cons:
- Price...but it's worth it

I won't be without one of these in my makeup arsenal from now on.

on 10/1/2016 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I purchased this about 2 weeks ago, and so far it's been working quite well. It blends in my foundation quite well, without soaking too much of my foundation. However, with cleansing it daily, you must be very careful and use only paper towels. I used a regular towel yesterday to clean it because i was out of paper towels and managed to cause a small amount of flaking on the sponge (not overly so that I'd need a new one, but enough for me to be careful about using that area). Overall, it's a solid product.

Yes it is a convenient tool to have but I probably wouldn't repurchase again, because I have done a comparisons between this and just using clean fingers the results are the same if not better. With fingers you can even get more control and less products to apply foundation or other cream products. So I wouldn't say it's a essential product especially for the price tag.

on 9/18/2016 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had the Shiseido sponge for a while and I liked it better. I felt like it was soaking up less product, and that it was blending it smoother than the Beauty Blender. However, this sponge is still nice. It blends products flawlessly and it gives a beautiful finish. I'm kind of on the fence for this product. It's soaking up too much product to be a holy grail for me, even if I soak it up with water first.

on 9/14/2016 10:13:00 PM

OMG BEAUTY BLENDER WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE

After years of watching YT beauty gurus use their BBs and never really being able to get a hold of one in the UK. I saw one about 3 months in Boots (UK) and I had to have her then and there. It was about £15 and worth every penny.

I thought I was happy with my RT sponge, I wasn't. Beauty Blender has kicked the rt sponge into my work makeup bag.

BB applies even bad foundations well. I clean it about once a week and it still is coming out clean.

HG

I finally caved in and decided to try it for myself. Ladies, the hype is real! This will make your average, cheapo, or even the so-so foundations look really good! I've used this with both high-end & inexpensive products and they both looked topnotch. The technique is to let the sponge absorb as much water as possible and then gently squeeze the excess before using it. Bouncing and stippling motion are preferred. Don't swipe unless you want to use it to correct makeup snafus. The accompanying solid cleanser is good and gets all the stains out in a jiffy. Don't panic if you see some of the pink dye getting washed off. Make sure to dry the sponge in a well-ventilated area to prevent mold. This is expensive initially, but with proper care, it will last a long time and this works for a variety of products too, so this is a worthy investment.

on 8/24/2016 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like the teardrop shape of this product, It does a good job blending my foundation. I prefer it over the brushes I was using before. I've also tried the Beauty Blender minis, which are cute too. Overall a must have a great addition to your brush collection!

For a few years I was fine using my RT sponge, and I liked it, thinking "ain't gonna spend twice as much on a prettier one!". But eventually my curiosity (and love for pink) won. So did the beauty blender when I compared both.
I especially love the shape- the RT one doesn't have that sharp pointed tip that turned out to be a godsend for me! I apply my foundation not holding the tip, but with the side of the sponge. It makes it so easy to reach every part of my face, esp the inner corner of my eyes (I have deep set eyes and RT sponge' tip was not "pointy" enough). I also feel like it soaks up less product.
Obviously ever since I started using makeup sponges I cannot apply foundation with my fingers anymore- the BB gives such a seamless finish its addicting!
I've recommended it to my mom and she prefers it over RT sponge too! Give it a try- I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools