beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Pros: Really does blend products amazing, love using it for under eye concealer and for pigmented cream blushes to get a flawless finish.

Cons: Seems to be impossible to get clean, I wash it over and over again and there are still foundation stains on the sponge, runs pink dye every time I wash it.
Soaks up a lot of foundation and concealer giving a sheerer coverage on the face, which is fine till you actually want a full coverage look.

At $30 I wont be repurchasing this product again.

I have the white beauty blender and I love it! I enjoy using brushes but different foundations work better with different tools. I love the coverage and overall look I get when I apply my Marc Jacobs Gel Foundation with my BB. I keep mine super white by placing it in a cup full of soapy (Dawn) water over night. All the foundation is cleaned out and settles into the bottom of the cup and it looks good as new.

on 8/12/2016 9:17:00 AM

I like this sponge. My gf got it for me as a present and I must say I like it. I apply liquid foundation with it and it does make your foundation go on nicely, well buffed and we'll blended.

As much as I love this sponge, at the end of the day I am prefer my $2 ebay kabuki brush to blend my foundation and concealer out.

I find the beauty blender has only 2 cons. 1. Cleaning it until it is pink again involves soaking it overnight with soap, but you're are guaranteed a pink sponge after. 2. Because it is a sponge it soaks up more product so you have to use more product.

I still think this is a great tool, but I think people are either sponge or brush people. I definitely prefer my brush more.

on 8/8/2016 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

this is a holy grail product

on 8/4/2016 12:42:00 PM

Let me first say, this is a holy grail product. This thing can blend ANYTHING!!! I got this and thought it looked smaller in person, but I forgot to use logic(it expands when you soak it) but I bought it anyway. In my opinion, $20 is a lot for a sponge, but it was so worth the price. Plus if you clean it regularly, it well definitely last longer, like up to six months.

KEEP THE CONTAINER! It is so handy if you travel. Just stick your Beautyblender in the tube n your good to go. It is also good for drying your sponge for after you use it. I found this blended my foundation as well as my cc cream, and my concealer. I have never found a brush that was "do it all".

Pros: can blend ANYTHING
Super easy to use, foolproof
Small, good for travel(remember, gets bigger when damp)
Is good for larger areas and small ones.

Cons: might be difficult to clean, depending on how you clean it.
Price(but was worth it)

I totally recommend! Nothing compares. sorry real techniques, I still love you. Yes it is pricey for a sponge but there ain't nothing better. Hands down the only makeup tool I need for face makeup.

Holy grail for sure. Been using this for years and there is just no dupe that performes just as good as the beautyblender and is just as soft & bouncy. I am using the black one. I like that there are different shades to pick. It is pricey though.

on 7/30/2016 12:33:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I tried a dupe first and it was very hard and did not work for me even after wetting it. After having a salesperson use one when applying a bb cream, I decided to purchase one. I am glad that I did. I now prefer it to brushes, even when applying a powder blush. As far as cleaning it, I found that washing it with a gentle cleanser and thoroughly rinsing it, did not remove the makeup. I now swipe it on a makeup remover towelette until it no longer leaves a streak, than I wash it and let it air dry. That may shorten the lifetime but it works and I will repurchase when it wears out. I am all for saving money but am willing to spend more on products that work better for me.

on 7/30/2016 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good, reliable basic tool. I don't really use foundation but I use this daily for everything else: bb cream, concealer and powder. It does the job nicely, it feels good on the skin and so far it's been durable and super easy to clean. It takes just one quick wash with soap for me.
Yes, it is really expensive. I'm not sure I'd call it life changing for me personally, but for people who use foundation daily it may be. I would say it has elevated my makeup routine but it hasn't absulutely transformed it. I think it's nice to have but I'm reluctant to say it's an absolute necessity.

on 7/26/2016 8:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is fantastic, makeup always looks fantastic. The closest dupe to this is the real techniques but I still think this is a whole lot better. I was sceptical and the price turned me off for a while but this sponge is amazing and I even got my mom hooked on it and she always just used her hands and did the bare minimum

on 7/19/2016 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this product but feel some of the knock off/other versions are just as good. As much as I like it, I won't replace it for $20 once it dies. The Real Techniques are fabulous and 1/5 the cost, and there are other versions on Amazon and in drugstores that perform the same in my experience. So, as much as I enjoy the product, I feel a little ripped off by the price tag, given that competitors do the SAME job.

That said, it does perform well. I use it with BB creams, tinted moisturizer, concealer, loose powder - it does a lovely job.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools