beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

on 8/8/2016 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

this is a holy grail product

on 8/4/2016 12:42:00 PM

Let me first say, this is a holy grail product. This thing can blend ANYTHING!!! I got this and thought it looked smaller in person, but I forgot to use logic(it expands when you soak it) but I bought it anyway. In my opinion, $20 is a lot for a sponge, but it was so worth the price. Plus if you clean it regularly, it well definitely last longer, like up to six months.

KEEP THE CONTAINER! It is so handy if you travel. Just stick your Beautyblender in the tube n your good to go. It is also good for drying your sponge for after you use it. I found this blended my foundation as well as my cc cream, and my concealer. I have never found a brush that was "do it all".

Pros: can blend ANYTHING
Super easy to use, foolproof
Small, good for travel(remember, gets bigger when damp)
Is good for larger areas and small ones.

Cons: might be difficult to clean, depending on how you clean it.
Price(but was worth it)

I totally recommend! Nothing compares. sorry real techniques, I still love you. Yes it is pricey for a sponge but there ain't nothing better. Hands down the only makeup tool I need for face makeup.

Holy grail for sure. Been using this for years and there is just no dupe that performes just as good as the beautyblender and is just as soft & bouncy. I am using the black one. I like that there are different shades to pick. It is pricey though.

on 7/30/2016 12:33:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I tried a dupe first and it was very hard and did not work for me even after wetting it. After having a salesperson use one when applying a bb cream, I decided to purchase one. I am glad that I did. I now prefer it to brushes, even when applying a powder blush. As far as cleaning it, I found that washing it with a gentle cleanser and thoroughly rinsing it, did not remove the makeup. I now swipe it on a makeup remover towelette until it no longer leaves a streak, than I wash it and let it air dry. That may shorten the lifetime but it works and I will repurchase when it wears out. I am all for saving money but am willing to spend more on products that work better for me.

on 7/30/2016 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good, reliable basic tool. I don't really use foundation but I use this daily for everything else: bb cream, concealer and powder. It does the job nicely, it feels good on the skin and so far it's been durable and super easy to clean. It takes just one quick wash with soap for me.
Yes, it is really expensive. I'm not sure I'd call it life changing for me personally, but for people who use foundation daily it may be. I would say it has elevated my makeup routine but it hasn't absulutely transformed it. I think it's nice to have but I'm reluctant to say it's an absolute necessity.

on 7/26/2016 8:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is fantastic, makeup always looks fantastic. The closest dupe to this is the real techniques but I still think this is a whole lot better. I was sceptical and the price turned me off for a while but this sponge is amazing and I even got my mom hooked on it and she always just used her hands and did the bare minimum

on 7/19/2016 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this product but feel some of the knock off/other versions are just as good. As much as I like it, I won't replace it for $20 once it dies. The Real Techniques are fabulous and 1/5 the cost, and there are other versions on Amazon and in drugstores that perform the same in my experience. So, as much as I enjoy the product, I feel a little ripped off by the price tag, given that competitors do the SAME job.

That said, it does perform well. I use it with BB creams, tinted moisturizer, concealer, loose powder - it does a lovely job.

I hated and loved this cute sponge. I'm still torn whether it's a miracle tool or just a hyped, expensive makeup egg. I decided after years of using and researching that this deserves 5 lips for the product itself, but the lowest rating for the price which is outrageous. I just give my opinion because there are tons of tips and tutorials. The finish is close enough to airbrush, but not the same (I have the Temptu Air and some airbrush makeup). Yet it's the best makeup tool to avoid a cake face and it gives you an amazing finish. I used dupes from drugstores (too hard, but they suck less product) and the RT Miracle Sponge/Diamond Sponge (materials are disgusting, suck more product, stains are harder to remove and they tear apart more easily) but none of them comes close to the one which started it all: The original pink beautyblender.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was skeptical of this at first but it really impressed me. I don't know how, but it really does seem to help my makeup apply better and has a better finish than just using fingers or a foundation brush. I use Estee Lauder Maximum Cover Foundation, which is really high coverage. The BB helps it look better and I can control the finish better. I've been using mine for about six months and it seems to be holding up well, except for a small tear on the end. I would repurchase because I like it so much.

on 7/13/2016 4:49:00 PM

My first one recently broke into two pieces so I bought a new one with a cleanser, because I thought that because of cleaning it with the wrong product caused it to break. I now find that it doesn't make any difference, it is just as easy to clean with a baby shampoo. Anyways I prefer it over a brush and use it every day, definitely a HG product for me.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools