beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

on 7/30/2016 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good, reliable basic tool. I don't really use foundation but I use this daily for everything else: bb cream, concealer and powder. It does the job nicely, it feels good on the skin and so far it's been durable and super easy to clean. It takes just one quick wash with soap for me.
Yes, it is really expensive. I'm not sure I'd call it life changing for me personally, but for people who use foundation daily it may be. I would say it has elevated my makeup routine but it hasn't absulutely transformed it. I think it's nice to have but I'm reluctant to say it's an absolute necessity.

on 7/26/2016 8:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is fantastic, makeup always looks fantastic. The closest dupe to this is the real techniques but I still think this is a whole lot better. I was sceptical and the price turned me off for a while but this sponge is amazing and I even got my mom hooked on it and she always just used her hands and did the bare minimum

on 7/19/2016 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this product but feel some of the knock off/other versions are just as good. As much as I like it, I won't replace it for $20 once it dies. The Real Techniques are fabulous and 1/5 the cost, and there are other versions on Amazon and in drugstores that perform the same in my experience. So, as much as I enjoy the product, I feel a little ripped off by the price tag, given that competitors do the SAME job.

That said, it does perform well. I use it with BB creams, tinted moisturizer, concealer, loose powder - it does a lovely job.

It's true, this cute sponge gives you the most flawless complexion you can achieve with your foundation. No streaks, no cakes hints. I can blend all my foundations and other makeup products without spending too much time.
But! it also sucks your product. That's normal, I guess since it's a sponge. And without being damp you wouldn't get the flawless dewy complexion.
If it doesn't work well for you then don't towel dry it. It helped me alot when I had problems with blending.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was skeptical of this at first but it really impressed me. I don't know how, but it really does seem to help my makeup apply better and has a better finish than just using fingers or a foundation brush. I use Estee Lauder Maximum Cover Foundation, which is really high coverage. The BB helps it look better and I can control the finish better. I've been using mine for about six months and it seems to be holding up well, except for a small tear on the end. I would repurchase because I like it so much.

on 7/13/2016 4:49:00 PM

My first one recently broke into two pieces so I bought a new one with a cleanser, because I thought that because of cleaning it with the wrong product caused it to break. I now find that it doesn't make any difference, it is just as easy to clean with a baby shampoo. Anyways I prefer it over a brush and use it every day, definitely a HG product for me.

Yes it's the best sponge applicator out there, regardless of the gazillion dupes nothing will compare to the beauty blender. The rating is because I'm a brush type of person I feel like using a sponge sheers out and foundation and wastes products. And too much hand work you feel me?

on 7/11/2016 8:14:00 AM

So, I got sucked into the hype and after seeing the BB in a gazillion different makeup tutorials, decided to purchase the dragon egg. I had huge expectations.. it's never too good to expect miracles :)
Now, I'm not saying that this is a bad product. It's soft, consistent, feels good on the skin, bounces like a ping pong ball... but it is not the perfect product for me. I'm a stipple brush person. And it seems I'll always be one. It does not seem to me that I get the same airbrushed look with the BB. So I decided not to use it for foundation. I've tried it with several types of foundation ad with my BB cream so you can say that I have really given it a shot.
Now I only use it for blending concealer, contour, highlighter and similar stuff (basically, anything that needs to be blended :) )
Since i do not use it on an everyday basis, the price seems a bit high. I do recommend it if you do a contour or heavy concealer every day.
Now after trying it out, I'm not sure that I will repurchase... I will just try to prolong the life of the one I have to it's maximum... and then maybe try a cheaper version.

I bought this before I tried the real techniques sponge... man, this sponge is a disappointment. It is more dense and the surface is kinda coarser than the RT sponge, hence it kinda produce this weird, coarse texture on the skin while the RT provides more smooth, airbrushed look. Besides that, the RT sponge is larger and have a flat surface which makes blending foundation easier and faster than BB sponge... Considering BB price is twice the RT ones, this sponge definitely not worth buying.... And the hype

on 7/2/2016 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So I finally caved in and bought this after having gone through several RT sponges.
And I don't love it.
It is a lot firmer than the RT sponge imo and also smaller. I felt it works nicely for my cream concealer and the point side gets into my eye area better than the RT sponge, but i usually use a brush which I LOVE (thank you zoeva concealer buffer!!!!) for that.
I use a spong mainly for mu application and this was just so...meh. It was okayish but not for the price tag and the hype. It gave me quite a thick finish which I do not like. The RT sponge gives me a so much lighter and even finish looking so much more natural.

I'm almost thinking about returning this. Why bother with it when there's a SO MUCH CHEAPER and better sponge out there?

I really wanted to love this but maybe my expectations were too high because I had already found the right product for me.

I might get the tiny BB though and see if that'll be nice for undereye and around the nose concealer.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools