beautyblender the sponge

4.4

on 11/19/2016 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Until recently I have used the Pro (black) version of the BB and it is second choice to my Real Techniques sponge because it simply does a better job and is about 100 times easier to clean than the BB. With the pro version you can't see staining nearly as much as the original version and that is my number one complaint about this. No matter what technique I use to clean it nothing removes stains from this thing and I find it soaks up so much more product than the RT sponge as well. Maybe I got a dud but it also developed a tear after the first use which p*ssed me off to no end! Washing it resulted in a crap ton of pink dye rinsing out into my sink - WTF is that all about? No other sponge has done this. Seriously, I don't know what happened here but for the price I can't justify ever investing in another one of these sponges. I don't feel like the finish of my foundation is better using BB than using either the pro version or the RT sponge. And considering I can buy 4 RT sponges for the price of one BB...

I sincerely hope that anyone purchasing this very expensive sponge doesn't have any of the issues I spoke of. I know I am in the minority with my opinion about the original beauty blender and obviously I bought this hoping to have the great experience that many others had, but alas this was not the case. :(

on 11/14/2016 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The best invention ever it transformed my preception of flawless foundation

on 11/14/2016 4:04:00 AM

At first I was hesitant to spend over $20 for a make up sponge that you're meant to throw out after a few months but now I don't question the price tag at all. It can make a full coverage foundation just melt into your skin and you still get the coverage but no 'cake face'. Highly highly recommend spending the money and even though they recommend throwing it out after 3 months, if you wash it regularly and take care of it you can keep it longer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an amazing sponge which blends everything so flawlessly, especially foundation and concealer! I love how it can be used with any cream products. Even though it Is quite expensive, I think it justifies the price!

on 11/14/2016 12:43:00 AM

So absolutely amazing. I had my doubts and had used knock off sponges before but this is completely different. It doesn't sheer it out my foundation too much and it just blends makeup like a dream.

on 11/9/2016 5:45:00 PM

I wouldn't use anything else but this to apply my concealer ! It's s HG product , a must have !

on 11/9/2016 6:49:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Absolutely love this sponge! Definitely gives me the super natural skin-like effect and beats all the other brushes and sponges for me. Decided to use this when my skin was getting drier and flaky during winter, which makes applying my base a mess and super difficult. This sponge works wonders, super bouncy, and feels really soft against my skin. I'm not sure if this happens to other people, but I have a rather sensitive skin in a sense that the foundation brushes make me itch. I've also tried the RT sponge before (which I wrote a review on it as well), and personally, I feel the BB outperforms the RT sponge, The only gripe I have about this product is that it is quite expensive and it lasts only 2-3 months. However, I would definitely repurchase!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

makes my concealer and foundation look flawless, way better than most brushes i've tried

on 10/24/2016 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

As much as I love my Beauty Blender, It sometimes is a pain removing the stains on the actual blender even when I am using its branded soap or shampoo. It can be quite fragile. I have to be careful when cleaning and using it.
I prefer using it damp and use a patting motion to blend my products. Dry...not so much.
That being said, I'm not sure what I did before they invented this thing.....

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There will always be controversy over this because of the price; a lot of people cannot rationalize spending $20+ on a sponge, and I definitely sympathize with that line of thinking, but this is one of those times I had to just swallow hard and bite the bullet.

After all, we have no problem spending that kind of money on a makeup brush, or a lipstick, and those might not even get as much daily use as this does. I am not sure how well these hold up on a long-term basis; I have had mine for about a month and it is still in perfect condition. Before this I was using the NYX blender which is cheaper and I can recommend to you, but this blender is a bit softer and bouncier.

If you're looking for the ultimate makeup tool that will simplify your routine and take foundation/concealer/contour application to the next level, this is the final frontier. I can't even tell you how much better and smoother everything looks since I threw this in the mix. I even use this to pick up powder and "bake" my undereye, forehead and Cupid's bow areas. It goes without saying, if you want the most bang for your buck, this must be used dampened.

So, that's that. I spent $20 on a freaking sponge and it was maybe the best beauty decision I've made in a decade. It's one of those things you really have to just experience for yourself, but it gets my vote.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools