beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

on 2/10/2017 2:49:00 AM

This product is a MUST HAVE. Don't waste your time with the knock offs, nothing else can blend like the original beauty blender or give me a flawless, beautiful finish

Like many, I avoided buying this for a while. I finally caved when I found a bundle deal at The Makeup Show in NYC. I'm in love. Absolutely in love. I use this in combination with a paddle brush to apply my foundation and contour. It is wonderful at giving me as flawless a finish as I can get on my aging, problematic skin. I'd buy this again, but I do wish it were a little less expensive.

I was avoiding purchasing this for about a year and a half because of its price. And I've been trying dupes in the meanwhile. However, I just couldn't resist the urge anymore.
The hype is real, as no other sponge I've tried compares to this. I used to think all sponges were the same, because it's only a sponge after all. But I studied the topic and realized that this sponge has an "open cell structure" technology that the brand claims is unique and that I assume is copyrighted, so the other dupes can't come close to it. And from experience I can say it's true, from observing the following:
- It's so much softer than other dupes
- Very easy to clean compared to dupes
- Doesn't absorb much product as other dupes
I use the BB mainly for applying CONCEALERS and high coverage foundations which normally look cakey if applied with a brush. The BB reduces the texture left by high coverage foundations (in my case, my HG high coverage is Inglot HD foundation) and improves their appearance on the skin. As for light to medium coverage foundations (in my case my HG light coverage foundation is the Bourjois Healthy mix/radiance reveal foundation) I still prefer applying them with a brush because, even the one and only BB will absorb most of it. But I really adore the BB for concealer application. I wash it with dish washer and olive oil after every application and it's still not stained!
I give it 4 lippies because of its high price, but i understand why it's pricey. Being a copyright product with that "unique" technology. But if you ask me if it really makes a difference being the original BB, my answer is yes.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Love my beauty blender! I have tried knock off brands that do work but not as well. It is very soft and gets into every corner of my face. Leaves my skin poreless. I knocked off one Lip due to the price and that I find it harder to clean than other off brand Beaty blenders I have used.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Let me get this out of the way. I.LOVE.BEAUTY.BLENDERS. I agree that the price is a little over the top for a sponge but the results I get are absolutely flawless. The way I use this is to hold it under running tap water and squeeze, squeeze, squeeze until it has doubled in size. I then squeeze out as much water as I can before squeezing it into a towel to soak up any extra moisture. I am left with a sponge that is perfectly damp and blends my makeup to sheer perfection. I have used the dupe to the Artis brush and found that I, personally, enjoy the look of my foundation when I use the beauty blender. That is because I have combination skin so when I run the brush across my face it lifts up and dry patches and looks gross and scaley. With this it presses the product into my face and give enough moisture to my scaley bits that they do not become noticable. If you have the means, I highly recommend this product. Also, I do not use the recommended beauty blender cleanser. I use Zote to clean my beauty blender and I think it cleans it just as well. It is only $1 and you can find it at Walmart.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I do like the sponge BUT if you have large pores a brush works better tbh. It leaves little mini holes on my face unless i blend a long time. It gives a nice result and it looks natural. I also do not like that it's hard to clean.

on 1/25/2017 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Applies foundation in a second, looks natural. What else do I need? I would forever use it.

i use a drugstore brand bc they are cheaper and it works just as good. but I do have to admit that the bb was the brand that started this trend and this type of products gives your makeup the best finish possible. airbrushed look w absolutely no streaks or uneven areas

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've had my eye on the beauty blender for a while now as I didn't want to pay $30AUD for a makeup sponge and I already had the old school triangle sponges, the real technique and every other $2 beauty blender dupes under the sun. After reading all the good reviews I finally caved in and just bought it and wow it really is worth the hype that's for sure! I can't believe I have been missing out this whole time!!! It isn't like any of my other sponges I've used over the years it is so soft and squishy especially after running it under water and squeezing the excess out. And the flawless finish it gives you every time... please don't let the price scare you like someone else mentioned in the reviews because it is well worth it and a great tool to add to your makeup bag.

on 1/15/2017 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I've tried the pro version of the beauty blender as well but the original doesn't seem as durable as the pro version. Still great though.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools