beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

on 6/11/2011 6:47:00 PM

I read all of the reviews before finally buying this product, and I must say all of the positive reviews are right! It does a great job of providing coverage with thin foundation to thick foundation. One thing I will say though is I'm not actually a fan of dipping it in water first and then using it. I have found that this usually reacts with whatever makeup I'm using and makes it splotchy. Although I'm still on a hunt to find a good primer that won't break out my skin, so maybe that's the next step too! Overall is this a HG product, probably not one of mine (hard to tell a difference between this and using my fingers) but it's great for the under eye area and supplies great precesion

on 6/26/2011 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought a pack of 2 just to see what the hype is all about. Yes, it does a good job of putting on liquid or cream fdn using a stamping motion on the skin. I find I can do the same with other latex sponge of various shapes using the same stamping motion. The Beautyblender is a denser sponge as compared to other latex sponge. The tip does not work for the inner corner of the eyes and the bag area no matter what, it just doesn't get there, a concealer brush does a much much better job.
For the crazy price Beautyblender charge, it is totally not worth it.

on 7/28/2011 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love! I no longer use any brush on my face (except for a powder brush to set my makeup in the end and eyeshadow brushes). This is all I need. it leaves my face look flawless! My ONLY complaint would be that it tends to waste alot of my Palladio foundation. Luckily, my foundation isn't expensive :p but other than that, I would definitely repurchase. What I like to do is swirl my sponge into my foundation and then spray It with my MAC fix + for a SUPER flawless look :)

on 8/3/2011 10:28:00 PM

AMAZING! I was so skeptical about a $20 sponge, but was looking for a new way to apply foundation in the summertime where I want a lighter touch. This thing is awesome. It truly blends and smooths liquid foundation and concealer perfectly and since I dampen it as directed, it leaves a nice dewiness to the skin, not powdery or matte at all. The narrow point is perfect for corners of eyes and around the nose and the wider end is just the right size to press and roll around your face to finish. I didn't buy the cleanser; I just use baby shampoo after each use. I wish there was a better way to store this than the cheapo plastic case it comes in, but it's no biggie. LOVE and recommend!!!!

on 8/15/2011 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've just gotten into makeup and I follow a few makeup artist online. One is Sam fine. He always uses sponges. I've seen his celebrity faces that he's done and I wanted that look as well. But I personally didn't want to purchase so many sponges every certain amount of time. So when Fine recommended this I decided to check it out. I was skeptical at first, but when I read that one reviewer on Sephora has the same beauty blender sponge for a year I was sold.

This is a high quality sponge. I can clearly tell the difference between a cheap sponge from the drugstore and this sponge. I frankly don't think this waste product, I only use a 2 swipes of my cream foundation and I can use it all over my face. The sponge I think is great for controlling how much product you use. If I need more, I just simply squeeze the sponge.

Don't waste your time purchasing the cleaner, Dawn liquid soap works just fine. This gives a flawless and natural face and the texture and the shape are agreeable with the skin and face. People couldn't even tell I was wearing a full coverage foundation.

My only disappointment is that there are tears in the sponge. It's prompted me to be a lot more careful and it hasn't effect the way concealer or foundation is applied in my opinion. I'm not surprised, I have been using it for months practically everyday.

Another thing to watch out for is that it can get misshaped. I was traveling when I notice that. However, once I applied some water it may have had the lumpy shape but it stilled applied well. After using it a second or third rise time the sponge would reshape again.

Skin: Other, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was not prepared to fork out $20 for a sponge, so i researched the product, read all the reviews, watched all the tutorials. Then i saw Mario Dedivanovic using it on Kim K and i was sold! What a brilliant investment! This is now my HG. I love love love the flawless finish it provides. With my acne scarring i tend to load on the concealer...but with this little gem i can use a little product and blend away an voila i look flawless. Not one of my brushes can blend out my It Cosmetics bye bye under eye concealer....but this little egg can! I will def repurchase!

I just started using the BeautyBlender and already I can say i love how it made my makeup look. I tried it dry but did notice i needed more foundation to cover my face (1 pump and a 1/2) when used damp i only used 1/2 of 1 pump for my entire face! that less than i've used with a regular damp sponge! i really like this product. I'm sold!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is the best sponge I have ever used. I bought it online at $17 for two over here in Australia. Which us awesome because they're normally $20 for just one! I love how it expands when wet and it feels soo nice and soft. Make up goes on like a dream. I definitely won't be wasting my money on buying more regular sponges or foundation brushes when this fabulous little pink sponge does a much better job for a range of makeup products! I will definitely be repurchasing once both of them have worn out.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this for a few months now. If you're going to buy the sponge, you might as well bite the bullet and purchase the cleanser as well - that'll save you from your woes when you can't get the foundation off it. As a professional makeup artist, this is a really great tool to have. I use it when I want a flawless look for my own face - so I guess you can say that it's worth the steep price! I bought mine here in Canada online at ebeauty.ca. You can buy the sponge and cleanser together to save money. I'd definitely recommend this sponge. It's not super popular in Canada yet but I have a feeling it will be soon!

on 10/4/2011 12:06:00 AM

I first heard of this sponge after seeing a YouTube video of Kim K's makeup routine. I hesitated to buy it because I feel Kim K is a worthless human being, but eventually I started seeing buzz about it on various blogs and eventually MUA. I finally bit the bullet a few weeks ago and bought one.

Now, I too have gorgeous airbrushed-looking skin and I didn't even have to make an adult tape with a C-list R&B singer!

Yes, the BeautyBlender is expensive. Almost exorbitantly so, if you think about the cost of raw materials to make just one tiny sponge, but I've never been able to apply foundation and concealer so flawlessly, and gotten so many compliments on my skin (even though I used it with the same foundation I've been using for years!). Seriously - I have some terrible vices that wreak havoc on my skin - namely bourbon and Camel Lights - and if I put on my foundation with the BeautyBlender, no one can tell! It's that good.

It's design is simple but ingenious, and soft enough to blend out any stippling, even around the eyes and nose. I'd go into detail about how to apply, but there are several other reviews that do so, as well as an official BeautyBlender video on YouTube. If you choose to purchase it (and you should), take a look!

I'll continue to buy these over and over again. I can't imagine putting on my foundation without one.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools