beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I don't know how helpful this review will be, as I've just received this from a swap and have only had it for a few days.

I've used it twice so far. The first time I ever soaked it in water, some of the pink dye came out. It wasn't a lot, but it did tint the small cup of water I had. It didn't affect how the product worked for me.

I love this sponge. It's very flexible and although tiny, it does expand to 2x its original size. The flexibility of this sponge helps blend my MakeUp Forever HD foundation with ease, especially since that particular foundation is meant for photoshoots and can feel heavy. And because the sponge is damp when I use it, I save a lot of product and it never feels cakey, almost like there's nothing there to begin with. I still get the same coverage I use with a brush, too, which is perfect.

I had a sample of the beautyBlender Cleanser to clean it with. I don't know if it was just me or if I didn't clean it the right way, but the cleanser didn't work for me. Instead, I used Cetaphil face wash since it has no scent or anything, and it's safe for sensitive skin. I didn't need a lot, but it cleaned my sponge instantly.

I am in love, and it is definitely a new staple for me.

on 4/20/2011 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This little, simple, pink sponge is awesome. I was skeptical about buying this thinking "It's a sponge with a point." and I dont think I need to even discuss the price. But with reading all the great reviews I decided to give it a go. I ordered it on Sephora & just got it yesterday afternoon. Lately, my face has been blotchy and have been breaking out (I think its due to a new face cleanser I've been using) and no matter how hard I tried to correct the blotchy-ness, I just could not achieve an even skin tone. And ladies ( & gents), you know as well as I do no matter how awesome your eye makeup is, it doesnt matter if the face is looking ugh. Today I tried the BB and....I'm amazed. This dinky thing made my face look totally even, without using alot of product! Amazed. I dont have to layer on a mass amout of foundation and concealer on my icky areas anymore. It also cut the amount of time I spend correcting my skin. Just stiple the sponge a few more times on those areas and wah-lah. This isnt a miracle product, but it's awesome and definately worth trying. I'd buy it all over again in a heart beat.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I'm definitely digging it!

on 4/24/2011 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this sponge. It really works well with my Estee Lauder double wear to make it go on smoother and look less cakey/masky. I tried the Sonia Kushak sponge first, and I liked it, but it got me wondering if this would be better, and IT IS! It is much softer than the Sonia sponge which I think makes for easier/smoother application. I bought a 2 pack on Amazon and while I feel they are expensive for what they are, I would definitely buy again. If you're debating between the two, take the $10 you were gonna spend on a Sonia sponge and apply it towards this. It's worth it! (and I'm pretty cheap) LOL

on 4/26/2011 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

After reading a lot of reviews on this, I decided to buy one for myself (when Sephora was having 15% off). It is expensive considering that you're paying for a sponge. But it is well worth the money. I have been using this for a week now to put my liquid foundation on. It just makes the foundation look like my own skin! It blends in perfectly on the skin, making the face look absolutely flawless! If you're a liquid foundation type of girl, you need to get this. It makes a big difference! (Although, I haven't tried this with powder or blush because I'm pretty happy with my stippling brushes to do that job well.)

Saw makeupbytiffanyd and makeupgeek on youtube use this, and I decided to give it a try. Got it in the mail yesterday and used it this morning and I really like the results. I used it damp as suggested and I bounce it around my face in a stippling motion. Works great with a heavier foundation (laura mercier's silk creme foundation). Gives a nice even coverage that looks very natural. I use very little product and yet it still gives good coverage to even out my skintone. What I love most about this sponge, is using it for my undereye concealer. It just blends in really well and looks more natural than a concealer brush or patting it in with my fingertips. And it doesn't take away from the coverage. Love this and won't be using anything else

on 5/9/2011 12:49:00 PM

Finally broke down and bought this..and I am SO glad i did! I've been using mineral makeup for years and was thinking about going back to liquid but hated the cakey finish you sometimes get if you use a heavier formulation for coverage. Bought the sponge, and used alittle liquid foundation that my 12 year old daughter had (very light coverage) and i couldn't believe how soft and airbrushed my skin looked..without a heavy feel or look at all! And the coverage was amazing! I ordered some MUF HD foundation (which I haven't recieved yet) and I can't wait to try it with this (since it is a heavier coverage foundation then what my daughter has) Im thinking with alittle heavier covereage foundation...Im gonna look like an airbrushed Goddess with NO imperfections lol! This sponge is great..so glad I fell for all the good reviews I read here..they were right!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this from my BFF Raena and i totally LOVE this sponge. I must admit that i never like anything like brushes or sponges..just used my fingers BUT this item make SUCH BIG difference to my make up. My skin & make up looks so much better. I LOVE it and will buy again for sure. THANK YOU RAENA

I got this from a fellow MUAer who didn't like it. I REALLY REALLY like it EXCEPT....I can't get it clean!! I use maybelline superstay makeup and it stays on the sponge like nobody's business! I use liquid soap- just bought dr bronners so maybe that will help. That being said... I love how my foundation goes on! It doesnt' seem to use more foundation than normal (others complaint). I will definitely buy this again and am so grateful to the MUAer who gave it to me to try!

on 6/1/2011 8:07:00 PM

Gotta give this little pink peep some love! I had been using Sonia Kashuk's version, at half the price, and whilst that was perfectly fine in the short term, it definitely showed wear and tear quickly and began to crumble on me. Not such a bargain in the long-term. Whilst a ridiculous wad of money for a sponge--this actually gives a more natural, skin-like finish and achieves it quicker than any foundation brush I've ever tried. I dampen it slightly and blot in a towel until it's almost dry, apply a little blob of foundation to the back of my hand and dip the BB in that; then lightly bounce it onto my skin. The pointed end is perfect for blending concealer or touching up under eyes and around the nose, chin, etc. I've successfully cleaned it with a gentle shampoo [just use less than you think you need, otherwise it takes forever to rinse the soap out.] I've been using mine for over a month and it looks brand new--anything that performs this well is a worthwhile investment, especially if like me you prefer a natural no-makeup look to your skin.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools