beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

on 11/2/2010 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product and I cannot live without it now. I hate foundation brushes. I apply foundation with it and pat my concealer in with it. I love the texture, the colour, the shape. I use it dry, I use it wet...doesn't matter which way I use it, I always get a great finish with it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this! Its amazing!! applies my foundation flawlessly!!
So quick and easy to use I could never go back to using anything else!! You literally bounce the blender on your face like you would if you were using a stippling brush!! Superb!!

on 11/8/2010 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was soooo excited to purchase this beautyblender. I found that it was extremely useless. I honestly did nothing. I had better ease apply my liquid foundation with my fingers!! I am very saddened with this product. Wanted to love it, but fell short... by a long run.

on 11/11/2010 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I so so SO wanted to love this product. I was eyeing it for ages when I saw it on sale (for half the price!!!) and jumped on it! Of course, everyone wanted it because it was on sale so it was backordered and took some time to come to me but the anticipation just made it better.

The morning after I got it, I was actually excited to get up in the morning and try my beauty blender- this almost never happens LOL. When I wet the blender, it expanded which was kind of cool. But everyone is RIGHT. It sucks up a LOT of makeup. And the coverage is sheer sheer sheer. tsk, tsk. I normally prefer a sheer, natural makeup but it was too sheer- almost to the point of looking like a tinted moisturizer. I use Georgio Armani's shaping cream foundation or Chanel's Vitalumiere. I didn't want to dip the wet blender into my cream foundation so I decided to use my Chanel (they are both really expensive foundation) and let me tell you- other gals are right. It soaked up almost 3 times the amount of foundation that I would normally use. It's all very wasteful. My heart almost breaks because I wanted to love this so much and because I waited for it for so long ::sniff::

Because I only paid half the price for two beauty blenders, I don't think I'll be returning them. I am planning to go out and buy a drugstore full coverage foundation (one that won't make me cringe every time I pump out the foundation to dip the blender in -_-) and I'll report back. Others are saying that it works well with highlighters so we'll see about that too. But for now, I give this product a two star. I am so underwhelmed with this product, I would probably not buy it again, especially at full price.

ps: Whenever I wash the blender after using it, pink water comes out along with makeup... maybe it's because i am not using the washing solution that they also sell with the blender but it bothers me to know that somehow that pink stuff is going on my skin. I only had it for a week so maybe that is why it keeps bleeding pink when I wash it... I'll report back on this as well.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is my first review on MUA but I just have to share how much i love the beautyblender. First of all, the trick is to use it properly. It may look like an ordinary sponge but you cannot and i mean CANNOT apply foundation by swiping it on with the BB. You have to bounce the foundation on. I suggest you watch the youtube videos to get it right. Second, I find that it works best with cream or powder foundation. I just dip the BB into my MAC mineralize foundation or my Bare Escentuals foundation and it gives the most flawless finish. As for liquid foundation or tinted moisturizers, I find the beauty blender works best if i dot the foundation on my face with my fingers and use the BB to blend it out. This is the one item that has replaced my foundation brush and concealer brush.

on 12/10/2010 6:58:00 PM

I love love LOVE the Beautyblender! I have many at home and I must say that this basically eliminated the use of my array of makeup brushes. This works great for any type of foundation as well as powder and cream blushes!
Just dampen the BB with a bit of water and blot out the excess, then stiple your foundation on! Leaves you looking so natural and fresh!
Clean up is a breeze as well! I bought the BlenderCleanser, however, I have found that antibacterial soap works just as great, if not better!

on 1/7/2011 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I.Love.This. I like this better than a foundation brush and slightly better than stippling brush. My foundation blends so well with this sponge whereas if i use a brush I may have streaks and sometimes when i stipple with a brush I feel like my make up is heavy and I'm using lots of product. However with this sponge I can hardly feel my make up on yet I get a pretty medium to heavy coverage. I use this with my colorstay foundation which i liked but when i used it with my beautyblender i loved my colorstay even more! I think that wetting the sponge helped me used less product and gave me the light feeling on my skin. I've already bought my 2nd one that comes with the cleanser (i had a sample of the cleanser with the first sponge and it was the only thing that could remove all foundation stains off the sponge)

Down side is it is very expensive and even more expensive because I had to pay for shipping!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I can't express my love for this product enough. It IS way over priced (after all it's only a sponge) and I wish I knew how to make my own sponge but since I can't I will continue to buy it because there is no knock off that can do the job like this...definitely one of my favs.

This is honestly the most amazing beauty creation ever!! I normally use a foundation brush (its a damp brush) and my makeup looked so ugly. I use the MAC SCULPT foundation. But as soon as I ordered this and started using it, I dont even use my foundation brush at all! This products does all the work for you. It almost looks like you have flawless skin and it blends so beautifully...It was pretty expensive considering I got it from Ebay (I'm a cheapie lol), but it's so worth it. THUMBS UP to whoever invented this product. I love putting the foundation on now.

on 2/21/2011 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I've had this sponge for about 2 months now, and while I don't use it everyday, I absolutely love it and think it's worth every penny. Depending on how I feel, I'll switch up my foundations. This sponge works best for the Revlon Colorstay foundation and the TheBalm creme foundation. I love the way I can stipple (bounce) the foundation on and build up the coverage.The finish is pretty close to flawless. You can definately sheer out the foundation for lighter coverage with this sponge. I personally like medium to full coverage and I can totally achieve that with this sponge. I do love my Sigma flat top synthetic kabuki brush and I use it, but when I wash it and while I wait for it to dry then I use this as my back up.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools