beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

on 8/2/2009 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Have also followed instructions as to how to care for the product. I don't use it everyday as it is a hassle to clean straight away. I've had it only 6 weeks and already there are obvious tears in the sponge. I think I'm better off investing in a brush. Its way to expensive to keep replacing. Though I like the dewy look I get with it for day time. I'll try the Sonia K soon see if that's a bit better....it certainly is cheaper.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

An interesting concept....my skin looks dewey and pretty flawless when I use the BB. The problem I have though is that I can achieve pretty much the same look with any other regular sponge or my 187. The BB on the other hand is expensive, doesn't last, and I am concerned about cleanliness. Not fantastic...will continue to just use my 187.

on 12/7/2009 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm in love with this sponge! Yes, it's expensive but the professional results it gives are well worth the cost. I bought a package of 2 BB sponges and BB cleanser in August. It's December and I'm still using the first sponge, which is just starting to show signs wear. I've tried using my fingers, foundation brushes & various cheaper sponges with no success. The BB sponge has made a believer in me. I get a smoothe, even, streak-free application. I use a dampened BB sponge and use the stippling technique the manufacturers suggest. I recommend you get the BB cleanser. And wash your sponge every day. It should only take a couple of minutes. t thoroughly cleanses the sponges (I've even use it for my brushes and have used it on cheap drugs store sponges).

on 12/15/2009 6:45:00 PM

The bomb! I love this sponge. I normally use my fingers or MAC's 187 brush to stipple on liquid foundation. With this sponge I literally use less than 1/2 the product I used to with the same coverage. The only downside is that I have to wash the sponge after every use, but I do the same with the 187 brush anyway. If you didnt pick up with cleanser, you can use Phil purity foam cleanser b/c it gets all the makeup out of the sponge.

Before I picked up the BB, I purchased the Sonia Kashuk purple face sponge and I like that sponge too but that dense sponge is no comparison to the light soft feel of the BB. Follow the tips, wet the sponge first and squeeze it out on a dry towel then apply foundation. Works like a charm

on 2/15/2010 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I got this sponge as a present for X-mas & I had just started using it the other day, which yes I know is crazy but I didn't know how to use it but if I would have just opened it up I would have seen the directions right in there...duh!! Lol!! But anyways, I've only used it about 3x & I really like it, after reading the directions & watching a couple videos on youtube its so simple & very multipurpose! You can use it with foundation, liquid or powder, concealer, cream blush, or just about anything!! The pointy end let's you use it in hard to reach areas & the wider end is for larger spaces. I got the one sponge with the clean which, is great also & clean up is so much quicker than cleaning regular mu brushes, I actually don't mind cleaning the sponge after every use unlike washing mu brushes where u have to pull out the shampoo & everything then let dry over night or so. Yeah, the sponge has to sit there & dry too but it seems so much faster & easier! Prior to me using this sponge I had bought the MAC 190 brush & tried that for almost a week & didn't like it at all so I just returned it & feel much more comfortable using this or my 187 brush. Yes, this sponge is a bit expensive but I recommend you getting one, it is worth it! Even though I didn't buy this one, I am gonna get another, once this one gets old because its so good!!

on 3/3/2010 7:04:00 PM

These work great. I like it better than a foundation brush. I dampen it slightly and wring it out. I dot the foundation on my face with my finger and then stipple with the sponge. I find that this method works best because if you dip a brush or sponge into the foundation it absorbs too much. I very lightly go over my face with the Sonia Kashuk highlighting brush( Mac 187 dupe) for a nice airbrushed look. I wash it after each usage with either the cleanser, soap or just hot water.

on 4/4/2010 9:09:00 PM

Great sponge, applies foundation sooooooooooooo flawlessly & with ease & precision. I don't have much more to add other than the previous reviewers who raved so highly about it. Beware Australian buyers who purchase from beautyblender.com.au - you don't get the pedistool but it come in a see through pink pouch. =(

Thank goodness I watched/read reviews of this before purchasing it.. The sponge seems so fragile when damp & I have long nails, I wash it between the palm of my hands to keep it in tack. I also stained it by pouring my colorstay directly onto the sponge rather than a separate palette. Because I was holding it with the large side up, the foundation just slided down the sponge & stained it. I wish I knew this this =(... But no big deal I guess, the product still works.

Man this sponge absorbs a crap load of product, it kind of wastes your product. Quite depressing. But whatever. I guess the pros outweighs the cons.

on 4/4/2010 10:01:00 PM

HOLY GRAIL!!! OMG! i do not know how i ever lived without this sponge! it's SO amazing!! i've been using it every single day for the past 3 months and i cannot apply my foundation any other way! I wash it with the beauty blender cleanser every morning before using it (that way it's clean and wet) i dot my foundation all over then stipple it on with this and i look like i have flawless skin! i use the pointy tip to apply concealer under my eyes and even use it to blend the concealer on my blemish spots it really helps the product sink in and settle so it looks like it's not even on there! when i tell people i have foundation on they don't believe me. i cannot live without this it is worth the $!! Its less expensive than a MAC foundation brush so it's a reasonable price. you don't need to purchase the cleanser i just got it cause it was included in the set but when i'm done with the cleanser i wont repurchase i'll just refill the cool pumper with my own liquid soap :) if you want flawless, even foundation coverage buy this without hesitation!! A++! i will buy this over and over and over again!!

-note: i purchased the Sonia Kashuk sponge before i bought this one and it ripped after the first week while i was washing it! the sonia kashuk one does NOT expand like the beauty blender does, therefore the sonia kashuk one soaks up A LOT of foundation. yes, the beauty blender is double the price of the sonia kashuk but in the long run the beauty blender helps you save foundation so you don't have to keep buying more

on 4/27/2010 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This sponge is HG status! It really does make application look flawless. I use this for liquid foundation, liquid concealer and also my MAC mineral powder for that airbrushed look. Sometimes I feel like I am cheating on my 187 and 188 brushes. I like the fact that its very sanitary since you wash it after every use.

on 4/27/2010 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love the beautyblender sponge! This sponge works like wonders! It makes my make up application flawless! Only downfall is that it stains in certain stops easily, it only last a few months, and it's expensive for a sponge! Yes, I will purchase it again, but wish it wasn't soo expensive! I mean $20 for a sponge???

Popular Misc Beauty Tools