beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This a no-brainer tool to apply foundation, no matter your makeup skills. Initially, I was excited and skeptical at the same time about it but now I can say that I love this cute pink egg!

It's super easy to use - all you have to do is to damp the sponge with water (in my opinion, it works better wet than dry), dip it in your foundation (liquid/cream that is disposed on the back of my hand or on a palette, but never directly in the pot because this is not hygienic!) and stipple, stipple, stipple. The finish is flawless because this sponge doesn't have any edges - no streaks at sight. The pointy part is great to work your foundation around your nose and apply the concealer under the eyes.

BUT - and this is why I did not gave this tool 5 lippies - I use much more product with it (2 or 3 pumps of my MUFE HD foundation vs 1 pump with my MAC 187!) and you'll also have to discard it soon or later. This cutie spongee is great but it's also very pricey when thinking that even if you wash it on a daily basis, it will not last years like a good brush would last. =(
If they were half the price, I would not hesitate to tell you to splurge, but I find it to be pretty expensive for a limited lifetime tool.

Nonetheless, my foundation never looked better than it looks now. So... Beware of the addiction! =)

on 5/6/2009 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am very happy with my beautyblender. I was skeptical when I first used it, but it does indeed work. I first used it with my Merle Norman foundation that I never wear because I can't get it on evenly without streaking. Well, I used the beautyblender, and it looked great (even though I still hate the MN foundation). It works great with foundation, concealer, and cream blushes. I have also used it for powders!! I love it!! I think it is worth the price. I don't know how long it will last though, so I'll update after a while!

on 5/14/2009 2:36:00 PM

I have two of these because I wash this everyday and takes more than a day for it to completely dry. I have to alternate between the two. I use this when I'm in a hurry if I have some time I use a MAC 187 brush. This works wonders for me which is great as I have paid quite a few bucks for a makeup sponge. This blends my foundation beautifully, settles my concealer, and great for applying cream blushes as well. One sponge will last me about 3 months and then it starts to rip here and there, breaks down and I have to return the old one (the company will recycle as the package states). I see no streaks or spots when I apply my foundation with this sponge. You just have to give it a try and compare it to any old sponges. You will see the difference (a big difference) immediately!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Finally gave in and tried this. Love the pink color, love the texture of the sponge and love the cleanser as well. I only use this for my liquid foundations and concealor since I still like using my brushes for other things. I hate foundation brushes because they streak so I have been using my fingers for the longest time. Although I had to use more foundations with the sponge, the coverage was much better and lasts much longer. I was able to get light and even airbrush coverage in about a minute. The best thing about the sponge is that I can use it wet, which helps my skin a lot since I get dry patches all the time. I will definitely repurchase and recommend to friends.

on 5/30/2009 4:09:00 PM

I heard about this product through a makeup artisits web-stie. I NEVER used sponges. I hated the smell, and the way I never got coverage with them. I always applied my foundation with my hands. I heard the warmth breaks down your foundation and makes it skin like. Even with my hands and warming rountine, my foundation always looked caked and uneven. I NEVER thought I would get that makeup artisit foundation look, EVER!!! Until this product. I bought it on sephora.com. The price is very high but believe me its worth the price!!! It beat all of my expectations. I used it for the first time and knew I just had to write a review. I use it as directed. I wet the spong, squeeze out on a towel. Then I put my foundation on my hand (key - the warming effect), then apply. Let me tell you my face looks AMAZING. Fully blended, flawless, but yet natural. Im a beauty addict and love this...try it, you will NOT be disappointed! ;-)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used to use the round white sponges that you can find at any drugstore and wet those but these give a better and STREAK FREE finish. This also uses less product than the ones I used to use. I gave packaging a 1 bc I was so anxious to use mine before reading the instruction and I pulled my egg up and out of the tray it comes in instead of pushing it down and it caused a tear in one of them. Also beware of sitting your new egg on a white counter when it is wet; I did this and now have a permanent hot pink stain on my bathroom counter that clorox will not remove. Other than that great product and nothing comes above it.

This a great bledning sponge, its soft. It has a little tip on this tear shaped form that helps to blend into small areas. I got the kit which includes the wash for it. I have actually just been using the wash on my other brushes as well!!! Kind of expensive but it is good for a long time.

on 7/11/2009 10:15:00 AM

I love love love this sponge. It's pink and cute AND does the job really well. At first, I was a bit hesitant to buy this product because I thought it was too expensive for a little sponge but then I got a gift card to Sephora and purchased it. It was packaged nicely and it also came with a cleanser (which by the way works amazing too....I also use this to wash my other brushes). The beautyblender works just like a stippling brush much like the MAC 187. I first spray my Mac Fix+ onto the sponge and then dab it into my foundation. It gives me the most amazing dewy complexion ever with good coverage. The pointed tip is great for smaller areas like around the nose and inner eyes. Definite repurchase!

on 7/11/2009 12:35:00 PM

like all the others, I hesitated for along time before buying this because I'm such a bargain shopper. But HOLY COW! it's been a must have in my kit. it is totally worth every penny to look flawless and be eco-friendly.

on 7/25/2009 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

well, I bought this tool as part of a kit, so it didn't come in its usual packaging, so there was no tearing. It's a lovely tool, excellent job in making your foundation look airbrushed. However, it doesn't clean too fast, so if you're short on time in the mornings, that might not be good. But it's a great tool, I'll def.be buying more.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools