beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

on 7/2/2013 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

A wet beautyblender sponge is my secret weapon for building coverage quickly over problem areas. I love this thing! It's the only sponge I'll use.

on 7/2/2013 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

At first I was hesistant on buying this sponge as it is quite expensive. I ended up buying it after all the reviews I had read. It is a good sponge. It gives a very flawless look with your foundation but you can get the same look with brushes and cheaper sponges. The best value is the travel kit for $22. You get a beauty blender and a small bottle of cleanser to clean it with. The cleanser is very good, I use it to clean my make up brushes. I've heard people say that if you look after the sponge properly it will last months. I am not sure if I will buy this sponge again but it is nice to have in your make up kit.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This sponge is amazing. I can’t imagine a makeup life without it now! It’s absolutely perfect for applying foundation. It leaves your skin looking so natural, so even, so delicious! One of the surprises for me was how well it covers my dark eye circles – I dab a bit of foundation on the sponge and bounce it all over my eye area – I don’t even need to use concealer anymore! This is definitely a staple in my makeup collection now and will repurchase again! Yes, it is expensive, but I’m so glad I found it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Love this! Gives such a flawless finish especially when you use it damp. It's a little pricey but definitely worth it. Give it a go!

I absolutely love this sponge! One of my HG items!!! It blends my foundation & concealer perfectly! I don't even use a brush anymore. If your editing to get it, don't be. The price s a little steep but it works oh so we'll that its worth it!

This works the same as 'bouncing' my good ole CVS round sponges. I squirt some foundation on the sponge and blot or bounce it all over my face. I use each side of the round 3-4 times before tossing, so each sponge lasts about a week.

This takes up a lot more space and can't be thrown away once its covered in makeup. I didn't feel like the pointy end got into small areas any better than my usual sponge.

on 7/18/2013 2:38:00 AM

I like this a lot! Wouldn't say my fav tool for foundation (i prefer buffing or clean fingers) but i think it provides good coverage and an even application. Kinda pricey for just a sponge, but dupes of this always turn out to be so different. My only complaint is how hard it is to clean!

on 8/2/2013 12:17:00 PM

This is a great tool, i dont wear foundation everyday ( i use this as a finishing step when i do)but i LOVE using this applying my ben nye banana powder, gives the perfect finish.

on 8/6/2013 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have to give this product five lippies... I have stopped using all my other makeup brushes (I have a LOT) and use this everyday. Despite the high price tag, this sponge IS worth it for acne prone/sensitive/dry skin. I have been fighting acne and due to acne treatments have dry/flaky/scaly patches which are almost impossible to combat. The beautyblender is the only makeup tool that does NOT pick up dry areas. For people with similar situations (managing dryness from BP or other acne products) or people with very dry skin, this sponge is a must. There are a few downsides. It is expensive - when I saw how small it was and the price tag! Hard to go ahead and actually buy it. I clean it every single time after I use it - can be inconvenient. And it gives a very natural, dewy finish. This is good for most people, but if you want full coverage you would need to apply maybe three layers or more. You can buildup coverage with this, but it takes a lot more time and effort than other methods. But to be honest, the finish is completely worth it, weighing up the negatives and positives.

I love this sponge so much the only thing I don't apply with this is my B.B creams. Now I have seen people's concern about bacteria I use beauty blender wash and Alcohol, peroxide mix no worrys. This is only 20 bucks and one sponge can last more then six months. Many of my good face brushes are between 25-55 dollars so the price is not bad along with the discount of buying the two pack. I will always buy these again!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools