beautyblender the sponge

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

This works great as an applicator for liquid foundations -- easy to use, just soak in water, squeeze excess out and bounce foundation onto face. It gives a seamless very natural look.

Cons: It's pretty hard to clean. I bought the beauty blender cleanser and it takes more than a few squeezes to make sure the sponge is foundation free. Also, you need to be very careful about drying it -- mine was sitting in the bathroom and grew spots of black mold in less than a month. I imagine if you leave it out to air dry in a drier climate, it might be better.

For almost as long as I've been wearing makeup, I've always used my fingers too apply foundation. It's just worked best for me. I've found that brushes tend too give me a lighter coverage than I'm used to, and I feel like I have so much more control if I used my own hands. Sponges are just expensive to constantly re-purchase, and I feel they use up too much valuable product. This tool, though, is the best of both worlds. I truly feel like I have control over how much product goes where, and it blends seamlessly. It's like nothing I've ever used before. The $20 price may seem expensive for a beauty tool, but it's so worth it, especially if you ignore the gimmick-y cleanser that comes with it. That makes it costlier. The beauty blender does amazing things with almost any foundation I've tried, and the shape lets you fit it into tight spaces like under your eyes and around the nose. I'm very, very happy with this, and it's totally revolutionized the way I apply my makeup. Give it a try if you're on the fence. I think it's way worth the hype.

on 1/28/2013 9:36:00 PM

I was very sceptical about all this Beauty blender hype, I can't imagine myself buying a sponge for 20$. The bb I own is from bellabeauty company, which cost me only 5$ at TJ Max and i just adore it!
I have always preferred to apply my foundation with fingers rather than with brush or wedges, but since I bought bb I don't want to even look back. It's much easier. As its recommended I like to damp it before applying foundation, this way I can reach that natural finish like better version of my own skin. The texture of the bb is not the same as latex free wedges, it's more spongy and airy and it gives more natural airbrushed finish. The shape of the bb let's easily apply foundation around nose and eyes, which i can't do with my fingers.
I've been using it for 1 and a half month. It is still in a good shape even though I wash it after every application.
NOTE: I just realized that there are reviews on sponges of beauty blender brand.
As I mentioned above my beauty sponge from BeLLABEAUTY brand. However, I want to leave my review here for those who want to try bb, but find it too expensive.
I do think that bb is way too overpriced for 20$. The quality of the blender I have is excellent and it's affordable. Check your local Marshall or TJ Max.

I will continue repurchasing this bb blender as far as it will be available at the same price.
Update: to keep my b. blender free of germs I started to keep it in the freezer overnight. I don't know how effective it can be but as said above I wash it after every use plus put it in a freezer and so far the sponge didn't lost its shape and in good working condition. When I need it I put it under hot water to let the ice melt. I must say it doesn't melt completely fast, but enough to apply makeup.
I think dipping the sponge into water diluted with3% peroxide will also help, but I haven't tried yet. I will update on this one too.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Finally gave into the hype and purchased this from Sephora online. I love it!!! Definitely gives an airbrush finish with Liquid foundations. My perfect way to use this is to set my undereye concealer. I apply my maybelline fit me concealer under my eyes, pour make up for ever hd powder into a lid, dip the pointed side of the beauty blender in the lid and dab under my eyes. This helps set my concealer without making it look Cakey. Only thing I'm still unsure about is how to clean this sponge. Other than that, I def would repurchase!

on 3/10/2013 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Okay, I’m a believer now! I’d been using an e.l.f. brush to apply my liquid foundation, and it worked well, but my foundation looked a bit heavy.

So, I decided to take a ride on the Beauty Blender bandwagon, and that rather odd bright pink egg-shaped sponge gives me the best finish I’ve ever achieved with liquid foundation.

First, I apply my Hourglass primer, and while that’s “setting,” I mist my Beauty Blender with water. Then I dab foundation on my face, and quickly bounce the Beauty Blender over the foundation to blend. The Beauty Blender applies the foundation rather sheerly; my skin doesn’t look “flawless,” but it doesn’t look “made-up,” either. There are no “seams” or streaks visible, and that’s exactly the kind of finish I want.

I got my Beauty Blender on eBay for under $20; that seems like a fairly reasonable price, since I expect my Beauty Blender to last for a long time.

When it does eventually wear out, I’ll definitely buy another.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was apprehensive to purchase the Beautyblender, because I typically do not like the finish that sponge application of foundations provides. This is unlike any other sponge I have used, and I am happy that I purchased it (on my third one now). I saturate the Beautyblender with water as directed and squeeze out the excess. I place the foundation on my hand, dab the Beautyblender into the foundation, and bounce the Beautyblender on my face to apply the foundation.
The shape is perfect as the pointed end enables me to apply foundation to my nose and area between my nose and eyes easily. It is easy to clean using soap and hot water. With almost daily use one will last about four months (with daily cleaning). After four months or so they start to get cracks and begin to fall apart.
I prefer the Beautyblender over my high-end foundation brushes. The only other thing I use to apply foundation is the E.L.F. Powder Brush, which I also prefer over the $$$ brushes I have purchased in the past.
I will continue to buy the Beautyblender. Also, it is less expensive per Beautyblender if you buy the two pack. I have used the Beautyblender cleanser, and I would not recommend buying this as other soaps and cleansers work better at cleaning it. Right now I am using Tincture of Green Soap to clean my makeup brushes and my Beautyblender. It works amazing.

on 3/23/2013 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This does make my foundation go on smooth and gives an airbrushed quality, but it needs to be a little damp to do that. And if it's damp, it ends up giving me a matte look, which is no good on my dry skin. If I use it dry, it soaks up too much foundation, so I've been using it to buff down my makeup after I apply it with a brush or fingertips. I still think it's a good product, but I wish it were easier to get a dewey look.

on 3/27/2013 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this sponge! I tried several makeup sponges before purchasing the beauty blender due to its price point, but the other sponges don't even compare, and they all fell apart quickly and easily. The beauty blender is an entirely different texture -- soft and squishy, very spongey. I had a problem with poking sponges with my nails and them breaking, but this one doesn't do that.
I use it by saturating with water then squeezing in a towel to give the sponge dampness and stippling my product onto my face. It works well to blend foundation, concealer, and cream blushes/highlights. It gives me a beautiful, flawless finish, and it allows maximum coverage with minimal product.
The only issue I have with the beautyblender is that the pink one bleeds when you wash it -- it bleeds a lot, and the fact that the dye comes out disturbs me. I don't want that on my face! So in the future I will purchase the "clean" one, and I would recommend that one to others.
For a sponge, this is REALLY expensive, but you can usually get 2 for 25 or something like that, and that is a really good deal since one sponge costs 19 USD.
It is a bit difficult to clean long-wearing foundations out of the sponge, but to be honest it's a sponge I use to apply makeup, so I'm not that worried about it having any makeup stains on it so long as I know there is no makeup left in it. I use gentle hand soap to clean it after use, and once a week I'll clean it with a mild dish soap. I'm considering purchasing the beauty blender cleanser, but that's expensive as well.
I like that the packaging involves a sort of stand to put the sponge on when I'm not using it/when it's drying after being washed.
4/5 because of the bleeding, 4/5 for price -- it's a 19 USD sponge ffs!, 4/5 for packaging -- I like the stand. I will definitely buy more!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought the Beauty Blender from their website two for twenty something dollars. There are other less expensive copies but for me this works best. My foundation and primer goes on flawlessly—worth the money! I no longer use anything else but this.

on 4/7/2013 1:24:00 PM

I finally caved and bought one after hearing Desiree Stordahl rave about it on one of the Paula's Choice podcasts. I'm glad I did. I have never enjoyed applying liquid foundations. Period. And as I age, i have more flaky patches around my nose and brows that are very obvious when foundation gets applied.The BeautyBlender or (BB) helps both of these issues tremendously. I think the combination of the wet sponge and the bouncy application just tips the scale on effectively dealing with scalier patches of skin. I have heard Wayne Goss (from YouTube - thank you) say many times that you can do more with great tools than great makeup, and I feel that he is on to something. I think this BB can make an average foundation perform above average! And while I do think it absorbs a lot of product, if I can use cheaper foundations now, why worry about that?

Popular Misc Beauty Tools