beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

on 11/16/2011 2:31:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Girls. Girls. Thought this looks like just a cute sponge, it is soooo much more than that. THIS SPONGE is the KING of all sponges. I have always used sponge wedges. The y give the best coverage when pressed against the skin (very fast obviously) And have searched for an alternative. I bought the Sonia Kashuk sponge and it dosn't even compare. (I looked here and some said the Sonia Kashuk is better??? You clearly have never tried the BB. So make sure you push down when you take it out of the packaging. You will notice the texture and softness is like no sponge you have felt before. Get it wet and it will expand and get to be twice the size. The sonia kashuk is much "harder" and does not expand. When you "stipple it on" with the sk you feel like your punching yourself in the face. Trust me. They do not compare in any way shape or form. The beautyblender brings out the best in your foundation. It gives you more coverage, uses wayyy less product that sponge wedges, and when its wet, gives you an auhmazinggg finish. Go for the double pack when you buy, cheaper. Now, for ME i will buy this again. Im shocked at how great this thing is. I had serious doubts i was wasting my money. BUT It saves me foundation, gives me more coverage, faster to do a whole face of foundation, and i love the finish it gives me. I haven't found a cheaper alternative yet.

Things i dont like,
The face that you must get it wet is kindof a pain. Luckly my bathroom is right across from my bedroom. Something to think about.
Also, im not a germ freak... but it dose bother me that you are reusing a sponge over and over again, getting it wet. It has to have tons of bacteria... but for the price of it, i gotta say f*ck the bacteria, im using this thing till it falls appart. Now off to find the best cleanser for this thing....

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Definetly worth the splurge and lives up to the hype! I am a big skeptic and always hold out on trying new things till its been out on the market for a while and has had plenty of reviews. I know there are a few alternatives like the Sonia kashuk (which I haven't tried) and the one by Ulta which was 5 bucks. I tried that first and it was a waste of my 5 dollars. It does not compare to the beauty blender at all! I love the way it blends my foundation with ease and it feels pleasant while I stipple/bounce it on my face. It can soak up a bit even when wet, but to avoid wasting it, I dot my foundation all over my face then blend it with the beautyblender. The price may be steep but spend the extra 6 bucks and get the double pack.

on 1/12/2012 3:04:00 PM

I wasn't sure if I should believe all of the hype about this product, but I took a gamble and ordered it off of Amazon (it was a few dollars cheaper). From the first time that I used it (I used it wet), I was in love. My foundation looked like skin. It was the most perfect finish ever. I've even used this to apply my tinted moisturizer. It is a bit pricey for a makeup sponge, but I think it is totally worth it.

on 1/20/2012 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is an expensive product but well worth it IMO. I have the two pack which is much more economical. My makeup looks flawless when I use my BB to apply. I just put a little foundtaion on the back of my hand, soak it up with the dampened BB and stipple on my face. Its quite quick and easy. I wash mine after every use but it is still stained a bit, which I honestly don't mind.

I have tried the Sonia Kashuk and Ulta knock-offs of this and I can tell a huge difference. They do not compare to the BB.

on 2/6/2012 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I did not find this to be worth the price. Although I don't wear foundation, I do use liquid concealer where needed, and I thought might be a better application tool than my MAC 130. It isn't, however, so I am returning this to ebeauty.

on 3/19/2012 12:11:00 PM

I recently ordered this. I ordered the pack of 2 sponges & the cleanser & have used it for the past 3 days. I noticed since I started using it I haven't wanted to reach for a brush to apply my foundation. I like the way it applies.It's really bouncy & you can really build the coverage lovely. It covers all my acne scarring better than when I apply with a brush. There are some things I don't like about it though. I don't like that I have to clean it after each use(I clean my brushes every 2to3 sometimes even 4 uses). It takes A LOT of the cleanser to fully clean the makeup off the sponge & the cleanser is kind of pricey. It's my first sponge so I'm not sure if its really worth the money. One sponge is $20 which is why I bought the pack of 2 because it came with cleanser, I thought that was a better deal. I plan on trying cheaper sponges & updating this review because $20 is pricey for a sponge.

on 3/19/2012 8:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I LOOOVE this sponge! Once I figured out how to use it. I use the pointy part to blend my concealer and then I moisten it and use it to blend my foundation. I also use it to clean up my eyeshadow. It gives a nice flawless look. Make sure it is not too wet though. After I wet the sponge I dry it on a towel. I gently clean it with hand soap without a problem. It's worth a try, you can always return to sephora if you don't like it.

on 3/19/2012 8:48:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this pink egg-shaped makeup sponge!!!!!! Can't boast enough about it! I tried the Sonia Kashuk sponge and was ok with it (bit stiffer). Then I bought the BB and there's no comparison! It is much softer and my foundation goes on flawlessly and ever so evenly without brush streaks! I use two pumps of my foundation for all over coverage.

I wet the sponge thoroughly with warm H2O and squeeze excess out with my hand then I use a clean towel to squeeze more of the water out before using it.

I bought the BB soapy cleanser it works ok, I don't like the scent! I usually have to rinse and repeat.

Another cool notion is that you can mail the BB back to the company after about 3 months (the usual life of the sponge) and they will dispose of it in a friendly environment method.

Dislikes: foundation stains remain on sponge & pink dye bleeds out

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for a month or so. I definitely like the foundation coverage this sponge can provide. The application is very even and makes my skin look great. I just don't like cleansing it. It's extremely difficult to get all the foundation (even if you wash it everyday). I can see lots of residue on the sponge. One time I tried to wash it too much and I ended up having a rip on it. I would probably buy this again until I find a cheaper version. If I find a cheaper one, at least I don't mind throwing it out say once a month and switch to a new one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Living in Canada, I'd never seen one of these available retail and then I was at the check out at Sephora, where they have all that stuff to tempt you while you wait and THERE IT WAS!!!

Like a lot of women, I'm obsessed with getting foundation coverage that hides my skin imperfections, but also looks natural and even. So I have a lot of brushes, some pricey and some cheap, some good and some not so good (and price isn't necessarily an indicator of how good a brush will be - the Real Techniques brushes are among the best I've ever tried). I've rated the Beautyblender a "3" for price because I'm comparing it to brushes I've purchased and compared to some of those, the price isn't all that bad, though for a "sponge", it may seem a bit high.

Mine came in a plastic case with absolute NO instructions but I've known about this sponge for so long and seen it used so figuring it out wasn't a big deal. The results with this sponge, though, are amazing. I dot my foundation around my face and sort of "roll" it into my skin with this sponge dampened and squeezed out well. The end effect is the look of perfect skin, rather than the look of really nice foundation! No other sponges I've tried - wedges, round sponges from MAC and even natural sea sponges - reliably give such a flawless effect. I am concerned to read that other MUAers have had their rip and fall apart - at these prices, this baby should last a few years, in my opinion. I'll endeavor to be gentle when cleaning this and using it generally but I am very, very pleased and wouldn't hesitate to repurchase.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools