beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

on 1/13/2011 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE this little pink sponge. I use it for foundation, blush, and powder. I haven't noticed the problem that other people mentioned with it soaking up too much product. What I do notice is that my skin looks incredibly natural.

Currently I'm using it with Philosophy's Superbeautiful liquid foundation, Everyday Minerals blush, and Everyday Minerals sunlight powder. The coverage I get is sheer (although I'm guessing that's from the foundation, I'm probably going to try something with more coverage soon), natural looking coverage with no cakey or powdery look. The blush I think is almost the most impressive though. It applies very smooth and evenly giving that "glowing" look.

Needless to say I'm impressed and no longer feel guilty about spending nearly $20 on a sponge. No more application brushes for me!

on 2/21/2011 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I've had this sponge for about 2 months now, and while I don't use it everyday, I absolutely love it and think it's worth every penny. Depending on how I feel, I'll switch up my foundations. This sponge works best for the Revlon Colorstay foundation and the TheBalm creme foundation. I love the way I can stipple (bounce) the foundation on and build up the coverage.The finish is pretty close to flawless. You can definately sheer out the foundation for lighter coverage with this sponge. I personally like medium to full coverage and I can totally achieve that with this sponge. I do love my Sigma flat top synthetic kabuki brush and I use it, but when I wash it and while I wait for it to dry then I use this as my back up.

on 4/20/2011 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This little, simple, pink sponge is awesome. I was skeptical about buying this thinking "It's a sponge with a point." and I dont think I need to even discuss the price. But with reading all the great reviews I decided to give it a go. I ordered it on Sephora & just got it yesterday afternoon. Lately, my face has been blotchy and have been breaking out (I think its due to a new face cleanser I've been using) and no matter how hard I tried to correct the blotchy-ness, I just could not achieve an even skin tone. And ladies ( & gents), you know as well as I do no matter how awesome your eye makeup is, it doesnt matter if the face is looking ugh. Today I tried the BB and....I'm amazed. This dinky thing made my face look totally even, without using alot of product! Amazed. I dont have to layer on a mass amout of foundation and concealer on my icky areas anymore. It also cut the amount of time I spend correcting my skin. Just stiple the sponge a few more times on those areas and wah-lah. This isnt a miracle product, but it's awesome and definately worth trying. I'd buy it all over again in a heart beat.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just wanted to give a heads up to people who live in Canada. At my local London Drugs I found a near perfect dupe of the beauty blender. I was amazed. It is part of the "london look" line and in the aisle with all the brushes. It only cost me 9.99 and literally works and looks like the beauty blender. Waaaay better than the sonia one from target. I am going to go back and get more. I have intense fears of things disappearing from stores once I find something I love! LOL

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Where has this been all my life?! I've always had a lot of problems applying foundation, no matter what I used, whether it was a regular makeup sponge, a foundation brush, or my fingers. The only tool I hadn't tried yet was a stippling brush. The Beautyblender blows everything I've tried out of the park, and then some. There isn't much I can say about it that hasn't already been said - this magenta sponge is AMAZING.

I've amassed what seems like enough foundation samples to cover the whole United States military, and I tried the Beautyblender with a few of them. Without the Beautyblender, no matter WHAT I did, foundation just looks cakey and very obvious on my skin. With the Beautyblender, foundations I never would have dreamed of wearing out of the house apply perfectly. I wouldn't say that this makes crappy foundations good - some are just poor quality. But it certainly makes good ones better. Run it under warm water until it inflates, squeeze the water out, dot foundation all over your face and bounce the Beautyblender until everything is buffed in. It could hardly be any easier. The reason why it works so well is that the bouncing deposits pigment evenly across your face without exfoliating your flakes up to the surface the way rubbing with fingers, regular sponges, or brushes would. I'll never go back to any other application method again.

I was skeptical about paying so much for a sponge, but it's well worth it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this from my BFF Raena and i totally LOVE this sponge. I must admit that i never like anything like brushes or sponges..just used my fingers BUT this item make SUCH BIG difference to my make up. My skin & make up looks so much better. I LOVE it and will buy again for sure. THANK YOU RAENA

on 6/2/2011 12:34:00 AM

Well, I'm late to the game on this one, I know! I've only had my BB sponges for a few months now, and I've been waiting to chime in with my opinion because, to be honest, I'm constantly up and down with this product. I've tried it with every foundation and concealer I have in my collection or could get my hands on. I agree that it does a much better job than most brushes, insofar as it doesn't streak and it deposits colour without disturbing the skin. However, I don't find it to be significantly better (I give it a slight edge!) than my Simga F80 when it comes to liquid foundation - both achieve an air-brushed finish with no steaks. The pointed end of the sponge is great for getting into corners better than a brush, such as around my nose.

Some of downsides is that I found it stains easily with liquid foundation and it needs a wash after every use! However, I deep clean my brushes once a week and I've managed to make the sponge-washing one of the steps in my makeup routine. It's also quite expensive, though mine have lasted pretty well. Some of the cheaper dupes are comparable in use but not in quality and seem to deteriorate quickly. When I wash it, the water runs pink, which makes me wonder how much dye is in this little sponge? I would prefer something more natural, I think, though I concede that it is a cute colour. I also feel that it forces me to use way too much product, as it seems to absorb a lot of my liquid product, despite only using the sponge when it's damp (instructions say this will prevent the sponge from soaking up product - I call BS on that!).

One thing this sponge has done for me is made me love my Bare Escentuals products again - nothing I have ever used previously gives me such a fantastic application of this line. I had pushed them to the back of my makeup cabinet, but now I'm using the foundation and concealers daily again thanks to the help of the BB sponge. I'm finally able to make 'Well-Rested' eye powder work for me, whereas I previously hated it.

So, I definitely recommend trying this with a few different products and lines before forming a firm opinion - it could surprise you! Right now, I'm loving it and will continue to try it out with more items (highlights, cream blushes, etc...) to see where else I can make it work for me. I would likely buy it again.

The beautyblender is great for creamy liquid foundations (LM Silk Creme) and tinted moisturizer. I took one lippie off because I find using my fingers with cream foundation (Studio Stick, Studio Tech) works a bit better/faster. I didn't realize how much I like the beautyblender until yesterday. I was in a hurry and decided to use my Sigma foundation brush to apply Tarte Smooth Operator (tinted moisturizer). I found the application to be much more difficult, and super streaky. This is why I don't use a foundation brush to apply Silk Creme or Smooth Operator, because of the streaks. I also don't use my fingers to apply either of those products because of "finger lines". So, the beauty blender is excellent for some things, and sort of mediocre for others. When squeezing out excess water, I have noticed that some pink dye comes out, but have not seen any transfer to my face when applying makeup. Also, I have not purchased the blender cleanser, and to be honest, have not used the sample or washed the sponge yet so I can't attest to how well they will hold up over time. I've only used one of the two I bought, and then only about 6-7 times as I don't wear makeup every day.

Skin: Other, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was not prepared to fork out $20 for a sponge, so i researched the product, read all the reviews, watched all the tutorials. Then i saw Mario Dedivanovic using it on Kim K and i was sold! What a brilliant investment! This is now my HG. I love love love the flawless finish it provides. With my acne scarring i tend to load on the concealer...but with this little gem i can use a little product and blend away an voila i look flawless. Not one of my brushes can blend out my It Cosmetics bye bye under eye concealer....but this little egg can! I will def repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is the best sponge I have ever used. I bought it online at $17 for two over here in Australia. Which us awesome because they're normally $20 for just one! I love how it expands when wet and it feels soo nice and soft. Make up goes on like a dream. I definitely won't be wasting my money on buying more regular sponges or foundation brushes when this fabulous little pink sponge does a much better job for a range of makeup products! I will definitely be repurchasing once both of them have worn out.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools