beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.2

on 7/7/2015 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

no no no! I have very oily skin and acne scars (also active acne). Since I have been using the BB I noticed that my foundation after a couple of hours started to look cakey and like separated from my skin... also, after applying foundation it feels like it never dries competely...dont know how to explain...Although at the beggining the application looks flawless I feel my face sticky all the time and after a couple hours mainly in my nose and forehead the foundation starts slipping so I end up having some patches without any foundation and others with a lot....hot mess! I thought it was caused by the primer...until I appied my foundation with my expert face brush and I realized the cause of all my problems was the beauty blender.... So now Im only using it for applying concealer and to erase any possible brush stroke ...Over all I don't find this so marvelous as many do...I have use the real Techniques sponge and i like it better,,,I guess that the flat side helps foundation really sink in my skin...definitely the BB is not worth the money...won't buy it again...i prefer the finish my real techniques expert face brush leaves.

on 7/20/2015 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this sponge so much. Can not live without it anymore. I always use it pretty damp. I put dots of foundation on my face all over it, then smooth it with BB. I think it's not a good idea to put foundation straight on the sponge.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

At first I was hesitant to buy the beauty blender! I had heard so many great reviews on the product but I couldn't help but feel the price tag was a little steep for what seemed to be an average makeup sponge. I had tried the Sonia Kashuk version of this product first and it remained in my beauty drawer unused. Finally, I bit the bullet and bought the real deal and let me tell you, it is by far the best decision I've made when it comes to makeup. I now own several! This sponge is unlike any other in its' texture. It can be used dry or damp, although I prefer to use mine dampened. This sponge blends makeup like no other, even my heaviest and notoriously cakey foundations like the Revlon Colorstay or my Tart Amazonian Clay Foundation blend out like a dream for a natural finish. I use this product to apply all foundations and concealers, I've also heard it works great with cream blushes as well. This sponge is incredibly unique and makes all of my face products perform to the best of their ability. If you are looking for flawless airbrushed skin look no further!

on 9/25/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

My only con for this beauty sponge would be that it's not too easy to get clean but manageable. Also, my dog ate it three days after getting it requiring me to run out and get a new one! Purple this time.

It really helps with applying foundation evenly and not worrying about a brush whose bristles are all over your face afterwards.

on 9/28/2015 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far the easiest tool to get flawless looking foundation and concealer. I use it with cream and liquid foundations or concealers and it handles both with no problem. I love the fact that you can't get your foundation to look cakey when you use a Beauty Blender! Cleaning the sponge isn't that hard either. Using Philosophy Purity and an eye makeup remover, all foundation and concealer comes out. Wash with Purity, use eye makeup remover on the tough spots, and rewash with Purity - comes out looking brand new every time. Best investment ever!

on 10/12/2015 1:49:00 AM

Was really hesitant to pick this up as I had been using disposable sponges for applying foundation/concealer for the longest time at a quarter of the price... but I realize now that the beauty blender is an investment.

If you clean it everyday (or as often as you prefer), you will get what you paid for.

I dampen mine with water before I begin to blend in my foundation and this really helps with maintaining an even and natural foundation look.

I love the way it applies and I use it daily! It's way more effective at navigating around hard-to-get facial features (ie around your nose/eyes) than a disposable makeup sponge because it's squishier and more sponge like than the cheap disposable ones.

After using mine for about a month and cleaning it daily, a few tears have developed along the sides of my blender but I don't think that it has easy wear and tear; I think I should actually be more gentle when cleaning it.

Will repurchase if I ever need to!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE IT! I don't have to do anything put tap tap and it blends perfectly. I don't use it for my foundation I use it for my concealers and I'm obsessed! Won't ever use my fingers or another brush again!

on 12/28/2015 6:22:00 PM

FINALLY bought into the hype and was ready to be disappointed as I couldn't see how it could possibly be as good as everyone says it is.

BEST DECISION EVER.

Gave - surprisingly - incredible coverage with just my standard foundation and some concealer - a feat. considering my severe scarring and hyper-pigmentation.

Great with liquid foundation, powders, concealer, highlighter, everything.

I though other sponges I'd used were amazing but this makes them all look crap.

It may be expensive but given it replaces my 7 other brushes and 2 sponges I used to use regularly (which came to a total of way over £100) it's value for money. Additionally it made my £10 drugstore foundation and £7.50 concealer look like high-end products without me having to splash out on them.

Worth every penny in my eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has replaced most of my brushes. I really do love it. Flawlessly blends make up. I would highly recommend.

on 5/14/2016 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I finally decided to give in to the hype and buy the Beauty Blender, out of sheer boredom more than anything. I've never had problems applying my foundation with brushes, but I wondered if this would be somehow better. It wasn't. After dampening the BB, I set about to using my normal foundation Estee Lauder Double Wear...and found that the sponge made it drop from full coverage to medium coverage. Now I understand that some people want a more natural look...but if that's the case, you should invest in a lighter coverage foundation! I was pissed off after using this on half my face--I wear EL because I WANT full coverage. So I ended up washing my face and redoing it with my regular Real Techniques brush. All in all, this product was not for me. Also, application took a lot longer with this than it did with a regular brush.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools