beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.2

on 10/13/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

After reading all the rave reviews, I was hopeful and really wanted to like this product but I was super disappointed with the results. I had heard many reviews complain about the dye coming off and thought this issue would have been resolved by now, but no. Even wet, the sponge soaks up so much product. So much foundation wasted. Hard to clean. Expensive. Patchy application. Not worth the money!

on 11/30/2014 7:54:00 PM

Buying the beauty blender may be the best thing I have ever done in the history of wearing makeup. I didn't want to give into the hype, they are pretty pricey and have to be replaced way more often than a brush. I have at sephora recently only because they had a few holiday package deals. This thing is amazing. I was a little intimated at first because I bought a knock off on amazon and just could not get it to work. However, after coming it to the original beauty blender they are nothing alike. The knock off is just rubber where is beauty blender is actually a sponge. This makes your foundation look so airbrushed and flawless. I feel like you could use a lesser quality foundation and it will still look amazing. Can't wait to use it with my higher quality foundations. Will be a constant in my beauty routine!

on 12/18/2014 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

$19USD at sephora. pink in colour. have tried the real techniques due and this was better.
wet the sponge until it inflates and then use a towel to take out excess moisture.
i have used this with most of my foundations and those that are water based, it does a great job for. it blends liquid foundation flawlessly into my skin, and it feels nice too because its a dabbing motion- a brush has some drag.
its also very quick to apply liquids. you can build coverage in specific areas without caking up because the damp sponge is mixed with the pigments in the foundation.
blends concealers easily into the skin for highlighting and blemish covering purposes. i tap the concealer into the desired areas, and then blend with the sponge. the top tip is great for the under eye. the rounder bottom and the sides are great for larger face areas.
the packaging is a little plastic cylindrical tube that can be used to place the sponge on and let it dry. travel friendly.
only downside is cleaning it- its harder to clean than a brush and must be replaced every 3 months.
i don't have the designated beautyblender cleansers. i used my mac brush cleaner to clean it - soaked it in the cleansing liquid then squeezed it out and the foundation came out. the sponge is still stained though.

on 2/7/2015 9:47:00 PM

I bought this sponge because I read and heard so many good reviews about about it. Without this sponge I literally don't know how I did my makeup before. I really love this sponge because I can apply my concealer and foundation without it looking cakey. I stopped using foundation for everyday use and I just use concealer. I stopped using this sponge aswell for a while and just used a brush to apply my concealer and it was the worst decision ever. As I applied my conealer with a brush you can see streaks from the brush. Most definately try out this brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've used many different sponges to apply foundation. Sonia Kashuk, Real Techniques, the cheapo packages of disposable ones that come in packs of 10 and there is no comparison to the beauty blender. Yes, $20 is expensive for a sponge, but brushes can cost twice as much and don't provide the same coverage. I've been using mine daily for the past month and haven't experienced it falling apart although I can see this happening if you have long fingernails because you really need to knead this thing to clean it. I bite my nails so it still looks brand new. As for cleaning, I use the peppermint dr. Bronners castile soap and just keep squeezing it until the suds run out. To use it I wet it completely and squeeze out the moisture then squeeze it once more wrapped in a paper towel. Then either dip it in foundation or dot it on then bounce it around my face. The coverage is amazing and I love that I can layer foundation without it looking cakey. It leaves a really nice finish. Cost $20 at sephora which unfortunately the closest one to me is located within a casino so I end up spending way more before even checking out. Will definitely repurchase once it falls apart.

Love this! I add just a little water, squeeze excess out. I apply my foundation and concealer with a brush and then blend with the beauty blender. Works amazing! I have tried using for putting on my foundation but I feel like it sucks up a lot of it. Otherwise I really like this and will continue to use it

My oh my, this really doesn't work for me. Im quite shocked. Ive tried different foundations I've tried watching numerous videos and im so reluctant to give it away but I have to. My issue is if you have scars or pitted acne scars or large pores with a buffing brush you are able to buff foundation in and hid those flaws but with a beauty blender the foundation struggles to sink into those areas. Great product for people who dont have this issue and feels lovely and cool on the skin after wetting. Also you need time with this to get an even finish i get the same finish much faster with a big buffing brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I decided to splurge on it because of all the reviews I read and watched on youtube. I bought it at sephora for 26$ (I live in Canada). Before buying this, I had the quo makeup blender. Compared to that one, the original beauty blender is really good. I usually only use it for concealer and foundation and the application is flawless and makes my makeup look natural. However, washing it was a pain. I am a neat freak so I had to make it 100% clean. Foundation was always still stuck in it a lot of times so once, I used my nail to get the dirt out. I HIGHLY ADVICE YOU ALL TO NOT DO IT, because it made a small hole in my beauty blender and the next times I washed it, it got very heavy and felt really weird (because the water was easily absorbed through the hole). Later on, I discovered that the original beauty blender makes a cleanser as well. I thought it was a waste of money so I tried washing my sponge with Sunlight's dish soap. IT WORKS WONDERS, I swear it cleans it perfectly.

Overall,
pros: applies makeup flawlessly, very soft
cons: the price, the material is very fragile (referring to the hole I accidentally made)

I don't think of buying another one after this one dies, because I have heard good reviews about the Real techniques makeup sponge, and that one is way cheaper and performs as well as this one (apparentely). Anyway, I hope my review helped! :)

on 6/21/2015 1:02:00 PM

I had been debating buying one of these for a long time, wondering whether 20 was too much to spend on a brush, and then had one in my Birchbox!

I used it once, and that was all it took to realise I should have purchased one when I first heard about them. I've used amakeup sponge once before, and threw them away which is why I didn't think I'd like this.

I pretty much use this for all of my makeup now. I use a primer spray, and pat it in with my beauty blender. I then use it with my foundation, concealer, bronzer/contour and blush.I even sometimes use it with powder!!

Genuinely a HG product. I didn't purchase mine, but i would again in a flash.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this on birch box and managed to get two for the price of one, which is the only good thing I can say about this product. The beauty blender is nothing special, and is just as good as any other brush. Brushes last years and this only lasts a couple of months and is almost the same price.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools