beautyblender the sponge

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.2

It's a pretty good product. It blends out foundation evenly, doesn't suck up to much product, and leaves a nice smooth finish. However if you have mild to severe acne or acne scaring and you want your foundation to cover it up flawlessly I would recommend using a stippling or buffing brush for maximum coverage.

Side Note: If you try to sanitize the beauty blender with rubbing alcohol some of the color will rinse of leaving it a bit lighter.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am at a loss with the rave reviews for this too. Prior to this one I used the makeup wedges from Walmart which I was pretty happy with. I read the review for this and HAD to get one. It was big, awkward, and didn't do any better job than my wedges from Walmart...and I felt like I was wasting so much product. I then got a foundation brush, I will never go back to sponges. Do yourself a favor and spend the money on a good brush and not this sponge!

on 7/8/2014 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

At first I thought this was an over priced gimmick, but then I received a free one with a foundation purchase. It's a very good product. I dab dots of foundation on my face with my finger and then with the wet sponge blend it all in. I feel that it soaks up less product this way and I get a very natural finish. A little expensive, but I will purchase again. I clean mine with dish washing liquid, but still looking for an easier way to clean.

on 7/16/2014 12:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

When I first saw this online, I was all like, "No way am I spending $20 on a SPONGE."
But guess what... I did anyways.

I got the duo set in black off of Amazon. I didn't think I was really going to like this product, but I actually do! The packaging is cute, and can double as storage for the sponges. This thing actually does its job. It is meant to be used when it's damp, but not soaking. I also find that this works best with liquid or cream foundations. When used as a stippling tool, it gives an airbrushed effect that is a lot more attractive than a makeup brush. I also like that this can also be used to blend in powders and creams so it adds to the airbrushed look.

As for cleaning, I use a baby shampoo and some warm water to get most of the makeup junk out from inside the sponge. I'm trying to be as careful and gentle with this as possible because I've heard some horror stories about these bad boys getting deep tears and rips in them during cleaning and regular use.

Overall, I like this product and I probably would pay another $20 to repurchase this in the future.

on 7/21/2014 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Don't fall for the dupes out there! Tried them all and nothing compares to the finish and coverage and application of the real beauty blender! I have so much acne scarring and this makes my face look airbrushed and look like I have glowing, dewy, poreless, clear, radiant, skin. I get so many compliments from people about my skin and they ask me what my secret is, I say it's the one and only beauty blender.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Worth every penny. When the beautyblender first emerged on the beauty scene, I thought it was preposterous that anyone would pay 20 bucks for a sponge. I am so glad I gave this a chance; it is now my favorite way to apply foundation, bar none. I'm excited to put on my foundation in the morning because it just feels so refreshing and is much more efficient than my previous method, using my fingers. The application is incredible! Your foundation truly sinks into your skin, which is perfect for my combination skin, as I suffer from both pesky dry patches and major oil around my T-zone. My nose is especially annoying to apply foundation on; when I use brushes or my fingers, it always turns out looking patchy and smudged. When I use the beautyblender, the foundation on my nose looks smooth and flawless. A petty complaint would be that even the pointed end doesn't reach small nooks and crannies, like around my nose, but I'll live.
I currently use this with the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet (very light and pretty sheer) and the Revlon Colorstay (heavier coverage), and it works amazingly with both. I purchased mine on Amazon for around $16 and it is the real deal. My recommendation is not to waste your money on the cleanser, washing the beautyblender with dish soap or baby shampoo will work just fine. I highly, highly recommend anyone who wears foundation to give in to the beautyblender hype; I am so pleased I did.

on 8/15/2014 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm sorry, but this is FIRST time a MUA top pick disappointed me! I can't believe I paid top $$ for this sponge. I've used stipplied it slightly damp as described by many of the reviewers here, on powder foundation, liquid foundation and liquid concealer. There's so much product wastage, and the resulting coverage was so poor! Only concealer seems to apply OK (and not fantastic). I will NOT re-buy.

Returning to my Sigma F82 brush for foundation application..

on 9/14/2014 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

After trying several dupe makeup sponges (ulta generic, sephora generic, real techniques, ones I get at Sally's, tons of dupes) I have finally purchased the bb. Holy cow this sponge works like a dream.

It truly blends makeup easily with a stippling motion. It is the softest in touch compared to the other sponges I have tried. No streaks or patches in my foundation. I have used it with Smashbox HD foundation, Smashbox BB, MAC BB cream, Clinque BB, MAC F&B, and to blend my tarte and smashbox concealers. Works great with every product I've tried with it.

My only concern, I find after cleansing the pink dye runs in the water. I might try the "pure" uncolored bb, but per reviews it just don't perform like the pink one.

Go ahead and splurge on this one, worth it.

on 10/1/2014 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I was very hesitant about purchasing this tiny little sponge from my local Sephora for 20$. However, every YouTube beauty guru and their mother was talking about how great it was--especially for blending under-eye concealer. I finally splurged, and was not disappointed. My foundation and concealer goes on like a dream.

I've used everything from MUFE HD Foundation, MUFE Mat Velvet Foundation, MUFE full coverage concealer, MAC concealer, Smashbox CC Cream, and LA Girl concealers with this beauty blender. I've had fantastic results with all of them.

Go buy this product, and make sure to use it wet.

on 10/1/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

For the longest time I was against buying this solely because I was an avid brush user for my foundation. I still love my elf flat top but the bb sponge has slowly won my heart. It is pretty expensive and may not last as long as a brush but the way it applies foundation when damp is magical. I use it dry for "concealer only" days because it keeps it more concentrated but ALWAYS make it damp if you use it for foundation. It makes the makeup so even and it's so easy to use. I will always own one.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools