beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.2

on 12/31/2013 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I asked my sister to buy this for me for Christmas. I have been intrigued by this product for years, but could never fork over the $20 to buy it. Seems like such a waste for what it was....a pink sponge. I could buy a whole bag of cosmetic sponges for $6 at Sallys. Why did I need this sponge?

The answer is I really didn't. It performs well and I like that it is reusable, but its really no better than a nice cosmetic wedge sponge. I mean don't get me wrong...I like it. I'm glad I got to try it, but am I addicted...no. Foundation goes on nicely, but my foundation doesn't seem to last as long when I use the sponge. It looks wonderful for a few hours and then the foundation seems to disintegrate faster than normal.

The sponge itself is well made and seems like it will last awhile. It does get stained with foundation and it looks sort of gross afterwards, but it is a sponge so those sorts of things will happen. It is relatively easy to clean. I heard that shaving soap works well to clean them and I'm going to try that because I don't want to buy the beautyblender cleansers as they are expensive.

The sponge does have pink dye that washes away when you squeeze it, but I have not noted any transferring of pink to my face. I know some people have expressed concerns about that, but believe me I think it is just a false worry.

All in all I would give the product a 3.5. I debated giving it a 4, but didn't because I reserve 4 and 5 for products I'm completely enamored with. I haven't fallen in love with this "magical" sponge, but I will update you if I do.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this awhile ago but it's been sitting on my make up table as I was seriously considering whether I needed it. I usually use my fingers to blend foundation because make up artists say that "this is your best tool". I've also tried brushes, which I find way to irritating on my sensitive skin after awhile. After trying numerous foundations and having them all look super cakey I decided to finally try the BB because I was so sick of heavy foundation looking skin. This is actually an excellent product. I have been using it with my nars sheer glow. It makes it so simple! I just put the product on my hand and stipple away. Usually if I use my fingers it takes me awhile to blend and I always end up putting way to much. I actually like that the sponge just soaks up the excess because I usually end up just putting all that on my face that I obviously do not need. This made my foundation look so smooth and nice. I will continue to use this.

on 1/25/2014 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My go-to makeup tool. I wasnt really big on sponges before I bought this but I gave in to the hype and bought it. Its AMAZING at blending. Makes foundations, powders and concealers very blendable. When I use opaque products this helps sheer them out to the most natural look. You need more use more. I wouldnt suggest using this with something sheer and using this to build because from my experience it wont work. Im already on my 4th sponge and yes I count this as one of my HGs

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This worked like a charm for me back when i was using my Revlon whipped creme foundation. Actually, it worked like a charm for ANY liquid/cream foundation! You just wet the sponge and gently squeeze any excess water out of it before each use (i cleanse it with my purpose gentle cleansing wash- works well). I dot the foundation onto my face, going section by section, and blending as I go with the bb. You just stipple/bounce it on your face till its all blended it. There really is nothing like it. It just looks so natural, but still flawless. Ive tried multiple knockoffs and liked them, but honestly this is miles better and lasts way longer. I actually bought a backup a few weeks ago, but now I use bb cream and just apply with my fingers for a quick application. For now, I wouldnt repurchase simply because I dont use it anymore, however, in the future I may repurchase. The other reason I barely use it anymore is because I'm getting up at 5:20 for school, and washing it is just an extra step I cant be bothered with anymore haha.
Overall, this is a great great product, and I completely reccommend it! I still love mine, I just dont use it for the bb cream I'm using now.
It's a complete ripoff though, and that's another reason I just can't justify continuing to repurchase. 20 bucks for something that probably costs a dollar (or less!) to make is just ridiculous.
But, as a whole, it does such an amazing job blending that it's almost worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

AMAZING! I was very skeptical paying 20 bucks for this, but it has changed the way I apply foundation and makes it a beautiful finish with no streaks. I use the pointed end for concealer. I will occasionally see people not DAMPENING it before use. Make sure you do that it will make a world of difference. Buy this:)

on 2/15/2014 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had such high expectations for this product after seeing all the YouTube-clips and reading the good reviews, so when I finally purchased the product, I got really disappointed. I really did not notice any difference to other sponges. At least for me it did not work at all. I will therefore keep using a brush ;) only way to get a beautiful base!

This product wasn't bad. But IT IS WAY TO GOSH DARN F***ING EXPENSIVE!! I paid $27 for a damn egg shaped sponge. A SPONGE!!! I know, I sound crazy, paying that much for a damn makeup sponge. But alas, I did. It wasn't a bad sponge, I quite enjoy it. But I don't need it to complete my life. I found a similar looking makeup sponge at the drugstore that I will be purchasing from now on because I don't want to go bankrupt over a damn little egg shaped sponge. But if you own a house in Beverly Hills and own 6 Mercedes, then you can continue buying and using this sponge.

on 4/24/2014 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Like seriously? This thing is a godsent. it's great for everyday medium coverage. I use it with both mineral and liquid foundation. I still use brushes for blush, etc. Never jas my makeup looked so good! I clean this as much as I can. I sterilize and get the makeup out with antibacterial soap. I then microwave it in an inch of hot water for 30 seconds to get all thr bacteria out. I'll be beautyblending for a long time to come.

was hesitating whether to buy this or not since it's kinda on a pricey side but let me tell this: it's amAzing make up application is so much easier now and it give it such a flawless look loving it!!!

I love and use my beauty blender every single day. I find that I can build up a good amount of coverage over my acne-prone skin, but still makes my foundation look natural. Overall it's a wonderful product and I would recommend it to anyone who can bear the price.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools