beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.2

on 3/21/2013 5:14:00 PM

I love love love my beauty blender. It's been the only thing that applies my MUFE Mat Velvet + foundation without it looking super heavy and streaky. I just wish the beauty blender was a little less expensive/ lasted longer. I just dab my foundation all over my face, and then stipple until everything blends in really nicely.

on 3/21/2013 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Similar to everyone else, I was apprehensive about purchasing the beauty blender (BB) purely based on the price however decided to give it a go given all the great reviews it receives.

I recently started using Revlonís Colour Stay foundation, and although I love this foundation and love how my face is not as oily at the end of the day, I found that it was looking a tad "cakey" on my face when using sigmas angled kabuki brush for the application.

Used the foundation with the BB this morning and I am very impressed with the results. The BB helps to achieve a flawless and finish. The BB is really easy to use, just put it under some warm water, then squeeze out the excess fluid and apply the foundation in a bouncing motion.

Great applicator, very glad that I decided to purchase the BB! Would highly recommend you give it a go, it is worth the money.

For all my fellow Australians, I was searching for a while for a site that didn't have crazy shipping to get the BB and came across www.crushcosmetics.com.au/

Quick delivery and have a wide range of NYX and ELF products too!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I finally decided to give this sponge a try since after applying face makeup I found that there's unevenness and caked spots on my face. The makers of the product instructs you to wet the sponge with tap water until it expand and then squeeze out the water. You can either apply the liquid foundation or BB cream (I use Marcelle BB medium to dark as my foundation) on to your face first or on the sponge. The technique is to dab it all over your face as and this effect will leave you with "airbrushed" look. After I've applied my BB cream, it left a dewy feel on my face. I wait a couple of minutes before it sets or dry and then I apply my physician's formula face powder. This just helps with shine control and gives me a matte finish in the end.

I purchased this product on amazon.com for $25+ free shipping. It also came with the beauty blender cleanser which was great because I wash my beauty blender after each use. When washing your sponge take extra caution and be gentle when scrubbing because the sponge can easily tear. That's what happened to my sponge =( Overall amazing product and will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Wow. Quickest and easiest way to apply my foundation, with an absolutely flawless finish. I loved my Sigmax brushes for quite a while but I don't think I'll be going back to them. Literally amazing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Wow. Makeup noobs like me: this is perfection. My makeup blends perfectly with this little sponge. When I was on Accutane this was so so useful as you add water and make up blends seamlessly into skin. Even with less dry skin, perfect. The things that are annoying about this product are cleaning (I use the special cleaner, the whole process feels expensive) and I had to replace mine after about 6 months because it does wear out. It's also pretty pricey on the face of it but I think it's worth every penny!

on 5/14/2013 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have the pure beauty blender and I love it. Although, I would not recommend this sponge since the dye bleeds and can cause acne. I will not purchase.

on 5/15/2013 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this through Teambuy, a package deal of 4 sponges for under $20 plus shipping which came to $24 Canadian. It looks exactly the same as the one I've seen in the store but can't say for sure whether it's the genuine product as it came through the Jade & Juliet website. It came in a cheap plastic bag, not the nice plastic box where it can easily air dry standing up in it.

Wet the sponge twice and tightly squeeze dry after each soak. This prevents the sponge from absorbing your makeup - you want it on your face not the sponge. If it's liquid make-up, put a little in your hand and then put some on the sponge. Apply the sponge onto areas of your face and kinda roll the sponge so the makeup gets on the skin evenly. Resist the temptation to rub it in. You can also pat it. I've used it for primer, foundation, blush, even eye makeup. Haven't tried it for lipstick. I like the shape of the sponge. the pointy end is useful for getting around small areas like the nose and eyes. I use the bottom round end for blush. I use the middle of the sponge for foundation and primer. For concealer, you can still use the sponge, or use your finger or brush for more coverage.

You're assured of not having a heavy makeup look, looks more like airbrushed but better. I've done real airbrush makeup and this sponge does a better job. It feels nice and light on your skin, but still looks polished. This does take a little more time than using regular brushes. You also have to make sure you clean your sponge every single time after usage. I bought the Beautyblender soap (the real one) to wash it with. I then let it air dry sitting up in a small bowl.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really didn't want to like this sponge, but I do like it. I like it for powder foundations, it made my Burberry powder just melt into my skin giving wonderful coverage, not cakey, not powdery in the least. The trick is you need to use this with the right foundations, I used this with my bb cream and thought it was crap, but with my Koh Gen Doh foundation it is gorgeous. No streaks, no blending, you don't end up looking cakey or using too much foundation either, wonderful :)

on 5/22/2013 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Oh my GOSH! Now I understand what the hype is all about over a sponge that costs USD $20.00. I was very hesitant to buy this, thinking a sponge would give me sheer application, as like all sponges I have used did. Let me tell you, it doesn't matter what kind of foundation I use, this BB makes my face looks so airbrushed and flawless. It makes your makeup apply like butter, blending everything out without harsh lines. It's even better for your skin because instead of RUBBING products in, your tapping it on the skin, causing less irritation. I am very acne prone and have lots of acne scar. This tool really helps my foundation glide on evenly and gives me full coverage. I love the pointed ends too, it really helps with blending under eye concealer and blending in general. Great great product. Worth the hype. For 20$ this has replaced all my foundation, concealer, and blending brushes. For people complaining it's not working, maybe because you aren't squeezing the excessive water enough. I am in love with this product. I love it so much and I will continue to use it.

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

A must have for applying my BB Cream. I soak it with water first and ring it out so its kind of wet which makes applying my bb cream so much better :)

UPDATE: Sept 24/13

I still love the beauty blender but I found something that works even better. The real technique buffing brush by Samantha Chapman ( You can find it at any Walmart) is amazing when applying liquid foundation or a BB cream.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools